Obamaconomy!!!

Of course not. Clinton caused the problems. So we've been told.
No doubt.....over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over......

420242.65560.jpg

:rolleyes:

October 4, 1999

"The GOP wanted to counter the President's gambit of refusing to accept big tax cuts until Congress agreed to "save Social Security first." So they thought they would do him one better in '99. They would not only cut taxes by nearly $1 trillion but they would also put all Social Security surpluses in a lockbox, where it would be protected from spendthrift Democrats. If Clinton tried to spend more, the GOP would blast him as the one jeopardizing Social Security.

It sounded like a great idea. But, then, so did the movie Ishtar.

First, the tax cut bombed. Even much of the business community panned it. And most taxpayers decided they really would rather pay down the federal debt than get a tax cut. With barely a whimper, the GOP threw in the towel."​

Werbung:
No, they all did it, both parties, all of Congress and all presidents. And way, way, WAY too many of YOU, the nation that would rather go into debt than live within your means.
Lemme guess.....that's what "They say....", right?

:rolleyes:

AUGUST 9, 1999

"Suddenly, it seems everyone in Washington is singing the virtues of retiring the national debt. For two decades, as deficits mounted, it was a nonissue. But the prospect of surpluses has economists and policymakers thinking the unthinkable: erasing the $3.8 trillion pile of federal IOUs held by the public.

Bill Clinton would buy down the debt over 15 years, and even has the blessing of Alan Greenspan. On July 22, the Federal Reserve chairman told the House Banking Committee that cutting the federal debt ''is an extraordinarily effective force for good in this economy.'' On the same day, House Republicans joined in."​

Of course not. Clinton caused the problems. So we've been told. The buck always stops with Clinton. Clinton seems to have been the only President in the last thrity years who actually DID something. If Clinton was so effective, and he must have been, based on what you Conservatives tell us, then we should have changed the Constitution to keep him in office for the rest of his life.

No it doesn't. I completely blame Bush for passing the original bailout. I always have. I always will. Unlike lib-tards, I do not assume the person I voted for is perfect and clean as the wind driven snow.

However, if you actually want to THINK, and research the topic at hand, specifically as it relates to the economy, there is evidence that needs considered.

For example, the primary cause of the housing crash, was due to sub-prime loans. Sub-prime loans for dozens of years, were generally avoided until the late 90s when they skyrocketed. When you look back at the regulations, the prime mover of Sub-prime loans was a change in the Community Reinvestment Act, that promoted sub-prime loans in the name of equality.

That forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to accept sub-prime loan mortgage backed securities. This legitimized the market in the private sector, AND it allowed groups like Acorn to sue mortgage lenders if they didn't offer sub-prime loans.

The rest, of course, is history. Now given I'm making my views on who is to blame, based on facts, evidence, and records... do tell, based on what exactly, do you claim it's all Bush's fault? Let me guess, a 5th grade level, "he was president at the time" theory? The logical fallacy of "correlation doesn't equal causation"?

Typically, elementary school logic is what most liberal views are based on.

The current US unemployment rate is > 10% if you
count the illegals and others off the grid.
Obama will drive it higher.

It's gonna get ugly in the US.

Since the days of Clinton, they've been posting U-3 numbers to make us feel better. In the old days, U-6 was the number generally quoted. U-6 is a lot worse. If you want to compare today's unemployment to the numbers often quoted for the Depression, you need to use U-6.

Werbung:
Back