Labels, Labels, Labels...

Apathy

There has been a lot of talk about labels so I think in the interest of accuracy for future conversations we should find out who we really are and define the terms.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

I prefer this quiz over the political compass as it gives you an oppurtunity to rate the importance of the question and is far more in depth.

Compass:

You are a far-right social libertarian.
Right: 9.32, Libertarian: 8.56

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -10.00

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -8.24

Now how about you?

Werbung:
You are a left social libertarian.
Left: 6.48, Libertarian: 3.95

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -2.83

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -6.85

You are a left social libertarian.
Left: 6.48, Libertarian: 3.95

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -2.83

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: -6.85

We have very little in common accept in the cultural aspect of things... I very rarely see scores similar to mine and the ones that are similar are usually anarchists.

You are a right social moderate.
Right: 6.42, Libertarian: 0.83

Foreign Policy:

On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -0.67

Culture:

Where are you in the culture war? On the liberal side, or the conservative side? This scale may apply more to the US than other countries. You scored: 0.86

Some of the questions were somewhat ambiguous in my opinion. For example, If our leader meets with our enemies, it makes us appear weak is one question, and depending on the scenario it would go either way... which was not an option.

Some of the questions were somewhat ambiguous in my opinion. For example, If our leader meets with our enemies, it makes us appear weak is one question, and depending on the scenario it would go either way... which was not an option.

I thought it was pretty straight forward. Does meeting with enemies to resolve conflicts with out bullets and soldiers dying for the suites make us look weak?

I thought it was pretty straight forward. Does meeting with enemies to resolve conflicts with out bullets and soldiers dying for the suites make us look weak?

"Meeting with enemies" is not the issue really for me.. the issue for me is more the political ramifications that come from such meetings.

For example, if we are trying to get a meeting by chasing around some leader who continues to publicly attack us and dodge meetings we do look stupid...additionally, in tribal scenarios where we might find ourselves, meeting with certain tribes sends a very clear political message to other tribes and could ultimately result in a longer war and more death.

For me at least, it was not as clear as it seems.

"Meeting with enemies" is not the issue really for me.. the issue for me is more the political ramifications that come from such meetings.

For example, if we are trying to get a meeting by chasing around some leader who continues to publicly attack us and dodge meetings we do look stupid...additionally, in tribal scenarios where we might find ourselves, meeting with certain tribes sends a very clear political message to other tribes and could ultimately result in a longer war and more death.

For me at least, it was not as clear as it seems.

I think the idea is to just pick the one your closest to...I mean to have a test with all the little details...would be mindbogglingly long and hard. I mean just one question could be pages of possible responses. I felt the same on quite a few questions, but I think they take that into effect..

yep, but hey at least you make me look like a die hard war monger on the scale lol

Yeah never got the need for war... But the funny thing is I never answered anything like a pacifist. I just used the "you stay in your yard and ill stay in mine" philosophy.

My results, as compared to other quiz takers:

Let's Compare Your Results to the Average

Your Results Again:
10x24.gif

Average of All Quiz-Takers:
17x23.gif

That sounds about right. I'm a little further left and not quite as libertarian as I was on the "My Political Compass" quiz. I suppose it depends on the quiz maker's definitions.

My results, as compared to other quiz takers:

Let's Compare Your Results to the Average

Your Results Again:
10x24.gif

Average of All Quiz-Takers:
17x23.gif

That sounds about right. I'm a little further left and not quite as libertarian as I was on the "My Political Compass" quiz. I suppose it depends on the quiz maker's definitions.

Well there it is. It is now confirmed for all to see (though I knew it long ago), you are a LIB.

Why can't you admit it?

Like a drunk who fails to accept that he is a alcoholic, failing to admit you are a lib only prolongs the your agony. Once you admit it, I can help you overcome the awful dreadful horrendous disgusting appalling ghastly frightful shocking terrifying...ops I got carried away...disease you have contracted.

Admit it THC and I shall save you.

Just call me the Lib Doctor...I have the cure for what ails you.

Well there it is. It is now confirmed for all to see (though I knew it long ago), you are a LIB.

Why can't you admit it?

Like a drunk who fails to accept that he is a alcoholic, failing to admit you are a lib only prolongs the your agony. Once you admit it, I can help you overcome the awful dreadful horrendous disgusting appalling ghastly frightful shocking terrifying...ops I got carried away...disease you have contracted.

Admit it THC and I shall save you.

Just call me the Lib Doctor...I have the cure for what ails you.

Since a "lib" is someone who disagrees with your point of view,
and since I disagree with you way more than half of the time,
I'm a lib.

There, I confirmed it.

Since a "lib" is someone who disagrees with your point of view,
and since I disagree with you way more than half of the time,
I'm a lib.

There, I confirmed it.

That's your definition of a Lib. Man do you need and education.

Like I said I can help you, but you must admit that you are a Lib. Will you admit it?

Werbung:
That's your definition of a lib, as confirmed by your posts.

oh please. Are you hitting the bong again? Isn't it early out there on the left coast for getting stoned? Well may any hour works for you.

I really have missed our wonderful chats though. Why have you been so distant lately?:)

I have never bothered to define liberalism but I do criticize it every day. And get great enjoyment doing it.

Once again, this kooky thing you have about definitions. Most intelligent people know what liberalism is.

You just proved you are a lib in that test. Why can't you admit it?

Back