Micheal Moore admits delays in Obamacare to be expected

Then, why is our health care cost so much higher than any other developped country?

The for profit health care insurance are using price fixing (although it is illegal), to keep the premiums high. This would not be allowed to happen if REAL competition existed.

I personally resent looking at my health, and my kids' health and ANYONE's health as an "INDUSTRY."
But, to each its own!

Not in order:

About 4% of the cost is because of insurance profits.
Then there are doctor and nurse and hospital profits.
Then money that somehow ends up in congress.
And some waste.
And costs for services that are not needed.
And regulatory costs
And the cost to have new or more machines than other countries have
or the extra cost for private rooms or rooms with just two people

And expenses that we have that other countries don't have like the cost for gang bangers that get shot and cost millions per event to treat. I am speaking mostly of the higher than average murder rate that we have more than I am talking about the cost of treating uninsured. and of course for every million dollar treatment murder victim that does to recover there will be ten million dollar treatments for those that do recover.

And costs for elective treatments that we have more of.

and costs that some countries have that get hidden like tuition for doctors or babies that die prematurely and never get counted.

or the savings that some countries have for aborting babies that would be sick.

And that costs that we incur for end of life treatments where other countries would euthanize.

And the list just goes on...

Werbung:
Then, why is our health care cost so much higher than any other developed country?

The total cost to my dad when I was born in 1954 was $250. That included Mom being in the hospital for 5 days with me. My co-pay when my daughter was born was coincidentally the very same and they booted mother and child in 36 hours.

Medicare came about in 1965 and around the same period came govt set wage control which was the birth of commonly held medical insurance.

The answer to why something is wrong with this country is virtually always the same: government screwed it up. And sadly it has nothing to do with unintended consequences.

Back