Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here’

Werbung:
Iraq. A million people killed and the country in a state of anarchy

Well done US

You have managed to do more harm to the Iraqis than Saddam did

Oh , sorry, I forgot. Your murder is noble isn't it?

Well. it helped the oil profits. You some kind of radical or sumpin?

At what point, if any, is military intervention justified? Some folks who tell us that US intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan was wrong, are quick to tell us that US intervention in Libya was a moral necessity. Many folks have argued for US intervention in Syria, also justifying their argument on moral grounds. Should "morality" play a role in any international, US government decision-making, whether military or otherwise?

J
At what point, if any, is military intervention justified? Some folks who tell us that US intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan was wrong, are quick to tell us that US intervention in Libya was a moral necessity. Many folks have argued for US intervention in Syria, also justifying their argument on moral grounds. Should "morality" play a role in any international, US government decision-making, whether military or otherwise?

had to check but no mention of that in the constitution or applicable law.

yeah i know. quaint thinking...

Of course the US should act morally. I think your question is, "should the US try to stop and correct other nations that are acting immorally?" After all our recent involvements in the Middle East, I think we can conclude that is an impossible task - at least the way we go about it with our military.

Perhaps as globalization progresses and the people of the world understand and accept differences in culture, diplomacy and cooperation with countries like Russia and China, we will be able to find a way to halt moral tragedies. But right now, with the tools available, trying to stop immoral conflicts is a fool's game.

^ It's odd that the Shias seem to have forgotten the thousands of Shia bodies found in the graves dug for them after they were executed on the spot by Sadam's military. So the Iraqis now consider mass murders like that "the good old days" huh??????????

When my Conservative friends read articles like the pathetic one posted above, IGNORE them! They're nothing more than garbage dessiminated by leftist scum!

The great thing is never to read anything. Truth and reactionary international criminality aren't compatible, as you know.

Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here’

By Global Research News

Global Research, December 01, 2012

I sat in on a lecture, given in English, to maybe fifty or more young men and women at a college in Ramadi.

Then a young man in the front row only a couple of feet from me said in a quiet voice “We have nothing to say. The last years have been only sad ones.” Again there was silence.

Sami, my host from Najaf and part of the Muslim Peacemaker Team, stood and shared. He told the story of how, after the U.S. bombing assaults on Fallujah, he and others came from the Shia cities of Najaf and Karbala, to carry out a symbolic act of cleaning up rubble and trash in the streets of Fallujah. This gesture, he said, melted hearts and healed some of the brokenness between Sunni and Shia. He

spoke of the delegation of peacemakers from the United States who were just in Najaf for twelve days, of the work to build bridges and seek reconciliation.

An impassioned young woman from the middle of the lecture hall spoke up. It was obviously not easy for her. “It is not,” she said, “about lack of water and electricity [something I had mentioned]. You have destroyed everything. You have destroyed our country. You have destroyed what is inside of us! You have destroyed our ancient civilization. You have taken our smiles from us. You have

taken our dreams!”

Someone asked, “Why did you this? What did we do to you that you would do this to us?”

“Iraqis cannot forget what Americans have done here,” said another. “They destroyed the childhood. You don’t destroy everything and then say ‘We’re sorry.’ “You don’t commit crimes and then say ‘Sorry.’”

“To bomb us and then send teams to do investigations on the effects of the bombs…No, it will not be forgotten. It is not written on our hearts, it is carved in our hearts.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/iraqis-cannot-forget-what-americans-have-done-here/5313695?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=iraqis-cannot-forget-what-americans-have-done-here

Petagon got fat budget. Americans harvest hatred.

Which you rather have? Saddam executions or Americans harassing?

Should "morality" play a role in any international, US government decision-making, whether military or otherwise? YES But only if it's mine or your morality...maybe dogs..

Of course the US should act morally. I think your question is, "should the US try to stop and correct other nations that are acting immorally?" After all our recent involvements in the Middle East, I think we can conclude that is an impossible task - at least the way we go about it with our military.

Perhaps as globalization progresses and the people of the world understand and accept differences in culture, diplomacy and cooperation with countries like Russia and China, we will be able to find a way to halt moral tragedies. But right now, with the tools available, trying to stop immoral conflicts is a fool's game.

Let's use a theoretical example. Assume that Japan had not attacked Pearl Harbor. Assume also that the war in Europe was being overwhelmingly won by the Nazis, and that Japan conquered China in it's entirety, as well as Austrailia and New Zealand. Finally, assume that Japan launched an eastern offensive against the USSR to pinzer them with the Nazis. Should the US have sat by quietly if we were not attacked by the Axis powers?

still waiting for all my stolen oil.

YOU STOLE OIL? Im calling the cops
copphone.jpg

Hello Deputy? Doghammer stole oil

Let's use a theoretical example. Assume that Japan had not attacked Pearl Harbor. Assume also that the war in Europe was being overwhelmingly won by the Nazis, and that Japan conquered China in it's entirety, as well as Austrailia and New Zealand. Finally, assume that Japan launched an eastern offensive against the USSR to pinzer them with the Nazis. Should the US have sat by quietly if we were not attacked by the Axis powers?

You WERE sitting by quietly, whilst Britain stood alone. Isolationism was a great power, very popular with Americans due to their cowardly nature. The ONLY REASON you Americans got involved with the European theater was the fact that you knew if the Nazis took Britain, your country would be in grave danger since Germany would thus have become the pre-emiment superpower on the planet. Taking Britain would have given the Nazis a fortress from which they could attack the USA. THIS is the ONLY reason why you intervened. Not morality. Cut the bullshit. The US delves into the affairs of other countries ONLY to gain advantage. This is called 'geopolitics'. It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with morality. You do not give a shit about morality. NOt in the least.

still waiting for all my stolen oil.

If the USA went to war with Iraq simply for their oil as many claim, then why do we CAnadians bother selling you ours? AFter all, you would not need it with that new supply flowing into the US from Iraq.

Werbung:
I give up. Tell me why Afghanistan has such strategic significance in the modern era. And don't give me any of that Silk Road shit.

Why, certainly.

Afghanistan is adjacent to Middle Eastern countries that are rich in oil and natural gas. And though Afghanistan may have little petroleum itself, it borders both Iran and Turkmenistan, countries with the second and third largest natural gas reserves in the world. (Russia is first.)

"One of our goals is to stabilize Afghanistan," and to link South and Central Asia "so that energy can flow to the south." Oil and gas have motivated U.S. involvement in the Middle East for decades.

You are welcome, my child.

Back