POTUS assassinates US citizens

Dr.Who

So recently I have read a few articles about how the POTUS has assassinated U.S. citizens.

Upon reading the headlines I was in disbelief. Upon reading the articles I was in shock.

Upon reading details and history I wondered how I could have ever missed that the previous POTUS did something similar which no doubt set the stage for this when he imprisoned U.S. citizens without trial in clear contradiction to the Constitution.

Having debated this kind of think here for a while I just could not believe that I would have defended Bush when he did that. And I clearly remember people accusing him of that and I clearly remember each time I looked into it the facts of the case were that U.S. citizens were NOT in fact involved.

(I did not attach links because you all should be doing your own search and bringing to the table what you find.)

But the recent articles talked about US citizens and named them and gave dates and I read about it from multiple sources...

Was I biased? Upon doing a search of this site I found that there was a grand total of ONE entry introducing the case of Donald Vance on HOP. I never read that entry and never posted on that thread - I was completely unaware of it.

My suspicion is that at the time too few people cared to bring it up. Those on right we could understand would not want to sling mud at the president who was more like them. But whey did those on the left ignore this? Well one thing to consider is that today the president most like them is doing the same thing and worse.

So as a matter of public record it is wrong for a potus to assassinate a US citizen and this should be an impeachable offense. It is wrong for a potus to imprison a US citizen and this should be an impeachable offense. I would have said that then and I say it now. What I will change is my stance on what the potus does to protect or ignore the rights of people who are not citizens and who do not live here. Our founding documents affirm that rights come from God and they belong to all. As a country we need to respect the rights of everyone everywhere.

The assassination of US citizens is the most troubling presidential action in the history of our country that I am aware of.

Werbung:
gm11100720111007083934.jpg

Do you suffer these attacks of hysteria often?

Help is available.

I take it you do not mind either that US citizen Donald Vance was imprisoned without a trial and that US citizen Awlaki (sp?) was executed without a trial?

Even Bin Laden a non US citizen was given a trial in absentia before any attempts were made to capture or kill him.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.[1]"

Assuming the other countries soldiers were legally a part of that army it would not. Every soldier knows that they will be shot at and that it is not a violation of their rights.

Hmmm

so if an American opts to join an eneimy's army and some commander authorized return of fire and he is killled is this then OK evenn though he is guilty of treason ?

to be honest I'm not entirely against the OP in concept nor do I believe that this is the first instance though proof is difficult to obtain.

So recently I have read a few articles about how the POTUS has assassinated U.S. citizens.

Upon reading the headlines I was in disbelief. Upon reading the articles I was in shock.

Upon reading details and history I wondered how I could have ever missed that the previous POTUS did something similar which no doubt set the stage for this when he imprisoned U.S. citizens without trial in clear contradiction to the Constitution.

Having debated this kind of think here for a while I just could not believe that I would have defended Bush when he did that. And I clearly remember people accusing him of that and I clearly remember each time I looked into it the facts of the case were that U.S. citizens were NOT in fact involved.

(I did not attach links because you all should be doing your own search and bringing to the table what you find.)

But the recent articles talked about US citizens and named them and gave dates and I read about it from multiple sources...

Was I biased? Upon doing a search of this site I found that there was a grand total of ONE entry introducing the case of Donald Vance on HOP. I never read that entry and never posted on that thread - I was completely unaware of it.

My suspicion is that at the time too few people cared to bring it up. Those on right we could understand would not want to sling mud at the president who was more like them. But whey did those on the left ignore this? Well one thing to consider is that today the president most like them is doing the same thing and worse.

So as a matter of public record it is wrong for a potus to assassinate a US citizen and this should be an impeachable offense. It is wrong for a potus to imprison a US citizen and this should be an impeachable offense. I would have said that then and I say it now. What I will change is my stance on what the potus does to protect or ignore the rights of people who are not citizens and who do not live here. Our founding documents affirm that rights come from God and they belong to all. As a country we need to respect the rights of everyone everywhere.

The assassination of US citizens is the most troubling presidential action in the history of our country that I am aware of.

And what would you do then? if I happen to be in a lawless nation, and was born in the US..I am free to do as I please to attack the US? Your going to invade a nation just to get one guy and violate that nations sovereignty? Your going to just let him do what ever he wants? Or are you going to actually do something...And since when did you care about the rights of everyone everywhere? this seems new to me from you.

And this crap about its wrong to torture but its ok to kill...as Hypocrisy...I guess some people have zero understanding of war...In the battle you kill the other guy...However your not suppose to Shoot them when in a POW camp...its kinda been that way for a long time. He could have had a trial..all he would have had to do is turn himself in or even go to a nation that could arrest him. He went to war, and he died...If this is not the case, then all Iraq had to do was grab one American stick them where ever they wanted protection..and say if you bomb this size, you will be impeached for not giving this American a trail.

I am glad the dude is dead, but like all things commies do, it was done wrong and was without doubt, UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

No president should be allowed to murder an American citizen without first trying that citizen. Why did BO not have the guy tried in absentia, if found guilty, and then killed?

The Constitution prevents this action by BO. But, BO has breached the Constitution numerous times. And, I thought the Congress passed a law prohibiting assassination of world leaders.

Again, it is amazing the hypocrisy on the Left. If Bush did this, they would go berserk.

I am convinced if BO had Rush assassinated, some libs would commend it as a just and rightful action. CRAZY!!!

I am glad the dude is dead, but like all things commies do, it was done wrong and was without doubt, UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

No president should be allowed to murder an American citizen without first trying that citizen. Why did BO not have the guy tried in absentia, if found guilty, and then killed?

The Constitution prevents this action by BO. But, BO has breached the Constitution numerous times. And, I thought the Congress passed a law prohibiting assassination of world leaders.

Again, it is amazing the hypocrisy on the Left. If Bush did this, they would go berserk.

I am convinced if BO had Rush assassinated, some libs would commend it as a just and rightful action. CRAZY!!!

Bush assassinated a few thousands Americans. . .by sending them to a war under false pretext.

And. . .It's funny how some in the Right stated that 9/11 was in fact CLINTON's fault, for not capturing and/or killing Bin Laden when he "supposedly" had a chance!

Bush preferred to get key figures by sending hundreds of thousands of soldiers in arm's way, killing many more thousands citizens of a foreign country in the process, at the cost of trillions to our economy. . .and a deep recession. And still. . .he wasn't able to get Bin Laden or this American terrorist.

And now, you still manage to bash Obama for doing the job RIGHT?

Hypocrisy is a wonderous thing!

And what would you do then? if I happen to be in a lawless nation, and was born in the US..I am free to do as I please to attack the US? Your going to invade a nation just to get one guy and violate that nations sovereignty? Your going to just let him do what ever he wants? Or are you going to actually do something...And since when did you care about the rights of everyone everywhere? this seems new to me from you.

Should the US invade a nation to get one guy? We have done it several times in recent history and so far have received little flack for it. But I would prefer that we do not.

We should never just let them do what they want. We need to persue them and yes there will be obstacles - like him being in another country.

And yes my view that we need to respect the rights of those not in this country is new from me. I said so in the OP. I saw the argument advanced long time ago here and have been considering it for a long time. I do have the capacity to change my mind.

Bush assassinated a few thousands Americans. . .by sending them to a war under false pretext.

doesn't seem to fit the definition

An assassination is "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack, often for political reasons."[1][2] An additional definition is "the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons."

And. . .It's funny how some in the Right stated that 9/11 was in fact CLINTON's fault, for not capturing and/or killing Bin Laden when he "supposedly" had a chance!

Well if Clinton HAD taken possession of OBL when offered (this is not disputable) there is SOME chance that putting the rest together would not have happened. We can never know definitively.

During a February 2002 speech, Clinton explained that he turned down an offer from Sudan for bin Laden's extradition to the U.S., saying, "At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him."
But that wasn't exactly true. By 1996, the 9/11 mastermind had already been named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing by prosecutors in New York.

you should try learning more before you talk..Bush did the same thing...I never said a thing about it. name was Kamal Derwish...But odd now you seem to care...Who is the Hypocrite?

Also pretty sure World Leaders does not apply here...World Leaders are Presidents and PM's of Nations..not terror cell leaders waging war on the US>

Werbung:
Should the US invade a nation to get one guy? We have done it several times in recent history and so far have received little flack for it. But I would prefer that we do not.

We should never just let them do what they want. We need to persue them and yes there will be obstacles - like him being in another country.

And yes my view that we need to respect the rights of those not in this country is new from me. I said so in the OP. I saw the argument advanced long time ago here and have been considering it for a long time. I do have the capacity to change my mind.

It changed when a Dem did it....convenient.

By the way, should we now invade Pakistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, and the rest to get people for you?

Back