Republicans for Obama

Popeye

Not all Republicans are jerks. In a conference call with reporters today the formation of the group "Republicans for Obama" was announced. Three Republicans....former Rep. Jim Leach of Iowa, former Sen. Lincoln Chafee of RI, and former WH. intelligence adviser Rita Hauser spoke about the group and why they support Obama. The group plans to have a website up in a couple of days.

Leach:

"In my judgment there's a difference between realism and pseudo-realism The pseudo-realists believe that we can operate in the world alone, that expanding international law doesn't matter, that things like arms control are false starts."You try to work with allies, rather than without them, and that is the kind of realism that I think is common sense to the vast majority of the American people, and that's what Senator Obama is reflecting in so many of his speeches."

Chafee said that we “we’ve seen our credibility shattered” over the last eight years. Leach added, “The prospect that we’ll have more of the same....that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."

Hauser said that while it was hard to walk away from her party's nominee she had to "put country first."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/12/1261942.aspx

Werbung:
Not all republicans are jerks?

Do you mean if you are a republican you are not a jerk if you vote for obama, but if you dont then you are a jerk?

What are dems who do not want to vote for obama?

This is actually getting tiring .. Can't we keep from throwing useless names against whoever doesn't directly follow our same principles.

Can we find no common ground considering that no matter how you slice it.. we all bleed the same and all care what is happening in the world...

This isn't YT.. lets keep it a bit cleanier .. please ?!?!

Not all republicans are jerks?

Do you mean if you are a republican you are not a jerk if you vote for obama, but if you dont then you are a jerk?

What are dems who do not want to vote for obama?

I thought my statement was clear enough...not all Republicans are jerks. Meaning, in my mind, the majority are.

Democrats that vote for McCain are traitors and in my opinion are not real Democrats. Since you favor the dark side it is up to you as to what you consider these Pubs but IMO they are Republicans that have seen the light.

I thought my statement was clear enough...not all Republicans are jerks. Meaning, in my mind, the majority are.

Democrats that vote for McCain are traitors and in my opinion are not real Democrats. Since you favor the dark side it is up to you as to what you consider these Pubs but IMO they are Republicans that have seen the light.

I guess it wasnt clear for me but it is now. Interesting!

Not all Republicans are jerks. In a conference call with reporters today the formation of the group "Republicans for Obama" was announced. Three Republicans....former Rep. Jim Leach of Iowa, former Sen. Lincoln Chafee of RI, and former WH. intelligence adviser Rita Hauser spoke about the group and why they support Obama. The group plans to have a website up in a couple of days.

Leach:

"In my judgment there's a difference between realism and pseudo-realism The pseudo-realists believe that we can operate in the world alone, that expanding international law doesn't matter, that things like arms control are false starts."You try to work with allies, rather than without them, and that is the kind of realism that I think is common sense to the vast majority of the American people, and that's what Senator Obama is reflecting in so many of his speeches."

Chafee said that we “we’ve seen our credibility shattered” over the last eight years. Leach added, “The prospect that we’ll have more of the same....that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."

Hauser said that while it was hard to walk away from her party's nominee she had to "put country first."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/12/1261942.aspx

I know quite a few Republican personally that are voting for Senator Obama this time. Even my brother who always votes Republican says he'll either vote for Obama this time because he believes that McCain is going to continue along the Bush lines... or he's just not going to vote at all.

I know at work there are a bunch of guys that I would never expect to be voting for Democrats but it's true the old saying... people vote with their pocketbooks and the Bush economic pinch on the middle class working stiff is converting people as much as the quagmire in Iraq.

I have to say seeing all those work trucks with OBAMA 08 bumper stickers makes me smile!

I guess it wasnt clear for me but it is now. Interesting!

Psychological Projection:

psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defense mechanism in which one attributes one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions to others. Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted subconscious impulses/desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.

What is the Leftist view of the Right? Authoritarian; Marching in Lock step to the Party Line, Destroyers of Civil Liberties, Unconcerned for Constitutional Limits, Power Hungry, etc...

People who are intellectually honest recognize there are segments on both sides that fit the above stereotype. The rest just point fingers and pretend "their" party is the good one....

Psychological Projection:

What is the Leftist view of the Right? Authoritarian; Marching in Lock step to the Party Line, Destroyers of Civil Liberties, Unconcerned for Constitutional Limits, Power Hungry, etc...

People who are intellectually honest recognize there are segments on both sides that fit the above stereotype. The rest just point fingers and pretend "their" party is the good one....

I admit when I first read that I thought it was pretty crappy. What kind of place has America become if you are defined as something horrible if you don't agree to vote the way they say.

But then I got to thinking of my low opinion of (Liberal) Democrats. Not just normal democrats, I am fine with them.

I think of the Liberals as anti American. People who actually want our country to fail and will do what ever they have to do to make that happen. I view them as the most intolerant group out there; I really have nothing decent to say about them....

So after considering what I think of them, how can I really be upset with anything they think about others?

I admit when I first read that I thought it was pretty crappy. What kind of place has America become if you are defined as something horrible if you don't agree to vote the way they say.

But then I got to thinking of my low opinion of (Liberal) Democrats. Not just normal democrats, I am fine with them.

I think of the Liberals as anti American. People who actually want our country to fail and will do what ever they have to do to make that happen. I view them as the most intolerant group out there; I really have nothing decent to say about them....

So after considering what I think of them, how can I really be upset with anything they think about others?

What you and others of your ilk don't seem to understand is that Liberals aren't anti American but they don't wish to put blinders on either. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, something today's GOP seems to have forgotten.

What you and others of your ilk don't seem to understand is that Liberals aren't anti American but they don't wish to put blinders on either. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, something today's GOP seems to have forgotten.

Oh I wouldn’t think a person should have to be a republican or a certain kind of republican to not be anti American.

I know a whole lot of true blue democrats, some even that are going to vote for Obama that I consider very patriotic. But I honestly can’t say I have ever met, or read the words of a die hard liberal who had anything decent to say about America. And the only two groups of American people I have ever come across that are just flat not tolerant to others are the far far right and the far far left. Both bother me. The people in the middle do not always like what someone else says but they give them the freedom to say it.

Anyways my point in post was that I actually feel bad for first thinking your post was crap.... I have similar feelings as you do just about liberals rather than republicans.

I thought this was an Intresting quote...

Figured I would share it with you would be OBAMABOTS as I have so lovingly taken from Lib.

Behold the wonders of the Donkey-Elephant Janus.

With the recent FISA legislation passage, can ANYONE still maintain that there is some sort of meaningful difference between Obama (and any other Donkey) and Bush (or any other Elephant) where your and my civil rights are concerned?

If we have no civil rights, what good is all the "hope" and "change" promised by Obama? Surely his offered "hope" isn't one for "change" of the situation regarding our civil rights -- look at where he just voted IN FAVOR OF the continued fiasco known as FISA.

All of you out there -- please stop supporting the fantasy of Obama being an agent of change. Accept the fact that things are irreparably broken in the Federal Government leadership. Start thinking of how you'd like to see things changed. And then start working for that set of changes.

Barack Obama isn't the man for the change. Nor is John McCain. And it's very likely that NOBODY who is elected through the current process will be interested in mounting any sort of meaningful change. That's why the process must be seen as irreparably broken -- because that's what it is!

http://www.chris-floyd.com/content/view/1565/135/

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, something today's GOP seems to have forgotten.

You don't really believe that... You want all us "backward thinkers" to fall in line if Obama is president, "Unite for the good of the country" and all that PARTISAN nonsense.

Admit it already, dissent is only patriotic when there's a Republican in the White House. You've already called fellow Democrats who don't support Obama traitors, dissent against Obama is NOT tolerated by him or his supporters... I hope some people out there are not so blinded with Anti-Bush rage that you cannot see the Authoritarian nature of the hard Left.

You don't really believe that... You want all us "backward thinkers" to fall in line if Obama is president, "Unite for the good of the country" and all that PARTISAN nonsense.

Admit it already, dissent is only patriotic when there's a Republican in the White House. You've already called fellow Democrats who don't support Obama traitors, dissent against Obama is NOT tolerated by him or his supporters... I hope some people out there are not so blinded with Anti-Bush rage that you cannot see the Authoritarian nature of the hard Left.

I cant wait till I can be full of dissent. I have never really shown open hostility to the president and called it dissent, but if Obama gets elected I am all excited to show my dissent :)

Werbung:
I cant wait till I can be full of dissent. I have never really shown open hostility to the president and called it dissent, but if Obama gets elected I am all excited to show my dissent :)

You and me both! I'll be cheering on the Republicans for ANY obstructions they put in his path... I'm REALLY looking forward to the Obama-Hitler posters.

BFH_obamahitler.jpg

And of course "Obama Lied, People Died!" We can recycle ALL the garbage propaganda that the Left has used against Bush and throwing right back at the Left.

Back