1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The Officially Pointless Thread

Discussion in 'House of Politics Lounge' started by vyo476, Mar 25, 2008.

1. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm royally sick of seeing threads on interesting topics devolve into idiotic personal attacks entirely without substance. It's been happening a lot lately, so I'm taking action.

I give you...the officially pointless thread.

Whenever your debates in the regular threads begin to turn into long strings of personal attacks and/or empty baiting, please exercise your better judgement and bring them on over here. If you don't, I'll start moving your conversations here - and locking the threads they came from if you persist.

Or we could skip all that and just start handing out bans, but I'd prefer not to decimate the population like that. So here we are.

Enjoy. Or not.

2. Izz

Izz New Member

Here's a pointless post for the pointless thread. Bewitched, you're nuts. Certifiably off your bigoted rocker. There. First personal attack.

3. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Thanks VYO,
    Ill take a second and express my dismay at Numinus, who in a single thread accussed me of lying about hunting to feed my family. Then suggessted incorrectly that when I shoot at targets they are only human shaped ones, when told otherwise, accusses me of lying.

Now I dont come here for that sort of thing. I come here for a respectful exchange of views and opinions.

And VYO,
    I know I have not been around much lately, but where is Jarhead? I havent seen him in awhile? Please tell me he didnt get deployed? PM me on this if necessary.

4. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

So this wasn't exactly how I envisioned this going but whatever.

I'm not sure. He hasn't told me anything and I haven't heard from him since the last time he posted. According the forum's archives his posts have been sporadic over the last month or so. Could be he's losing interest. Could be he got deployed and didn't mention it, although I don't think that's it. Who knows? He's only been gone three weeks. He'll probably turn up again soon.