Mini-Bailout, For EVERYONE!

there is no doubt that both the republicans and the democrats want to grow spending - just in different ways.

Meanwhile I want to decrease spending and am left with the option of voting for the big spenders or the bigger spenders or the small spenders who have no chance of winning an election.

Bingo. That is exactly the choice we had in the last election. Now, the government is spending even more, which, of course is predictable.

Since the choice is to spend or to overspend, then we may as well get something out of it.

Werbung:
If you consider yourself a "conservative", there's not a whole lot I can do about that.[/CENTER]

He's not. He just doesn't agree with your never accurate posts... which I suppose makes him a conservative to you.

Bingo. That is exactly the choice we had in the last election. Now, the government is spending even more, which, of course is predictable.

Since the choice is to spend or to overspend, then we may as well get something out of it.

Sounds like a reach-around.

Talk about the end of civilization. That answer encapsulated everything wrong with our nation. Since we can't stop evil, let's help it along!

Talk about the end of civilization. That answer encapsulated everything wrong with our nation. Since we can't stop evil, let's help it along!

If you find overspending evil, and not just a poor policy, then I suppose you have a point. It seems to me that it has been going on for so long now that it might be difficult to stop.

Whatever did happen to that balanced budget amendment?

The outrageous "pork" is just a diversion from the real issues in this plan.

Govt. Controlled Health Care
More Welfare

It's a game to the folks in washington

If you find overspending evil, and not just a poor policy, then I suppose you have a point. It seems to me that it has been going on for so long now that it might be difficult to stop.

Whatever did happen to that balanced budget amendment?

The last time I went out to dinner I overspent. I don't find that evil just foolish. As long as it is my own money that is being overspent it is not evil.

As soon as I take your money, with the threat that you will go to jail should you somehow refuse to give it to me, and then I overspend it, well, then it is clearly evil.

A good picture of the "stimulus" bill

aria09021320090212025408.jpg

Re: A good picture of the "stimulus" bill

Hello, statism and authoritarian government. By the time a new administration comes to power and the new one is neither democratic nor republican but instead something far worse than both there won't be anyone laughing then.

Meanwhile the administrations of today give the dictators of tomorrow the power they will need.

Re: A good picture of the "stimulus" bill

Hello, statism and authoritarian government. By the time a new administration comes to power and the new one is neither democratic nor republican but instead something far worse than both there won't be anyone laughing then.

Meanwhile the administrations of today give the dictators of tomorrow the power they will need.

Statism is certainly nothing new. The past administration was about as statist as any we've had.

I think the American people will get tired of ever expanding government sooner or later. If not, then, yes, we're likely to have something worse.

....And, you're....of course....gonna give Obama (the same) 8-years, to prove evryone wrong, right....or, is it different, for him? :rolleyes:

Stand-by!

That loud SNAP you'll be hearing, will be the collective-necks of his "conservative"-adversaries (in Congress), once they've been allowed to run to the end-o'-the-rope he's been giving them.​

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

"The G.O.P. doesn’t recognize that it emerged from the stimulus battle even worse off than when it started. That obliviousness gives the president the opening to win more ambitious policy victories than last week’s. Having checked the box on attempted bipartisanship, Obama can now move in for the kill."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

("Mini", of course, being a relative-term.*)

What could you get done, with a $2,000 bail-out??​

Republicans were going to let nothing pass until it reflected paying the big hands of corporate monopolies which they have feed and which have fed them back lo these 30 years. Don't like it, vote out republicans.

Republicans were going to let nothing pass until it reflected paying the big hands of corporate monopolies which they have feed and which have fed them back lo these 30 years. Don't like it, vote out republicans.

AWW COOKIE! You're killing me :)

Which corporate monopolies are we talking about? Rockefeller (D)?

I'm just curious when people start talking about monopolies because so few are actually monopolies, and normally when government acts against monopolies, it causes massive price spikes that harm the public. (phone company anyone?)

Werbung:

That would make more sense if the democrats did not also have back room meetings with big companies.

The solution is not to think that since pubs feed corporations that we can elect democrats and all will be well.

The solution is to tie the hands of congress so that neither party can engage in such shenanigans. We might even consider writing a constitution that forbade congress from doing anything that was not in a specific list of allowable things. We might even consider that with a little more flexibility congress could do things that cost us all equally and benefited us all equally.

Back