1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama arrives in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

First Obama stopped off in Kuwait where he played a little basketball. Notice Chuck Hagel is along on this trip, he is supposedly still being considered as a possible VP choice.

Scenes from Obama in Afghanistan

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/19/obama.afghanistan/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

2. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Do you think anyone needs to be informed of a non-event? The Obama worshippers in the lib media are already over-covering this PR stunt.

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Hey don't worry, I'm sure Faux News will be covering McCain as he speaks at an old folks home or American Legion hall.

The media is tagging along on Obama's trip because they perceive him to be the next POTUS, smart move on their part.

4. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

As opposed to the next Obama Koolaid Koncert for fainting 13 year olds. :p

No, the lib media is tagging along because they CREATED, obama - the guy is essentially a living media event, who is as empty and fake as the libs who created him - AND as this phony photo-op trip.

5. dragonfly5

dragonfly5 Member

I believe you are correct. Obama will be the next president, thank God! Anything is better than the current president.

BTW, I love the way this pisses off people like Libsmasher! :)

6. top gun

top gun New Member

You are not only extremely well informed but also a keen observer of human nature.;)

P.S The troops not only loved getting to meet Senator Obama but said the Senator being able to shoot hoops with them was infinitely better than the "pull my finger gag" John McCain initiated on his visit.:D

see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuAN_5Xr7U

7. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Both of you are dimwits. :D

Uuuuuuuuu - another "qualification" for Obama. :D What I saw on the lib media was he was surrounded by BLACK soldiers. Garsh - real impressive. :p

8. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Note to Libsmasher: Your sheet is cleaned and pressed and ready for pick up.

9. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

I agree that Obama is a media creation. Saw a poll result about a month before Obama clinched the nomination. Positive media mention of Obama=62% of all mentions of obama. McCain=49%, Hillary=0.00%

It wasn't so much that they want Obama. They just had a tremendous vested interest in knocking Hillary out of the race.

10. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

You want to give us a link to that rather dubious claim?

11. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

The appeaser plays the race card early in the thread. :D The white sheet for you is a surrender flag.

12. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

As a squaddie it was always nice when politicans came to town as the quality of the food went up for a day or two....

I guess he needs the picture of himself with the massed ranks of soldiers smiling behind him...... that one always goes down well with the punters makes them look like Caesar!! Next stop is the picture with himself and Nelson Mandela that's the one that goes on the desk and faces those sitting in front....that one adds Gravitas. He'd better get the Mandela one done soon though before Mandela dies or starts drooling.....bit embarrasing have Mandelas' drool on your jacket I would imagine!

13. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again

he should fly a plane and land it and say the war is over......

14. top gun

top gun New Member

Of course it comes as no surprise that when anyone takes the time to look at the clip they see...

that although there were a couple of Black soldiers that were asked a question by the media, when looking at the soldiers running up to get their picture taken with Senator Obama or clapping and cheering when he entered the room... it was a large & totally mixed, majority White crowd of United States soldiers.

I just continue to be amazed by those that always try to divide good Americans... even United States soldiers... by race.

I guess it is a sheet mentality with some even in 2008... pretty darn weak & sad.

I'm proud of our guys & gals over there! They responded well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuAN_5Xr7U

15. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

I surf a lot. I don't gather evidence or build cases. I try to observe.

The poll results startled me. It got me to observing the news broadcasts with a more critical eye.

Of course it was alway evident on Fox. It disturbed me a bit when I saw it was happening on all the news outlets. Even the stories that seemed initially to show Hillary in a positive light, always ended with some kind of subtle slam. It wasn't an occasional thing, it was an every time thing. Fox was blatant and easily dismissed. The subtilty with which it was done on the other media outlets put my guard down until the poll caused me to look more closely.

By the way, it's still happening. Hillary isn't in the news as much lately, but when she is, the networks always manage to get in that subtle slam.

Eyes and ears are not enough, it takes a heart and mind to know the truth.