Obama arrives in Afghanistan

Popeye

First Obama stopped off in Kuwait where he played a little basketball. Notice Chuck Hagel is along on this trip, he is supposedly still being considered as a possible VP choice.

Scenes from Obama in Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama arrived in Afghanistan on Saturday, met with American forces and, according to a U.S. official, is expected to meet Sunday with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
Sen. Barack Obama attends a meeting in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, on Saturday.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee was visiting the southern Asian nation before he embarks on a tour of the Middle East and Europe, a trip aimed at boosting his foreign policy credentials.

The trip, which comes four months ahead of the presidential election, marks Obama's first visit to Afghanistan.

On Saturday, the senator from Illinois traveled to eastern Afghanistan to visit Americans forces under NATO's Regional Command East. Obama is accompanied by Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Nebraska and Sen. Jack Reed, D-Rhode Island.

The senators met service members at Jalalabad airfield in Nangarhar province. The governor of Nangarhar province, Gul Agha Shirzai -- formerly the governor of Kandahar province -- also met the senators at the air base. Shirzai and Obama embraced briefly at the end of the meeting.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/19/obama.afghanistan/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Werbung:
Do you think anyone needs to be informed of a non-event? The Obama worshippers in the lib media are already over-covering this PR stunt.

Do you think anyone needs to be informed of a non-event? The Obama worshippers in the lib media are already over-covering this PR stunt.

Hey don't worry, I'm sure Faux News will be covering McCain as he speaks at an old folks home or American Legion hall.

The media is tagging along on Obama's trip because they perceive him to be the next POTUS, smart move on their part.

Hey don't worry, I'm sure Faux News will be covering McCain as he speaks at an old folks home or American Legion hall.

As opposed to the next Obama Koolaid Koncert for fainting 13 year olds. :p

The media is tagging along on Obama's trip because they perceive him to be the next POTUS, smart move on their part.

No, the lib media is tagging along because they CREATED, obama - the guy is essentially a living media event, who is as empty and fake as the libs who created him - AND as this phony photo-op trip.

I believe you are correct. Obama will be the next president, thank God! Anything is better than the current president.

BTW, I love the way this pisses off people like Libsmasher! :)

I believe you are correct. Obama will be the next president, thank God! Anything is better than the current president.

BTW, I love the way this pisses off people like Libsmasher! :)

You are not only extremely well informed but also a keen observer of human nature.;)

P.S The troops not only loved getting to meet Senator Obama but said the Senator being able to shoot hoops with them was infinitely better than the "pull my finger gag" John McCain initiated on his visit.:D

see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuAN_5Xr7U

You are not only extremely well informed but also a keen observer of human nature.[/COLOR]

Both of you are dimwits. :D

[COLOR=][]P.S The troops not only loved getting to meet Senator Obama but said the Senator being able to shoot hoops with them was infinitely better than the "pull my finger gag" John McCain initiated on his visit.[]:D[/COLOR]

Uuuuuuuuu - another "qualification" for Obama. :D What I saw on the lib media was he was surrounded by BLACK soldiers. Garsh - real impressive. :p

No, the lib media is tagging along because they CREATED, obama - the guy is essentially a living media event, who is as empty and fake as the libs who created him - AND as this phony photo-op trip.

I agree that Obama is a media creation. Saw a poll result about a month before Obama clinched the nomination. Positive media mention of Obama=62% of all mentions of obama. McCain=49%, Hillary=0.00%

It wasn't so much that they want Obama. They just had a tremendous vested interest in knocking Hillary out of the race.

I agree that Obama is a media creation. Saw a poll result about a month before Obama clinched the nomination. Positive media mention of Obama=62% of all mentions of obama. McCain=49%, Hillary=0.00%

It wasn't so much that they want Obama. They just had a tremendous vested interest in knocking Hillary out of the race.

You want to give us a link to that rather dubious claim?

As a squaddie it was always nice when politicans came to town as the quality of the food went up for a day or two....

I guess he needs the picture of himself with the massed ranks of soldiers smiling behind him...... that one always goes down well with the punters makes them look like Caesar!! Next stop is the picture with himself and Nelson Mandela that's the one that goes on the desk and faces those sitting in front....that one adds Gravitas. He'd better get the Mandela one done soon though before Mandela dies or starts drooling.....bit embarrasing have Mandelas' drool on your jacket I would imagine!

As a squaddie it was always nice when politicans came to town as the quality of the food went up for a day or two....

I guess he needs the picture of himself with the massed ranks of soldiers smiling behind him...... that one always goes down well with the punters makes them look like Caesar!! Next stop is the picture with himself and Nelson Mandela that's the one that goes on the desk and faces those sitting in front....that one adds Gravitas. He'd better get the Mandela one done soon though before Mandela dies or starts drooling.....bit embarrasing have Mandelas' drool on your jacket I would imagine!

he should fly a plane and land it and say the war is over......

Note to Libsmasher: Your sheet is cleaned and pressed and ready for pick up.

Of course it comes as no surprise that when anyone takes the time to look at the clip they see...

that although there were a couple of Black soldiers that were asked a question by the media, when looking at the soldiers running up to get their picture taken with Senator Obama or clapping and cheering when he entered the room... it was a large & totally mixed, majority White crowd of United States soldiers.

I just continue to be amazed by those that always try to divide good Americans... even United States soldiers... by race.

I guess it is a sheet mentality with some even in 2008... pretty darn weak & sad.

I'm proud of our guys & gals over there! They responded well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuAN_5Xr7U

Werbung:
You want to give us a link to that rather dubious claim?

I surf a lot. I don't gather evidence or build cases. I try to observe.

The poll results startled me. It got me to observing the news broadcasts with a more critical eye.

Of course it was alway evident on Fox. It disturbed me a bit when I saw it was happening on all the news outlets. Even the stories that seemed initially to show Hillary in a positive light, always ended with some kind of subtle slam. It wasn't an occasional thing, it was an every time thing. Fox was blatant and easily dismissed. The subtilty with which it was done on the other media outlets put my guard down until the poll caused me to look more closely.

By the way, it's still happening. Hillary isn't in the news as much lately, but when she is, the networks always manage to get in that subtle slam.

Eyes and ears are not enough, it takes a heart and mind to know the truth.

Back