Iran test-fires missiles in Persian Gulf

The "asymmetry" of asymmetric warfare cuts both ways. If Iran commits any acts of war against the US, we can carpet-bomb their cities, like WWII. The only time the US can lose now against any nation state is if we fight another Pee See war, like iraq.

Werbung:
The "asymmetry" of asymmetric warfare cuts both ways. If Iran commits any acts of war against the US, we can carpet-bomb their cities, like WWII. The only time the US can lose now against any nation state is if we fight another Pee See war, like iraq.

Which of course would require mass mobilization and a very signifigant increase in military size. More or less triggering WWIII, Iran isnt worth nuclear holocaust.

Again Iran makes a show of force you claim they are showing off ...yet Just 2 weeks ago Israel was doing the same thing with the US with there practice at a bombing run in Iran. Maybe it is Israel that has issues with the size of there penis.

I am of the opinion that it is the internal politics of Iran and Armeddinnerjacket’s personal position that is the reason for the current bout of sabre rattling and less to do with Israeli military exercises which are published in advance. If there were any objections then these under normal circumstances would be dealt with via the normal diplomatic channels rather than bellicose words and deeds - which is what the beleaguered leaders of TPLCs turn to when their penis’ are a bit shrivelled ;)

Yes, given Iran's stategic position vis-a-vis the Straits of Hormuz,They could choke off Persian Gulf oil to the rest of the world. The size and effectiveness of our military makes anything but asymetric warfare against us an absurdity.

The US Navy will never allow this.

If Iran were to sink a few tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, I suppose that could be considered an act of war. We could, of course, carpet bomb their cities, but that would still leave those sunken tankers choking off the oil supply on which the entire developed world depends.

Of course, killing off a few million Iranians because their leaders, which they did not, by the way choose themselves, would be pretty un PC, for sure, and wold likely trigger an even bigger war. What a great idea that is.

Of course, the war in Iraq being so "Pee See" must explain why the "left" and "liberals", who love Pee See, as we all know, are so much in favor of the war, right?

The US Navy will never allow this.

And our Air Force would never allow the destruction of the twin towers or the attack on the pentagon. The last analysis I heard, the navy doesn't think they could stop a determined effort by Iran to close the Straits of Hormuz. We could certainly punish them severly for doing it, we just couldn't stop it.

And our Air Force would never allow the destruction of the twin towers or the attack on the pentagon. The last analysis I heard, the navy doesn't think they could stop a determined effort by Iran to close the Straits of Hormuz. We could certainly punish them severly for doing it, we just couldn't stop it.

No , if you just say no we will not let them....it means its done. That's how you make Policy :)

Which of course would require mass mobilization and a very signifigant increase in military size. More or less triggering WWIII, Iran isnt worth nuclear holocaust.

Nonsense - reducing that country to kindling would take very little personnel, and it certainly wouldn't trigger "WWIII".

If Iran were to sink a few tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, I suppose that could be considered an act of war. We could, of course, carpet bomb their cities, but that would still leave those sunken tankers choking off the oil supply on which the entire developed world depends.

Uhhhhhhhh, we could move those tankers, and if I were in charge of the defense department, they'd never get the chance.

Of course, killing off a few million Iranians because their leaders, which they did not, by the way choose themselves, would be pretty un PC, for sure, and wold likely trigger an even bigger war. What a great idea that is.

If the iranian people don't remove the present dictatorship, they can expect bad consequences - just like hitler and the germans. Flattening that country, the worst worldwide supporter of isamlofascism, would go immensely far in improving the world. You give no reasons for claiming it will trigger war, and there really aren't any.

Of course, the war in Iraq being so "Pee See" must explain why the "left" and "liberals", who love Pee See, as we all know, are so much in favor of the war, right?

No - from LIBERALS viewpoint, the only Pee See war is one fought for other than US interests, and CERTAINLY not in the name of democracy.

Blocking the Straits??!! - Why would Iran block the only route for her to export her oil?

Iran exports crude oil via four main terminals -- Kharg Island (by far the largest), Lavan Island, Sirri Island, and Ras Bahregan. Refined products are exported via the Abadan and Bandar Mahshahr terminals.

Blocking the Straits??!! - Why would Iran block the only route for her to export her oil?

Iran exports crude oil via four main terminals -- Kharg Island (by far the largest), Lavan Island, Sirri Island, and Ras Bahregan. Refined products are exported via the Abadan and Bandar Mahshahr terminals.

more then likey it would simply make it hard for ships to pass with attacks on them....its real weapon would be hit American troops in Iraq, and attack oil targets over the middle east, with its cells that it has had in place for years.

I tend to agree. From Iran's viewpoint, blocking or not blocking the Straits is a heads I win, tails you lose proposition. To not block it means selling $150/bbl oil to the U.S. and watching us slowly bleed. To block it would destroy our economy in it's current form. Of course it would also destroy the economies of most of the world.

I read not too long ago that Iran so heavily subsidizes their internal petroleum usage that they are expected to be a net importor of oil in just a few years

Werbung:
Uhhhhhhhh, we could move those tankers, and if I were in charge of the defense department, they'd never get the chance.

Now that's just laughable. If I were in charge, they'd never get the chance to sink those tankers, because I would... would....????:confused:

If the iranian people don't remove the present dictatorship, they can expect bad consequences - just like hitler and the germans. Flattening that country, the worst worldwide supporter of isamlofascism, would go immensely far in improving the world. You give no reasons for claiming it will trigger war, and there really aren't any.

Let's kill off all of the Iranians, then, in order to put an end to their dictatorship. It's there fault, after all, that they have such a government and haven't risen up against it.

Are we also to blame for the current regime in Washington? I say we are, as we did vote them in.

No - from LIBERALS viewpoint, the only Pee See war is one fought for other than US interests, and CERTAINLY not in the name of democracy.

Then why did you call it that?

Back