1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Updated McCain flip flop list

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Yep here they are, all 61 documented McCain flip flops. It's going to take 2 posts but I wouldn't want to leave anything from the old "Songbird" out. How can anyone with a straight face even suggest this man has an ounce of integrity? BTW, if you question any of these flip flops just go to the link, further clarification is available on an individual flip flop basis.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/16124.html#more-16124

2. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Continued:
    http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/16124.html#more-16124

3. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

Do you ever read any news "source" that ISN'T a Libtard propaganda factory?

BTW, since you obviously didn't know it, Steve Benen is an IDIOT.

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Yep, right here http://houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3980#1

BTW, the flip flops are documented.

5. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    are you saying they are not true? attacking the source does not show that anything posted was not correct. I just off the bad the Wiretap issue is one I could take issue with, as anyone who has paid any attention knows that the Bill Signed....was not the same Bill that was First put out, as both sides made Compromises...there is nothing wrong with being against a bill and then supporting it later when it is changed to address your issues... thats not a Flip Flop, its called doing your job....I said the same for Obama on this issue...But I will state I still dont agree with the law. And I hold them to account for that, but not for fliping there vote...when the fact is what they where voting for changed.

Changing your mind is not always a bad thing,

As a wise man said when attacked by a Reporter for changing his mind on a issue once said.

"When new information and facts are given to me that show I was wrong, I change my view....what do you do sir?" Ok thats not word for word but close.

that said McCain of 2000 is hard to see in the McCain of 2008, and that makes me a bit sad, as I realy liked McCain 2000...2008 is lossing some luster for me.

6. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

This type of rhetoric is yet another example of the selective editing and reporting style that Libtards like Poopeye love to bandy about as if it meant something. Remember his VERY carefully edited attack video from a few days ago? Same shi(r)t, different day. Stirring headlines and no substance or context. It's all over Moron.org and The Huffingbiotch Post*, and the only people who believe anything from either of those sources is a prime candidate for an all expenses paid permanent vacation in a padded room and a custom fit 'special' white jacket with extra long sleeves!

No argument there. Frankly, I've NEVER been much of a McCain supporter, I always thought he was just a bit too good at working with the "other side of the aisle" for his own good, and compromising where there was no need, or logical reason to do so, but since he's the "last man standing" on the GOP side, and the DNC's heir apparent is wholly unqualified for the position, it's not like I have much choice.

* What's really funny is that I can remember when Huffingbiotch claimed to be a Conservative! Isn't it amazing how females are Liberals when they're young and on their own, and Conservative when they're married (at least when they're married TO a Conservative), and right back to being a Liberal when they get kicked to the curb for being a raving Biotch? A primary argument for the repeal of the 17th Amendment if ever there was one, but that's a rant for another time.

7. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    You can not agree with the source but McCain has seemed to changed views alot, and on at least a large amount of those listed, I would not be able to say there was anything wrong about what was stated. And Do you know how many 1000 posts just like that I had to see about Kerry?

Just because you don't like the source, does not mean its not true. Like I have to say every now and then...some things are true even when Bush Believes them ( its not that often ....:) )

And I was more Conservative, and am now more Liberal now that i am older ( though a bit more Moderate then for a bit.) does that have anything to do with my Gender or married status? no..

8. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

OK let's assume that the first one of those flip flops is representative of them all. Let's analyze the first one and see if it holds any water.

1. McCain thought Bush’s warrantless-wiretap program circumvented the law; now he believes the opposite.

This is how the source details that:

Well firstly I had a hard time finding any quote on the site that supported the idea that McCain first was for the president breaking any law. They did post many quotes where he said the pres. should not break the law.

Since they did such a poor job of documenting their case we will have to presume what they meant and do their job for them.

Ok first the flop:

The site quotes M several times in saying that the Pres should not have the power to surveil Americans on American soil and that the pres should obey the law.

Now the flip:

They tried to quote but didn't post any qood quotes of M saying that the Pres should be allowed to surveil Americans. Instead what they demonstrated is that the wire-tapps that were being discussed were all off of American soil and were considered to be legal by M.

"Asked specifically if the president has the authority to sidestep the law and conduct surveillance on American soil without a warrant, McCain said, “There are some areas where the statutes don’t apply, such as in the surveillance of overseas communications. Where they do apply, however, I think that presidents have the obligation to obey and enforce laws that are passed by Congress and signed into law by the president, no matter what the situation is.”

They posted no good quotes. You really have to look at it for yourself. M consistently says that the Pres was lawful and that he needs to follow the law. M makes the distinction between actions off of US soil and actions on US soil, while apparently for the creator of the website that distinction is completely lost.

The closest M comes to being inconsistent is when he says unlike the current occupant of the Oval Office, [he] felt compelled to follow the law when protecting U.S. national security. The implication is that the president may have tapped lines of Americans on American soil. But since the pres never did that and M never says he did that, this must have been a theoretical complaint.

I bet the rest on the list are all as shoddy.