Miscariage? prove it, or jail or worse....

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/23/bobby-franklin-miscarriage-naturally

Under this new law ( so unconstitutional its amazing) I have at least 3 close freinds who would have to go prove this to the goverment or risk jail or worse. I am sure thats just what they want to have to do, as they all where realy hurt and devistated by the loss as it was...and this does not even count the ones so early that they never told anyone. Thank you Idiot Republicans for more brain dead ideas....

some of this nut jobs other ideas...
All Money used to pay for financial transactions involving the state...to be paid in gold and silver? Maybe next all government workers must travel by horseback as well.

Also no more Drivers Licence...you want to drive? just do it, who cares if you don't know how and kill a bunch of people. Its your right to kill them all in a horrible car accident.

Werbung:
I read one other article about it from another source.

Yes, it is a bone-headed law. It would open the door for numerous abuses by legislators and lawyers alike in the same way that RICO was intended to stop mobsters from engaging in racketeering but then was applied to people picketing on the street.

The OP was wrong however that people would need to prove their innocence. They could be investigated but the burden of proof would still be on the state to prove guilt.

Don't believe everything you hear. Yet, some crazy things do have an element of truth behind them.

if your saying it is not true, maybe you could try...showing why its not?

That's called the negative proof fallacy

The OP was wrong however that people would need to prove their innocence. They could be investigated but the burden of proof would still be on the state to prove guilt.

Dr.Who is correct.

Or is it more you just want it to be true, so its not? I have seen quite a few sources for it.

Let me guess those sources... ThinkProgress, DailyKos, Huffpo, Moveon, or any of the other BS sites echoing the leftist progressive propaganda.

Let me guess those sources... ThinkProgress, DailyKos, Huffpo, Moveon, or any of the other BS sites echoing the leftist progressive propaganda.

When I was searching for information on that guy those sites did have stories about him and boy were they making hay. But lets' face it the guy is a nut-job.

Sadly, the fact that a nut-job like him can be elected to be a congressman says more about the system and both parties than it ever does about democrats or republicans. What must his opponent have been like? Why are his antics only penny news? Why are congressmen like him not run out of town on a rail? Why don't his staff tell him that he is completely misreading the constitution when he thinks that it says the states must trade in gold or silver?

We all need to be careful of nut like him. Today he tries to protect all life by passing a law that births that begin with a live fetus and end with a dead one should be investigated. It makes a tiny bit of sense. No doubt some of those deaths are intentional and not carried out by a "doctor" but if the law were to pass all miscarriages would be subject to investigation and since maybe 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage that could involve a really huge number of women who were just grieving the baby they wanted.

Most important, laws are not limited to the intent of the person who writes them. The interstate commerce clause was written so one state would not take advantage of another and today it threatens to render the entire constitution irrelevant.

We all get caught up in defending those who tend to be on the right side against the crazy attacks from the other side everyday. But when those crazy attacks turn out to reflect that the guy on our side is actually crazy we would be best to just admit it and move on.

Ewwwwww - she needs a note from her doctor.....

SCARY!!!! :D :D :D :D

But when those crazy attacks turn out to reflect that the guy on our side is actually crazy we would be best to just admit it and move on.

Here's a link to the text of the actual legislation:

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2011_12/fulltext/hb1.htm

One guy writes a bill, with no cosponsors and no cosigners, submits it to the legislature where it will be read in committee and quickly die, probably as a campaign ploy to inflate his pro-life ranking, and the Left is freaking out as if it's a big deal.

The Leftist are the crazy people running around screaming about how the sky is falling... This bill poses zero risk to anyone, it will never get out of committee, much less be brought to a vote, much less be signed into law. It is the Left who needs to admit the bill is a non-starter and move on.

It's not like Bobby Franklin is sitting in the White House unilaterally declaring a federal law he disagrees with is unconstitutional and is therefore instructing his lackies to stop defending the law in court.... I'm sure if any president ever did that the Left would have the same kind of hysterical reaction they are having to this non-issue of a bill. Oh... wait... :rolleyes:

Unlike Pocket and his Progbot buddies, I bothered reading the actual bill. Franklin is making the case for abortion to be a states rights issue rather than a federal one. Read it for yourself and see how "crazy" it sounds. The pro-abortion crowd will scream in horror as they do with any legislation put forth by non-Leftists, but the pro-lifers will have a difficult time finding much to disagree with. Franklins rationale is pretty solid, he makes a very compelling argument, but one I feel is more appropriate for the judicial rather than legislative branch of government to consider.

First it calls it Murder..meaning..at least life in jail can be the penalty..or death as I belive that state has the Death penalty.

Abortion has been ruled Legal by the Supreme court...Thus the Bill is clearly against the law based on the Supreme court....I thought you where for Laws being not against the constitution....Wait let me guess...since you don't agree with the ruling it does not count right?

"and popularly as a 'miscarriage' so long as there is no human involvement whatsoever in the causation of such event."

Ok ...so no human involvement...what does that mean? that can be taken as a pretty broad statement.

also nice to know that in a effort to stop abortions.....He wants to ban access to birth control from schools...you know where they may actually get educated on sex and how to use those things...and be able to feel comfortable getting them ( I know they are all good Christian kids who if you just say don't do it, they will not have sex!)

And yes its all those LIberal site Gen
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-abortion-proposal-punish-women-miscarriages/

that Liberal FOX NEWS?

You yourself say no one else will sponsor the bill...geee maybe because of the reasons I said?

this guy is a nut case, and republicans put him in office for some reason...I think its worth pointing out what kind of leader republicans are trying to put in office...

And Gen I guess maybe you did not read the bill...Basically what i said was in the bill. I found in the bill.

We all get caught up in defending those who tend to be on the right side against the crazy attacks from the other side everyday. But when those crazy attacks turn out to reflect that the guy on our side is actually crazy we would be best to just admit it and move on.

I agree....I would never said there are no Crazy liberals. I don't always agree with them at all.

And Gen I guess maybe you did not read the bill...Basically what i said was in the bill. I found in the bill.

Actually you claimed victims of a miscarriage would have to prove their innocence and that is a lie, burden of proof lies with the state. That aside:

Franklin has introduced the bill each session since 2002 but it has never made it out of committee, his office said, adding that it likely never will.
Pocket, you agree this 9 year old bill has no chance of being passed into law, so why make a big deal about it now? Why haven't you been foaming at the mouth about this for the last 9 years?

Actually you claimed victims of a miscarriage would have to prove their innocence and that is a lie, burden of proof lies with the state. That aside:

Franklin has introduced the bill each session since 2002 but it has never made it out of committee, his office said, adding that it likely never will.
Pocket, you agree this 9 year old bill has no chance of being passed into law, so why make a big deal about it now? Why haven't you been foaming at the mouth about this for the last 9 years?

because I did not know about it? And I never said it was going to pass...I question why the Republicans would elect such a idiot to office.

And how hard could it be to show that "some human involvement" by the state...when the bill is so broad? Unless your superhuman and follow evry single idea way to be when pregnant...you could be found to meet that standard.

And regardless its unconstitutional...but I guess you don't care about that now right? \

And foaming at the mouth? mmmm I posted one thread about it...yes Foaming....:rolleyes:

The leftwing's REAL problem with such efforts is that their fanatical belief in and defense of the Abortion Holocaust is the closest most of them will ever come to having a religion.

OOPS! Darn - forgot about global warming.

I question why the Republicans would elect such a idiot to office.

It would probably be overstating the case to say that republicans elected him.

He was elected with a mere 14,000 votes when he ran unopposed. The few people who voted for him were as likely to have done so just because he was the only name on the ballot as for any other reason.

Werbung:
First it calls it Murder..meaning..at least life in jail can be the penalty..or death as I belive that state has the Death penalty.

Abortion has been ruled Legal by the Supreme court...Thus the Bill is clearly against the law based on the Supreme court....I thought you where for Laws being not against the constitution....Wait let me guess...since you don't agree with the ruling it does not count right?

"and popularly as a 'miscarriage' so long as there is no human involvement whatsoever in the causation of such event."

Ok ...so no human involvement...what does that mean? that can be taken as a pretty broad statement.

also nice to know that in a effort to stop abortions.....He wants to ban access to birth control from schools...you know where they may actually get educated on sex and how to use those things...and be able to feel comfortable getting them ( I know they are all good Christian kids who if you just say don't do it, they will not have sex!)

And yes its all those LIberal site Gen
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-abortion-proposal-punish-women-miscarriages/

that Liberal FOX NEWS?

You yourself say no one else will sponsor the bill...geee maybe because of the reasons I said?

this guy is a nut case, and republicans put him in office for some reason...I think its worth pointing out what kind of leader republicans are trying to put in office...

The D party is full of nut cases, but apparently you are okay with them.

You no doubt voted for the nut case Fat Al Franken.

Back