Sarah Palin Book Sales are on Fire!

23.99 to 29.99 is the standard for any hardcover of that type new release. 20-30 percent off is the standard for if it is a top ten best seller. In my hears of selling books, never once had a political book like that, gone for anything even close to to under 10 bucks..Heck the paper backs of the good hardcovers still go for 15 bucks or so in the political section. at best maybe you would see one for 17.99 or so on sale. Like I said before, this is part of a price war with target, walmart and Amazon ,...some book stores have filed lawsuits against how far below cost they are selling them as unfair.

I remember reading one of your posts about the price wars. I always buy my books from Amazon and kind of laugh where it shows the real price. I would never pay that much for a book, NEVER!

The price wars would apply to Nancy Pelosi's book too and the Clintons books but they never even came close to even what Anne Coulter sells. Everything Glenn Beck writes goes to #1 too. Why are liberals not buying Pelosi and the clinton books?

Werbung:
29 bucks is far too much for a book, I usually pay about 9 or 10 dollars when I buy a book, I usually buy from Amazon.com though and not Wal-Mart.

but even if it were 5 dollars, who will buy a book just because its cheap unless they want to read it and are interested in it. Pelosi couldnt give her books away, I dont think Clintons book did well at all, even when they went dirt cheap.

I saw pelosi's book at the dollar store, I kid you not. I still didnt buy it, even for a buck.

Also I sold a lot of Bill Clinton book , just from my own experience....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2004-07-07-my-life-sales_x.htm

and I can tell you, I had alot more liberals looking for Conservative books then Conservatives looking for Liberal books...I got yelled at for being a liberal book store once...because at first I did not see the new Oliver North book on the shelf that I knew was there before....she yelled and screemed.....it was moved to WWII history one shelf over ( the book was a WWII book) but current events as had been listed. Of course that was after I helped her find Pro Bush books for her and told her not to get one she had in her hand and was going to buy ( it was anti Bush, and it was trashy and not well resurched or done anyway..even a liberal would hate it)...and somehow it was our fault there are was more books attacking Bush then for him.....people tend to write more books against people in politics then writting one saying they love one politician.

29 bucks is far too much for a book, I usually pay about 9 or 10 dollars when I buy a book, I usually buy from Amazon.com though and not Wal-Mart.

but even if it were 5 dollars, who will buy a book just because its cheap unless they want to read it and are interested in it. Pelosi couldnt give her books away, I dont think Clintons book did well at all, even when they went dirt cheap.

I saw pelosi's book at the dollar store, I kid you not. I still didnt buy it, even for a buck.

I wouldn't buy Palin's or Pelosi's books either...in fact, make that any politician of either party..it's all self serving crap

The majority of Palin's books are being bought in bulk by RW organizations who are giving them away free or for some token donation at some Republican gatherings or contests.

It's not like Mr. and Mrs Normal American is out there knocking down bookstore doors to get Going Rogue. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Also I sold a lot of Bill Clinton book , just from my own experience....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2004-07-07-my-life-sales_x.htm

and I can tell you, I had alot more liberals looking for Conservative books then Conservatives looking for Liberal books...I got yelled at for being a liberal book store once...because at first I did not see the new Oliver North book on the shelf that I knew was there before....she yelled and screemed.....it was moved to WWII history one shelf over ( the book was a WWII book) but current events as had been listed. Of course that was after I helped her find Pro Bush books for her and told her not to get one she had in her hand and was going to buy ( it was anti Bush, and it was trashy and not well resurched or done anyway..even a liberal would hate it)...and somehow it was our fault there are was more books attacking Bush then for him.....people tend to write more books against people in politics then writting one saying they love one politician.

I would agree libs read conservative books more than conservatives read lib books but not to the degree it will make a #1 best seller for weeks on end like Mark Lavins book. Other people who are not libs or conservatives are buying these books, people who dont apparently by lib books.

I wouldn't buy Palin's or Pelosi's books either...in fact, make that any politician of either party..it's all self serving crap

The majority of Palin's books are being bought in bulk by RW organizations who are giving them away free or for some token donation at some Republican gatherings or contests.

It's not like Mr. and Mrs Normal American is out there knocking down bookstore doors to get Going Rogue. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Im not suggesting anything, I am also not buying either book. I did buy Mark Lavins book though, and I liked it.

but.....

A really good book.... A really really really good book

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

The movie is coming out soon, but I would read the book first. Its a very good book and I only paid 9 dollars for it at Amazon.com :)

Still selling like hotcakes I hear.

The cream rises to the top they say!

Werbung:
Still selling like hotcakes I hear.

The cream rises to the top they say!

Not counting all of those 'PRE-ORDERS' from the likes of NEWSMAX.COM :eek: around here her books are selling 'LIKE HOTCAKES' so fast that they are all marked down 70% for such a 'GOOD DEAL' #1 top seller that book sure became a discounted item really fast...;) ROTFLMAO

Back