Obama: 80% of americans want higher taxes

Dude111

Ya right!!

My guess is roughly 80% of all Americans would much prefer LOWER TAXES then higher taxes.

Wanna make a bet?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ic-sold-on-tax-increases-in-debt-ceiling-deal

Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal

By Sam Youngman and Alicia M. Cohn - 07/15/11 11:54 AM ET

President Obama on Friday kept up the pressure on Republicans to agree to revenue increases in a deal to raise the debt ceiling, claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

"The American people are sold," Obama said. "The problem is members of Congress are dug in ideologically." [more]

Werbung:
Ya right!!

My guess is roughly 80% of all Americans would much prefer LOWER TAXES then higher taxes.

Wanna make a bet?
You are misreading the meaning of higher taxes.
Your guess would be correct if the 80% Americans are referring to their own taxes. I am in that 80%. However I am also in the 80% that want higher taxes in the sense of what Obama means. I want the tax loopholes closed and the wealthier to pay more, and that would not increase my taxes.

Ya right!!

Wanna make a bet?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ic-sold-on-tax-increases-in-debt-ceiling-deal

Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal

By Sam Youngman and Alicia M. Cohn - 07/15/11 11:54 AM ET

President Obama on Friday kept up the pressure on Republicans to agree to revenue increases in a deal to raise the debt ceiling, claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

"The American people are sold," Obama said. "The problem is members of Congress are dug in ideologically." [more]

The article doesn't say what you think it says. 80% of Americans want shared sacrifice. Everyone should kick in something, including the rich. There is no reason for the rich to get a free ride. None.

Has Obama identified which poll(s) he got this figure from?

Has any Democrat?

Has anyone seen such a poll that gives this result, or anything even close?

I can believe that 80% of the people want higher taxes....

...for someone else.

I wonder what percent realize that tax increases are going to be a necessary part of any deficit reduction plan that actually works, and that the "other guy" isn't going to pay them all?

I do not want higher taxes on ANYONE. I want lower taxes on everyone.

Why would anyone want higher taxes on someone else? Do you think those higher taxes benefit you? They DO NOT. They HURT YOU and they hurt the economy.

Shared sacrifice is s bullsh*t term used by foolish leftist politicians to fool some of the people. Why should I sacrifice because dumbass progressive politicians have spent more of the people's money, which they have confiscated at the point of gun, then they have?

I can believe that 80% of the people want higher taxes....

...for someone else.

I wonder what percent realize that tax increases are going to be a necessary part of any deficit reduction plan that actually works, and that the "other guy" isn't going to pay them all?

Actually, it would make a lot more sense if 98 % of Americans wanted higher taxes on the 2% wealthiest!

Anything else just demonstrate that people do not understand what has happened with the Bush tax cuts:

The middle class and even upper middle class have seen their income shrink, while the top 2% has seen their wealth increase.

In the mean time, our economy went down the drain, and our deficit went through the roof.

Now, who should pay more? Those who have been losing ground for the last 10 years, or those who have become even wealthier?

For just one moment, stop thinking "politics." Just think "logic!"

Has Obama identified which poll(s) he got this figure from?

Has any Democrat?

Has anyone seen such a poll that gives this result, or anything even close?

Actually, every poll has (including Rasmussen, Gallup, and everything else) have shown that a majority of American (in all parties) believe tax increase for the wealthiest 2% should be part of the drive to reduce the deficit.

I am certain that you are smart enough to go to all those polls by yourself. But if needed, I'll give you the links.

By the way, it is true that a greater percentage of Democrats support tax increase but, even with Rasmussen polls, it shows that a majority of Republicans also believe tax increases are needed!

Now, if you ONLY listen to Fox News. . .you may have a different picture from "lala" land!

You are misreading the meaning of higher taxes.
Your guess would be correct if the 80% Americans are referring to their own taxes. I am in that 80%. However I am also in the 80% that want higher taxes in the sense of what Obama means. I want the tax loopholes closed and the wealthier to pay more, and that would not increase my taxes.

Exactly!

I agree with Obama. I want the "rich" to pay MORE and MORE and MORE taxes. Tax them at 90% of their net income. Let them keep 10%. That will certainly finish the job that Obama started............turning this country into one massive welfare entitlement "paradise".

Those rich bastards have NO RIGHT to be successful. It makes the losers and slugs in our society feel really bad about themselves. It's all about EQUALITY and CHARITY for all.

I agree with Obama. I want the "rich" to pay MORE and MORE and MORE taxes. Tax them at 90% of their net income. Let them keep 10%. That will certainly finish the job that Obama started............turning this country into one massive welfare entitlement "paradise".

Those rich bastards have NO RIGHT to be successful. It makes the losers and slugs in our society feel really bad about themselves. It's all about EQUALITY and CHARITY for all.

If you believe that your rant is what Obama believes then you really do need to seek truth.

Werbung:
Nope,,,Theyre saying Tax the Wealthy!
Yeah....sure, Skippy....that's what The Conversation is....

handjob.gif

Back