Not guilty by reason of insanity

dogtowner

Staff member
No link i just saw this headline go across the local news and it got me wondering why that makes any sense.

Is the victim any less injured ?
No.

If the evidence is conclusively, what difference does it make ?

And if they are guilty and insane no one could be surprized if it happens again.

Is that rabid raccoon any less at fault because hes rabid ? Do we not put it down knowing its a danger ?

I suppose it limits liability for whoever might have deep pockets and had some control over the actions of the insane party.

But letting them walk makes no sense.

Werbung:
Here in Europe if you make a severe crime and are found insane you go behind bars for ever, but instead of a normal prison you will disappear in a mental clinic.
I can only assume that the US is no different.

Here in Europe if you make a severe crime and are found insane you go behind bars for ever, but instead of a normal prison you will disappear in a mental clinic.
I can only assume that the US is no different.
Yes latgely the same except they can be declared cured and released. Sometimes cured just means the facilities were full.
Thats why I question considering them not guilty. It removes the criminal justice in my opinion.
It doesnt get used often because its difficukt to prove.

Werbung:
Yes latgely the same except they can be declared cured and released. Sometimes cured just means the facilities were full.
Thats why I question considering them not guilty. It removes the criminal justice in my opinion.
It doesn't get used often because its difficukt to prove.
Criminals Are Enemies of the Human Race, and So Are Those Who Make Excuses for Them

Insanity should be judged only when the criminal can't cope with reality to the point he wouldn't know how to kill. In other words, it should never be used. If he is competent enough to understand how to commit a crime, he is competent enough to be punished as much as any other criminal. We have to change the system so that those who pimp for perps never again have the power to do so.

Back