1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama's experience put into perspective

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Stormy, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Stormy

Stormy New Member

Let me be clear- I do NOT support John McCain for President.

That being said, I see a thread here denigrating McCain's experience. McCain (a democrat wearing an elephant suit) has, IMO, supported some of the worst legislation and policy in my life-time. However, McCain, unlike Obama, has much experience.

Let's put Obama's experience into perspective:

McCain spent more time as a prisoner of war, than Obama has spent as a U.S. Senator.
    When McCain was offered the opportunity to leave, he stayed behind with his men - unlike Obama who throws his men under the bus when they get in his way.

Think about that.

http://conservativepolitics.today.com/2008/06/18/obamas-experience-put-into-perspective/

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    lets put this in perspective again

What does being a POW do to help you be a good President?

Bush had been only a Governor and had no expericance at all overseas or in security.

Clinton was a Gov as well, same thing

Ronny was a Actor then a Gov, no military or Foreign policy at all

Only Bush I had any going in.

That said while I respect McCain's experience , fact is I still believe he is wrong on some key issues. Obama was correct about the war, McCain was only correct about the Surge, that I supported myself. Obama would have kept us out in the first place , a position I would much rather be in.

And during that time Obama did actually do some work on important security issues like securing Nukes