NBC refuses to air PETA Super Bowl ad

Popeye

I don't know whether NBC's refusal is because of the risque content or if they just feel PETA is too controversial...I have my suspicions. Anyway, here's the ad...

Werbung:
The only reason PETA makes ads like this is if they are shown then everyone remembers it, and if they are banned, then everyone goes and sees it anyway because it is then all over the news.

Oh PETA, you dirty little whore:

PETA's Dirty Secret 7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA By ConsumerFreedom.com Sunday, January 28, 2007

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group's overall goal as "total animal liberation." This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified "domestic terrorist" group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that "blowing stuff up and smashing windows" is "a great way to bring about animal liberation."

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: "Your Mommy Kills Animals!" PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel's audience: "Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be."

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs "died for their sins." PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that "even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it."

The only reason PETA makes ads like this is if they are shown then everyone remembers it, and if they are banned, then everyone goes and sees it anyway because it is then all over the news.

You are no doubt correct in that assumption. Whatever one may think of the organization, they are extremely savvy and know how to keep themselves in the limelight.

Oh PETA, you dirty little whore:

"The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition of restaurants, food companies, and consumers working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

"The growing cabal of "food cops," health care enforcers, militant activists, meddling bureaucrats, and violent radicals who think they know "what's best for you" are pushing against our basic freedoms. We're here to push back."

No bias there,huh? They're nothing but a front for the food industry.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/

I find it slightly ironic that PETA wants the world to go vegan, but has zero problem with subjecting women to exploitation.

Personally, I have little time for PETA, unless it is People Eating Tasty Animals.
When they want to ban salmon fishing in Alaska, my primary source of income, and food for my family, as well as get rid of dog mushing, and all forms of hunting. I say the best response is to ignore them. Not sure why PETA wont be aired during the big game, but I dont care because I would gladly dump a seasons worth of fish guts in the lobby of thier office. Its an idiotic notion they want humanity to move towards.
Ill take my salmon and steak please!

I am also no fan of PETA.

PETA began in this area, back in the 70s, harassing medical researchers who were using animals in medical experimentation. Yes, medical researchers sometimes treat aniamls poorly, but PETA beat the issue to death and completely over-reacted, including much violence and vandalism, so I began to consider them to be nothing more that violent fanatics.

I'm proud to call myself a tree-hugger, so if someone such as I feels this negative about PETA, I know a lot of Conservatives think even less of PETA than I do.

I find it slightly ironic that PETA wants the world to go vegan, but has zero problem with subjecting women to exploitation.

Personally, I have little time for PETA, unless it is People Eating Tasty Animals.
When they want to ban salmon fishing in Alaska, my primary source of income, and food for my family, as well as get rid of dog mushing, and all forms of hunting. I say the best response is to ignore them. Not sure why PETA wont be aired during the big game, but I dont care because I would gladly dump a seasons worth of fish guts in the lobby of thier office. Its an idiotic notion they want humanity to move towards.
Ill take my salmon and steak please!

Peta suffers from what many groups do, lots of people with some good ideas....but then as a group get into to many extream ideas that are bad as well. I love peta on some levals, working to stop animal abuse, dog fighting, puppy mills , but sometimes they go to far. As for fishing bans, well sometimes long term they are good, even if short term they hurt. Sometimes the levals just get to low that fishing them hurts those who fish them, where as a few years of limited fishing can make a huge impact on overall populations to keep if a viable fishing area for long term. but that is a case by case issue often.

as for the ad, its not much worse then alot of ads on tv, but I think its not realy a good family ad for something so many will be watching...kids need more good family beer ads ....:)

You are no doubt correct in that assumption. Whatever one may think of the organization, they are extremely savvy and know how to keep themselves in the limelight.
....Much like Half-Time shows. (See: Janet Jackson)

I'm thinkin'.....program the Super Bowl towards those that watch the NFL; all year long!!

Those that decided The Bowl is (one more) family-event, are the same types who invented Mother's Day (as one-more marketing-event. :rolleyes: )

When it comes to The Super Bowl...and Half-Time....let it ALL FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TESTOSTERONE (the bane of "conservative"-males) is A GOOD THING!!!

;)

Werbung:
Back