The Trivia Thread

BigRob

Thought it would be nice to have a trivia thread. Whoever answers the questions correctly can then put up one of their own.

I will start with an easy one:

Who was the only President of the United States that became President without ever having to undergo a national election for that position?

Werbung:
Gerald Ford......he inherited when Nixon and Agnew resigned

Yep, came in under the 25th Amendment, and then Nixon resigned shortly after that. Feel free to post a question of your own.

Or how about this one:

What is the highest number of Supreme Court Justices that we have had in the United States, and why do we now have only nine?

Wasn't it 12, a number which allowed for an even split of 6/6 and corrected by having only 9?

Nope.

10 was the highest amount of judges we had on the Supreme Court in 1863. The court originally had 6.

That was changed by the Judiciary Act of 1869 which set the number at 9 Justices, where it has remained ever since.

FDR tried to expand it to 15, but he failed, but it is important to note that nowhere in the Constitution is it spelled out that we are to have 9 Justices.

(Got to love the info you learn from few years back when I had to give tours of the Capital :D)

Someone else put up a new question if they would.

my turn I guess...............

Okee dokee my friends the first intercontinental flight was from where to where and who was the pilot and what plane did he fly......

I will guess Van Lear Black. I believe he either took off or finished in Singapore, but I do not recall what the other city was... I would guess Paris, London perhaps.

Could not tell you the type of plane though. Given this happened in the 20's I would guess a monoplane of some kind. Maybe a biplane?

I could be wrong though, this might have even been after Lindbergh...

Here's one: How many scholarly papers has obama published? Hint: it's three less than me. :D

Billy Boy? And they would like you to believe that it was buddy's stain on the carpet.

You know, Rob created this thread with a specific purpose, a Constitution if you will, and then Libsmasher and Conserverativetoo came along and changed it, subverted it if you will, to their own purposes. Is this an example of your conservative (strict constructionist) ideology in practice?

Don't bother answering that. Just get back to the topic of discussion.

Grrr you guys this is a good thread lets just have the nice thread, and its clear you have to win to post a question, so win first then post questions and please please dont ruin this thread

Werbung:
Back