1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

NBC refuses to air PETA Super Bowl ad

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

I don't know whether NBC's refusal is because of the risque content or if they just feel PETA is too controversial...I have my suspicions. Anyway, here's the ad...

2. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

hubba.........................

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

The only reason PETA makes ads like this is if they are shown then everyone remembers it, and if they are banned, then everyone goes and sees it anyway because it is then all over the news.

4. HankHill

HankHill New Member

Oh PETA, you dirty little whore:

5. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

You are no doubt correct in that assumption. Whatever one may think of the organization, they are extremely savvy and know how to keep themselves in the limelight.

"The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition of restaurants, food companies, and consumers working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

"The growing cabal of "food cops," health care enforcers, militant activists, meddling bureaucrats, and violent radicals who think they know "what's best for you" are pushing against our basic freedoms. We're here to push back."

No bias there,huh? They're nothing but a front for the food industry.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/

6. Bunz

Bunz New Member

I find it slightly ironic that PETA wants the world to go vegan, but has zero problem with subjecting women to exploitation.

Personally, I have little time for PETA, unless it is People Eating Tasty Animals.
    When they want to ban salmon fishing in Alaska, my primary source of income, and food for my family, as well as get rid of dog mushing, and all forms of hunting. I say the best response is to ignore them. Not sure why PETA wont be aired during the big game, but I dont care because I would gladly dump a seasons worth of fish guts in the lobby of thier office. Its an idiotic notion they want humanity to move towards.
    Ill take my salmon and steak please!

7. samsara15

samsara15 Member

I am also no fan of PETA.

PETA began in this area, back in the 70s, harassing medical researchers who were using animals in medical experimentation. Yes, medical researchers sometimes treat aniamls poorly, but PETA beat the issue to death and completely over-reacted, including much violence and vandalism, so I began to consider them to be nothing more that violent fanatics.

I'm proud to call myself a tree-hugger, so if someone such as I feels this negative about PETA, I know a lot of Conservatives think even less of PETA than I do.

8. HankHill

HankHill New Member

Hehe, watch the scrolling flash scene at the top of their site, you'll see me there.

9. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    Peta suffers from what many groups do, lots of people with some good ideas....but then as a group get into to many extream ideas that are bad as well. I love peta on some levals, working to stop animal abuse, dog fighting, puppy mills , but sometimes they go to far. As for fishing bans, well sometimes long term they are good, even if short term they hurt. Sometimes the levals just get to low that fishing them hurts those who fish them, where as a few years of limited fishing can make a huge impact on overall populations to keep if a viable fishing area for long term. but that is a case by case issue often.

as for the ad, its not much worse then alot of ads on tv, but I think its not realy a good family ad for something so many will be watching...kids need more good family beer ads ....:)

10. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

....Much like Half-Time shows. (See: Janet Jackson)

I'm thinkin'.....program the Super Bowl towards those that watch the NFL; all year long!!

Those that decided The Bowl is (one more) family-event, are the same types who invented Mother's Day (as one-more marketing-event. :rolleyes: )

When it comes to The Super Bowl...and Half-Time....let it ALL FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TESTOSTERONE (the bane of "conservative"-males) is A GOOD THING!!!

;)

11. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I agree , though Springsteen was a good choice for halftime for the football crowd I think...even if he did suck performing...poorly lip synced