Is Congress actually CUTTING spending, or just increasing it less than expected?

Little-Acorn

That's something that Congress actually calls a "cut".

If they expected to increase spending 15% over this year's, but then they wind up increasing it by "only" 12%, they actually call that a "cut".

Anybody know if that's what the Congresscritters are planning this time? Are we actually going to spend LESS than we did last year? Or are we going to spend "only" 12% more? (Or whatever the number comes out to)

Werbung:
You just described the Ryan plan...

Which still remains better than any other plan out there. A 12% increase in spending still beats a 15% increase...it won't solve our long term issues of course, but it at least makes an attempt to slow it down somewhat.

Which still remains better than any other plan out there. A 12% increase in spending still beats a 15% increase...it won't solve our long term issues of course, but it at least makes an attempt to slow it down somewhat.

That does not address the question that's been posed:

Does it actually qualify as a "cut" in spending?

That does not address the question that's been posed:

Does it actually qualify as a "cut" in spending?

Well, depending on how you look at it...If we were going to spend 15% but only spend 12%, then we have cut spending technically....but clearly we have not cut anything from the level of spending before we spent the additional 12%.

The answer's pretty simple.

If you cut spending for next year, that means you will spend less next year than you did this year. If you wind up spending more next year than you did this year, you didn't cut squat.

All else is smoke and mirrors, designed to give people the wrong impression about what you are really doing (increasing spending by 12% in the example given).

Limbaugh once ran a "commercial" he made back when Billary were trying to "cut spending" when an election was coming. They were accused of "cutting" Social Security. Limbaugh showed three clips:

First clip was from Bill before he was elected, saying that the amount he was proposing the govt spend, was less than the amount budgeted for the coming year, and therefore it was a cut.

Second clip was of Hillary trying to accuse Republicans of smoke&mirrors, saying that they were still raising spending next year, just not as much as they had previously proposed... therefore it was not a cut.

Third clip was of Bill, basically parroting what Hillary said, and concluding it was not a cut.

Limbaugh concluded the "commercial" with a deep, important-sounding announcer's voice saying, "Two out of three Clintons agree: It's not a cut."

Classic. And as true now as it was when Billary tried to use it to their advantage.

The answer's pretty simple.

If you cut spending for next year, that means you will spend less next year than you did this year. If you wind up spending more next year than you did this year, you didn't cut squat.

All else is smoke and mirrors, designed to give people the wrong impression about what you are really doing (increasing spending by 12% in the example given).

Limbaugh once ran a "commercial" he made back when Billary were trying to "cut spending" when an election was coming. They were accused of "cutting" Social Security. Limbaugh showed three clips:

First clip was from Bill before he was elected, saying that the amount he was proposing the govt spend, was less than the amount budgeted for the coming year, and therefore it was a cut.

Second clip was of Hillary trying to accuse Republicans of smoke&mirrors, saying that they were still raising spending next year, just not as much as they had previously proposed... therefore it was not a cut.

Third clip was of Bill, basically parroting what Hillary said, and concluding it was not a cut.

Limbaugh concluded the "commercial" with a deep, important-sounding announcer's voice saying, "Two out of three Clintons agree: It's not a cut."

Classic. And as true now as it was when Billary tried to use it to their advantage.

NOW I understand! You are a limppoo addict!

Well, say no more! :D

Does anyone out there actually believe that the spending in 2012 will be less than in 2011, or that it will be less in 2013 than in 2012? anyone, anyone???

Of course, it's all smoke and mirrors, and partisan gamesmanship. They might pass a cut to take place after the election, then rescind it afterward, but I'd be quite unwilling to bet on spending actually going down, regardless of who gets elected.

But, that's just me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe things will change, the government will start to shrink, unicorns will again frolic in green pastures, and reason and logic guide human actions.

Does anyone out there actually believe that the spending in 2012 will be less than in 2011, or that it will be less in 2013 than in 2012? anyone, anyone???

Not me, frankly.

Though I didn't expect the Berlin Wall to come down either.

Stranger things have happened.

Werbung:

I have grave doubts.

I don't trust the dems to do it as far as I could throw them up hill on Jupiter. I don't trust the pubs to do it as far as I could throw them on Saturn.

The tea party is a small glimmer of hope.

But if real cuts don't occur at some time we are doomed. The problem is that the only cuts any of the politicians like are the cuts to the other parties agenda.

Back