If Medicare is so wonderful, why did Ted Kennedy not use it?

chestnut

Makes you wonder? His vision was universal health coverage. For all Americans... Of course, except for the elitist in Washington.

These Senators and Congressmen, both Dems and Repubs, work for us.

Why do they have the best health plans?

Do you really think that Ted K. would have been happy in the medicare system.

Doubtful?

Werbung:
There have been some attempts to pass a bill that puts the congress on the same "public option" as they want to pass, but it gets voted down.

HMMMM.. I wonder why?

There have been some attempts to pass a bill that puts the congress on the same "public option" as they want to pass, but it gets voted down.
HMMMM.. I wonder why?

What/When/Who...speaking in generalities about prior bills...do you have any exacts/facts, something, anything? Not that I doubt your 'truth factor' here, but this it the first that I heard that congress had tried and failed at passing a 'public option' in the past....HUH :confused:

I don't fly on: "I heard that some were going to vote, or I heard that they voted it down"...easy to say but where and what bills were this supposed to be and when did that happen?

http://84rules.wordpress.com/2009/0...exempts-congress-from-socialized-health-care/

There's more. if you need more.

It's evident, that the folks in washington think they are above us, mere, citizens that actually pay them.

Besides attacking me, why not respond to the original post.

Paranoia and extreme sensitivity seems to be the emotional bases for a couple of {cough...adults} around here ;)

If you can't handle someone asking the question of what/when/who/where then by all means either always provide the 'proof' or don't post on a open opinion forum. JEEZ LOUISE...not all of us have the free time/energy and desire to spend googling the internet for everything available that is out there to read. So when someone {such as yourself} brings something that I've missed/didn't see and would like to read...for christsake don't be such a BABY about answering where you found it. :)
I'll respond to the original post when I have time to read the LINK :rolleyes:

Two points to make on this thread:

Ted Kennedy never said that he wanted an exclusive all encompassing single payer plan. He was always clear that his plan would cover the general population of American's, but he felt the military, gov't, and the wealthy should be outside the program.

There is no question that there have been at least two suggested amendments to the HR 3200 in the form of a Congressional mandate to be part of any single payer system. The first one never had enough support to get into committee and the second one is waiting for the return of Congress, but it also doesn't have the number of votes required to get out of committee.

The reason these are so hard to document and become fodder for speculation is because they are conversations in the hallways. They float an idea to see if they can get support, only to find there is none. At the same time they talk to the media about it as if it is a real bill or amendment. I believe they need a more democratic way to deal with these types of legislation versus allowing it to die just because some of the Congressional leaders won't let it come to the floor.

RULE OF .—The provisions of title XXXI of the Public Health Service Act (as added 15 by section 143) shall be construed, for purposes of the 16 consideration of the Affordable Health Choices Act by the 17 Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions of the Senate, as if the amendments described in subsection 19 (a) have been enacted.
20 SEC. 142. BUILDING ON THE SUCCESS OF THE FEDERAL

21 EMPLOYEES HEALTH BENEFIT PROGRAM SO

22 ALL AMERICANS HAVE AFFORDABLE HEALTH

23 BENEFIT CHOICES.
24 (a) FINDINGS.—The Senate finds that—39O:BAI\BAI09A84.xml [file 1 of 6] S.L.C.(1) the Federal employees health benefits program under chapter 89 of title 5, United States Code, allows Members of Congress to have affordable choices among competing health benefit plans; (2) the Federal employees health benefits program ensures that the health benefit plans available to Members of Congress meet minimum standards of quality and effectiveness; (3) millions of Americans have no meaningful choice in health benefits, because health benefit plans are either unavailable or unaffordable; and (4) all Americans should have the same kinds of meaningful choices of health benefit plans that Members of Congress, as Federal employees, enjoy through the Federal employees health benefits program (b) SENSE OF THE SENATE.—It is the sense of the Senate that Congress should establish a means for all Americans to enjoy affordable choices in health benefit plans, in the same manner that Members of Congress have such choices through the Federal employees health benefits program.

Amazing how so many of the facts on this 'LINK' that you provided seems to get lost in translation...from just the brief amount that I did read...it clearly states that the whole premise of forming the "Public Health Service Act" is to provide ALL OF AMERICA THE SAME HEALTH INSURANCE THAT THE FEDERAL EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY HAVE!!!

Yet here you {ChestNUT} are making irresponsible claims/statements:
It's evident, that the folks in washington think they are above us, mere, citizens that actually pay them.

Now I will know that you:

1. just post misnomers because you don't check for the facts :rolleyes:
2. don't check a right wing leaning article because you 'ASSume' that they are correct :rolleyes:
3. you don't care about the facts; just post something inflammatory because people will respond and gather around your words as though you had something important to say ;) GOOD GRIEF how LAME can you get!

Amazing how so many of the facts on this 'LINK' that you provided seems to get lost in translation...from just the brief amount that I did read...it clearly states that the whole premise of forming the "Public Health Service Act" is to provide ALL OF AMERICA THE SAME HEALTH INSURANCE THAT THE FEDERAL EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY HAVE!!!

Yet here you {ChestNUT} are making irresponsible claims/statements:

Now I will know that you:

1. just post misnomers because you don't check for the facts :rolleyes:
2. don't check a right wing leaning article because you 'ASSume' that they are correct :rolleyes:
3. you don't care about the facts; just post something inflammatory because people will respond and gather around your words as though you had something important to say ;) GOOD GRIEF how LAME can you get!

Just a question...did you pull that from the proposed Senate Bill? If so, which version? Thanks

Werbung:
Just a question...did you pull that from the proposed Senate Bill? If so, which version? Thanks

From the source that Chestnut provided and the link to the proposal is right there in the first or second paragraph...I doubt that he {Chestnut} even bothered to read the post and look at the LINK or he surely wouldn't have made that blatantly irresponsible statement that he did! ;)

http://84rules.wordpress.com/2009/08...d-health-care/

Affordable Health Choices Act

Back