The Trivia Thread

Werbung:
I am a bit thrown, I continually see that Robert George Fowler flew the first successful intercontinental flight, but that might just be for an American.

If this is wrong I would then guess Louis Bleriot.

I give up, who is it?

according to google.

Louis Blériot
Frenchman Louis Blériot (1872-1936) was the first to successfully fly across the English Channel in a small, 25-horsepower machine on July 25, 1909, at 4:35 a.m. After an erratic and perilous 22-mile flight, Blériot landed near England's Dover Castle 37 minutes after setting out. The dramatic flight revealed the airplane's revolutionary potential to the people and governments of the world.

so your second guess was right

according to google.

Louis Blériot
Frenchman Louis Blériot (1872-1936) was the first to successfully fly across the English Channel in a small, 25-horsepower machine on July 25, 1909, at 4:35 a.m. After an erratic and perilous 22-mile flight, Blériot landed near England's Dover Castle 37 minutes after setting out. The dramatic flight revealed the airplane's revolutionary potential to the people and governments of the world.

so your second guess was right

That is not intercontinental flight though. Intercontinental by definition should involve two separate continents.

The English Channel is still in Europe.

Charles Lindburg it is, then.

Two parter:
What was the first national park, and which president got to sign the act creating it?

Hint: I googled this one, and the second part was a surprise to me.

Charles Lindburg it is, then.

Two parter:
What was the first national park, and which president got to sign the act creating it?

Hint: I googled this one, and the second part was a surprise to me.

Yellowstone. President Grant signed it into existence in 1871-72.. around that time.

Teddy Roosevelt of course came along later and played a big role in expanding the national parks under the Antiquities Act.

(I took an environmental science class in college and our teacher loved to talk about this stuff)

I have more of a what happened here question (fiance gave me a neat deck of cards with history facts) so here it goes:

What happened in Harper's Ferry, Virginia on October 16, 1859?

I have more of a what happened here question (fiance gave me a neat deck of cards with history facts) so here it goes:

What happened in Harper's Ferry, Virginia on October 16, 1859?

Grrr.. I thought I knew, but I was wrong. I thought Stone Wall Jackson's battle. It's not. I'll let someone else guess.

Who signed the first transcontinental rail road act into law, and what cites did it start and end in? :)

Werbung:
Back