1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Political Blogs

Discussion in 'House of Politics Lounge' started by tater03, Feb 2, 2007.

1. tater03

tater03 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone ever reads the political blogs? I have a few that I enjoy reading. I like to read both aspects of the way people think. Some of the are Republican and some are Democrats. When you read an acutal persons blog I am sometimes amazed on how they really do have a lot of the same values and ideas in the end.

2. mtatum4496

mtatum4496 New Member

I do read some political blogs, more to do with state and local politics that national. I do find it helpful, as on more than one occasion I have found persons who hold views very different from mine making some points in a very articulate manner. It helps me to understand the other point of view better and sometimes challenges me to rethink some of my own opinions.

3. tater03

tater03 New Member

You know I never thought about looking for some that orginate from my state. That would be great to read some about the politics and what people are thinking about in the state I reside in.

4. dong

dong New Member

As a blogger myself, I generally avoid political blogs, though I suspect I would be pleasantly surprised if I look carefully enough.

The same applies to philosophy, less so for scientific blogs...my information intake is usually filtered by like-minded friends.

5. framed

framed New Member

One of my new favorites is newsvine. I'm not sure it qualifies as a blog, but it has alot of the characteristics, and a wide enough base of users that you'll have fun discussing just about any topic.

6. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I honestly haven't really looked at any political blogs, but I attribute it to the fact that I don't look at too many blogs in general.

7. mamab

mamab New Member

I haven't looked into any political blogs yet. I might as the presidential race heats up, but at this point, I have other things I'm interested in researching. I'm selective about the blogs I read, and there aren't many, so I don't even know if I'd read any political ones.

8. mtatum4496

mtatum4496 New Member

Part of my motivation is that I live in the capital city of my state, and so of course there is always talk about what is going on in the house and senate, wht department is getting a perk, which one is getting funding cut, etc, how this bill will affect this part of the population, etc.

9. tater03

tater03 New Member

You know I enjoy blogs in general. I don't read all that many some political ones and I also like the ones from people who live in other countries or travel blogs. I have actually learned a lot about different cultures reading them.