There's A NEW "Sheriff", In D.C. .........

Werbung:
Yes BigRob, the rich are so very good at sharing the wealth with the poor. Doing that actually was blamed for the economy toppling when banks took risks on poorer people to give them homes...remember? What the a-holes aren't telling you is that those people would still be in their homes if their JOBS WEREN'T BEING SHIPPED OVERSEAS, and their economy ransacked by an illegal and astronomically expensive war in Iraq.

Maybe their jobs would not be SHIPPED OVERSEAS if we stopped taxing corporations at one of the highest rates in the world. It does no one any good to have a protectionist trade policy and end up paying more for the same good.

Example: If I make $100 dollars a week, and I want to buy a candy bar that costs $5 every week then my net loss is 5% of my income. If we then import that candy bar and sell it at $2.50 then my net loss is only 2.5% of my income. So let us say I work in the candy business and lose my job because of this. I then find a replacement job making only $50 a week. When I go to buy my candy bar, guess what, it still only cost me 5% of my weekly income, even though my net take-home pay decreased by 50%. So, am I worse off? No.

Yes, the rich are sooooooo compassionate, especially under GOP administrations I've noticed..

Well we do pay the large majority of all the taxes, so I think that counts for something.

Seating people in their own homes was the best thing for the economy. Making outsourcing illegal or heavily penalized so as to be not worth it, would bring jobs home, keep people in their homes, stabilize the housing market, restore confidence, get loans going again and the machine starting to run instead of stall. So the super-rich would have to sell a yacht to afford more workers. A real tear-jerker...Our economy depends on us reaming the rich for once, instead of the other way around. How very sad for them!

What it would do is kill international trade, and cause goods and services to be more expensive, thus nullifying any increase salary you might be receiving. This would hurt everyone, including you.

Oregon has a law forbidding you from pumping your own gas. Each station must have an attendant. And that attendant also washes your windshield automatically and will check your tire pressure too if you request it. That is to keep the gas stations hiring more people. Poor BigOil must hate that..lol..

So does New Jersey. However, you pay for that person to work in the form of higher prices, or through higher local taxes. The money does not just randomly appear, you pay for it somewhere.

I know a jeweler who was doing breakneck business as usual this xmas. Why? Because his clients are the richest of the rich...those so rich that dropping $100K on a rock mounted in a tiny piece of gold is unnoticeable to their financial profiles. Many of them are not even self-made...they are lucky sons, daughters, nieces and nephews of erstwhile hoarders and lucky prospectors.
.....Those same folks who insist they need "special-treatment", when tax-time rolls-around. :rolleyes:

There's an old saying in the financial industry: "The rich man plans for the next generation. The poor man plans for Friday night."

Switzerland's UBS AG, which suffered the most in the U.S. subprime contagion, is planning to close as many as 19,000 accounts held by U.S. clients in a step to shut down its division in the country amid rising investigation pressure from the U.S. tax authorities.

UBS has been under the probe by the Internal Revenue Service for not properly reporting to the agency based on its banking secrecy laws, forcing the Swiss wealth manager to stop issuing offshore accounts to the U.S. citizens since July 2008.

It's under investigation, so the clients are putting their money someplace else? Well, yeah...this isn't rocket science.

Werbung:
Back