Monotheistic religions: What do they Mean?

Werbung:
The creation proves there is a creator.
In that case, then the Creator also had to have a creator. Who created God?

There are two possibilities: there was always an amount of energy, matter and unknown stuff, and after billions of years it organized itself into the universe we have today.

-OR-

There was nothing at all in the beginning, except the Biblical character called "God". and one fine day he got bored and created the universe out of nothing.

You cannot logically have an uncreated creator.

You cannot logically have an uncreated creator.
True.

The ancients, in better days, set a mysterious and unknowable or fathomable entity God, --- up at the top of their societies demographic pyramid, followed by a King and a shaman of sorts at the next level, along with his well respected Temple Prostitutes.

Give to Caesar first, was the rule of law, said the religion.

Do you see the benefits of modeling a society on such thinking?

I do not see God as a problem. Putting a name on God is the problem.

I think the world agrees as it is moving to secular and Laisite thinking.

The firey hell thing is more Dante than gospel. Isn't it bad enough that you would exist in a world without love ?
The Dante Hell thing is straight out of the Book of Revelation. You should read it. Dante was simply describing what the Catholic Church believed about the End Times. Dante was no heretic.

Dante was no prophet of God and no Biblical scholor or teacher.
Dante Alighieri (Italian: [ˈdante aliˈɡjɛːri]; c. May 1265 – September 14, 1321), most likely baptized Durante di Alighiero degli Alighieri and often referred to as Dante , was an Italian poet, writer, and philosopher.

Dante's Inferno is based on the official philosophy of the Roman Catholic Church of his time, called Scholasticism, largely deveopled by St Thomas Aquinas. It was never identified as heretical.

I doubt that Mark knows anything at all about Dante or Thomas Aquinas. Fundies are generally offshoots of Baptists or Adventists.

Dante's Inferno is based on the official philosophy of the Roman Catholic Church of his time, called Scholasticism, largely deveopled by St Thomas Aquinas. It was never identified as heretical.

I doubt that Mark knows anything at all about Dante or Thomas Aquinas. Fundies are generally offshoots of Baptists or Adventists.
I trace the history of Christianity all the way back to Jesus Christ.

Werbung:
I trace the history of Christianity all the way back to Jesus Christ.
Nearly every part of Christian theology and philosophy begins with Paul, not Jesus. Jesus preached to Jews and told his disciples not to bother with preaching in Gentile towns. Jesus made a multitude of statements, some of them contradictory to others, but his goal was to purify Judaism, NOT to convert the entire planet.

Paul was the one that decided that Gentiles should be converted, as Jews were prone to feud among themselves (Sadducees vs Pharisees), and it was difficult to get them to accept the idea of a Trinity.

You oughta get one of those "red letter Bibles" in which everything Jesus says is printed in red, Mark. You don't know nearly as much about Christianity as you should.

You are happy to see the women and children of Gaza murdered and there homes destroyed by the Israelis. "Teach 'em a lesson", you say. That is NOT a Christian attitude.

Back