MIT & Health-Care Legislation: Republicans Are LYING!!!

Mr. Shaman

"Republicans have been flogging the notion that if we have health care reform, your premiums will go up. They have no data to back up the claim, but they repeat it endlessly. Here's a new report that throws cold water on their heads. Will this new report get the attention it deserves by the media?

"A new analysis by a leading MIT economist provides new ammunition for Democrats as the Senate begins formally debating the historic health-reform bill being pushed by President Barack Obama.

The report concludes that under the Senate’s health-reform bill, Americans buying individual coverage will pay less than they do for today's typical individual market coverage, and would be protected from high out-of-pocket costs."

s-JOHN-BOEHNER-CRYING-large.jpg

Werbung:
MIT those damn liberals , with there...being all smart and stuff. rawr.

and of course lets ignore the reports showing it actually reducing the debt and focus only on the cost...but ignore the savings part of the math .

Of course the problem is that the CBO says the direct opposite. They claim that premiums will go up 10-13% for that same group the Doctor examines.

Additionally, many of the premiums come down for people due to tax credits, which have to be paid for somewhere else.

Of course the problem is that the CBO says the direct opposite. They claim that premiums will go up 10-13% for that same group the Doctor examines.

Additionally, many of the premiums come down for people due to tax credits, which have to be paid for somewhere else.

I think it verys based on what plan we use...I think the public option is the best way to reduce overall costs for all plans when they have to compete with it. And all one has to do is look how much they are increasing right now to see, that in 10 years with no radical change...how many are going to be able to pay for health care? Medical cost are already the biggest reason for Bankruptcy and also hurting housing market as well. My ex who has a good job, that pays well, pays so much in medical costs right now she is in heavy debt...and she already have moved back him with mom, rent free ( part of health reason, more for money) and never goes out , does not spend much money...She got very lucky that when she got laid off from job before, they let her keep her medical for a few months , ( threat of lawsuit helped) if not, she would not have got the probably life saving surgery she had, just to get to where she is now...and that is still sick alot and not able to eat much, and in pain .....So regardless how the cost go, I can't sit back and support the current system that would have let her die possibly, becuse she got laid off due to budget cuts. And I say that as someone who myself had no medical care for 6 years, while working 2 jobs 60-80 hours a week

I think it verys based on what plan we use...I think the public option is the best way to reduce overall costs for all plans when they have to compete with it. And all one has to do is look how much they are increasing right now to see, that in 10 years with no radical change...how many are going to be able to pay for health care? Medical cost are already the biggest reason for Bankruptcy and also hurting housing market as well. My ex who has a good job, that pays well, pays so much in medical costs right now she is in heavy debt...and she already have moved back him with mom, rent free ( part of health reason, more for money) and never goes out , does not spend much money...She got very lucky that when she got laid off from job before, they let her keep her medical for a few months , ( threat of lawsuit helped) if not, she would not have got the probably life saving surgery she had, just to get to where she is now...and that is still sick alot and not able to eat much, and in pain .....So regardless how the cost go, I can't sit back and support the current system that would have let her die possibly, becuse she got laid off due to budget cuts. And I say that as someone who myself had no medical care for 6 years, while working 2 jobs 60-80 hours a week

If competition is the goal, then why do neither the House or Senate bills allow for insurance companies to compete with each other across state lines?

If competition is the goal, then why do neither the House or Senate bills allow for insurance companies to compete with each other across state lines?

I know that was part of some plans...as for specifics I am sure its got alot of legal stuff to it. But I don;t know enough about why they don't to say I would be for it, but on he basics I am all for that.

At least you've got your talking-points straight!

:rolleyes:

"A new CBO report, requested by Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN) contains some helpful, though not unexpected information about the impact of Senate health care legislation on insurance premiums, particularly in the individual market.

According to CBO, average premiums in the individual market would increase 10 to 13 percent because of provisions in the Senate health care bill, but, crucially, most people (about 57 percent) would actually find themselves paying significantly less money for insurance, thanks to federal subsidies for low- and middle-class consumers, than they would under current law.

Those are two separate findings, but it seems likely that Republicans will use the former finding to attack reform, claiming it will raise people's premiums, and leave people confused about the second finding, which is actually the one that impacts people's pocket books.

Those who keep their "cadillac" insurance would end up paying higher premiums than they do today, and those who choose instead to choose less luxurious policies would pay lower premiums.

"[P]eople who remained in high-premium plans would pay higher premiums under the excise tax than under current law, and people who shifted to lower-premium plans would pay lower premiums under the excise tax than under current law," the report reads."

It's no WONDER you're (constantly) forgetting to source your claims.

There's no other way to say it.

You LIE.

At least you've got your talking-points straight!

It's no WONDER you're (constantly) forgetting to source your claims.

There's no other way to say it.

You LIE.

Premiums are going up in that report. And I stated that other premiums would go down due to tax credits and whatnot. So... where did I lie?

Saying that tax credits and whatnot have to be paid for is hardly some shocking lie.

Premiums are going up in that report. And I stated that other premiums would go down due to tax credits and whatnot. So... where did I lie?

Saying that tax credits and whatnot have to be paid for is hardly some shocking lie.
Save it.

You got BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif

CBO says premiums for a percentage of americans will go up

Not just that there is another article in the AP that states there has been new language added to the bill that will put limits on what insurers have to pay out.

All the facts are there, and more. There's language in the bill that gives the govt access to our banking information as well.

Page 58 HC Bill: Govt will have real-time access to individuals' finances & a 'National ID Health card' will be issued!

This bill is over 2000 pages. It's chocked full of things that have absolutely nothing to do with providing insurance and decreasing costs.

It's about control.

The bill to fix healthcare could be fairly simple and would have bi-partisan support

#1 No limits on insurance payout
#2 Trade across state lines
#3 Reform malpractice insurance
#4 Financial aid for those that qualify
#5 No tax money for abortions
#6 No coverage for illegal immigrants
#7 Same tax breaks for private citizens buying own policy as employers get
#8 Incentives for the healthy lifestyles
#9 Pre-existing conditions covered

2000 pages means they want to play games and hide crap that no one will find until it is too late..

The govt is of the people. The folks in Washington seem to forget this. It's not about what they think is best.

No... re-write the bill and get rid of the stuff not pertaining to the items that need to be addressed.

Page 195 HC Bill: Officers & employees of the GOVT HC Admin.. will have access to ALL Americans' finances and personal records.

What the hell does the govt need access to personal records and finances for? Fixing the problems with healthcare should not mean that we give up our freedoms and liberties.

Werbung:

What I want to know is do Republicants get a discount on that Vicks VapoRub they put under their eyes so it appears they're crying? Maybe Glenn Beck gets it for them.:rolleyes:

But my best guess though on this picture. It's a hot day and the carrot orange spray tan Boner uses is running off.:D

In fact that's my new slogan...

Republicans acting like they give a sh!t about healthcare is as fake as John Boners tan.

Back