They don't really teach true history anymore...

Yes, that's a good one. If you like Churchill you'll enjoy this exchange between him and George Bernard Shaw:
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
friend...if you have one."
--George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second...if there is
one."
--Winston Churchill, in response

That's really funny. It reminds me of another Churchill exchange:

Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.

Werbung:
That's really funny. It reminds me of another Churchill exchange:

Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.
Oh that one is simply priceless!

My personal favorite is:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

-Castle

Oh that one is simply priceless!

My personal favorite is:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

-Castle

Your signature quote is also a good one. Here is one of my favorites:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."
- Harry Anslinger, first head of the 'Federal Bureau of Narcotics' (created in 1930)

Hmmm

A faggot? Doing a job that rightfully belongs to a human being? The nerve! Like there have ever been any faggots who have contributed anything to Western Civlization.

Oh well, it could have been worse, I guess. It could have been Ralph J. Hexter, a former Dean of Arts & Humanities, and Executive Dean of the College of Letters & Science at UC Berkeley, and is now President of Hampshire College.

A faggot college President? Working around adults is one thing, but next thing you know, they'll be in our elementary schools, teaching our children!!!
Oh, did I mention I work at an elementary school?
Oh, and I'm a faggot.

Shut your faggot face you faggot.

Knowing & Studying History is Great Research.

Regardless to if the passages in history was written based
on true experiences or false information. There is always
room for us to determine what makes senses or what's bs.
Lets be mindful also that history has many paragenda sides
to it, and there was some very important pieces was lefted
out.

Thereforth with bits & pieces of history, and good research
work a final conclusion can be made. This is where our
common senses that many of us was born with kicks in to
do the thinking about what sounds real or what is a bunch of bs.

Lets take Black History for example. For many years Black History
was combined in with American History (aka White History), and
up to the time arrived for black history was to be taught Blacks
did not know many about our history except what we learned
through American History.

Now there is other culture histories that we need to know about,
due to the fact that we never knew about other culture history,
and now (in today's schools) students isn't aware of other culture
histories.

In closing, Here in America we are suppose to have a special
unique claim for knowing it all, and if you're a parent with a
child or children in School..ask yourself are they learning anything
in class? This is why Parents should be involved with what their
child is learning in school by visiting the Schools and the classes.

Not in the slightest.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Absolute certainty is a sign of fear because no one knows for sure. It takes a courageous person to face the world knowing that they are uncertain.

I'm curious, Justinian, why you are so hateful towards homosexual people that you have to use the term "faggot" in reference to them. Do you also shout, "******, ******!" at black people? Do you call Jews "Kikes"?

He would like to call them that, but he knows he would get the chuff beaten out of him, so he sits on an internet forum saying it to people.

I hope one day you say faggot and some huge gay bloke comes up to you and gives you a beating. How bad would that be for your self esteem, beaten up by a homosexual.

I actually picture him more as the GI Joe version of Fred Phelps, but whatever.

About history...I'm a teenager and I can tell you a bit about Lord Nelson - not a ton, but a bit. I could talk to you about all the little conflagrations in the history our country that aren't very widely studied - the Whiskey Rebellion, Shays Rebellion, the Indian Wars, the Seminole Wars, the Mormon Rebellion...all the good ones.

To be fair, I learned about those just from reading outside sources on my own, but that isn't to say that I didn't pick up quite a bit from history class. Kids these days will learn what they want to hear and far too many of them don't give a damn about history. The problem isn't usually what's being taught - it's how. It's the fact that our schools make bloody battles like New Orleans in 1814 sound...well..boring.

Since you brought up the "Indian Wars", do tell me about what you learned and I will gladly tell you what I have learned.

Teachers don't teach students about great men and heros anymore. You won't meet many teenagers who can tell you who Lord Nelson was. Most teenagers these days don't even know when Columbus Day is; they only know it's Columbus Day when they get a day off from school, and they are told about it the following school day. The whole point of learning history is to learn of the past and the mistakes people made in the past, so we don't repeat them again and so we can learn from their mistakes. Is this not the point of History?

Wah.
History is one of those subjects which has its importance greatly exaggerated by those who liked studying it. Fact of the matter is that "true history" has never been taught and what select facts are taught is of little importance.
History should focus more on whys than whats, more on variety than strict consistent storyline, and more on critical thought than on blind absorption.

History is more akin to theology than to social science as it is taught and as it has always been taught. The biggest pseudo-religious principle is that we need to learn it to avoid repeating our past... but this only works if people critically analyze history through the lens of social science and varying points of view.

Rather the people who complain most about "failed history education" seem to be more worried about indoctrinating students with civil religion and a nationalist ethnocentric point of view. In the name of education...

Since you brought up the "Indian Wars", do tell me about what you learned and I will gladly tell you what I have learned.

You had to pick the one set I'm haziest on. :p

From what I remember, the majority of the Indian Wars took place in the 1790s during America's first attempt to consolidate control over the Northwest Territory, the War of 1812 when Tecumseh sided with the British, and various conflagrations of the 1830s when several tribes didn't take too kindly to relocation.

Most were short campaigns, sparked by a raid by Native Americans who were then forcibly put down by a detachment of the United States Army. Like many things they didn't get more than a very cursory mention in my history class and I was left to read about them of my own volition.

In particular I studied the Blackhawk War of 1832 and the Northwest Indian War of 1784-1794. The latter in particular peaked my interest, as I did an intense study of early American History, especially pertaining to the Northwest Territory.

I realize I'm not relating any details but there are a lot and I'm not sure which in particular you're interested in.

Werbung:
Hmmm

He would like to call them that, but he knows he would get the chuff beaten out of him, so he sits on an internet forum saying it to people.

I hope one day you say faggot and some huge gay bloke comes up to you and gives you a beating. How bad would that be for your self esteem, beaten up by a homosexual.

This entire post is out of frustration for people like me and my opinions and also with a purely visual agenda to stamp out and discredit my long enduring viewpoint on faggots and spooks. Anyhow, if someone randomly attacks me on the street, they'd better kill me because that's exactly what it means for them. And the day a silly faggot calls me a "Nazi Scum" like he has any historical leg to stand on and isn't just defending and continuing his effort to secure his right to indecently, immoraly and incessantly have sex with other men and yet still wants to be treated equal and called a man. You faggot scum and your stupid, insideous faggot ways make me want to vomit. If you were really equal and actually a man and not a freak, why wouuldn't you have the same rights and why would you have to fight for them? It's because you are a base social disease that refuses to conform to societal decency (which DOES include religion) and for that I have no sympathy or regard to your conscious sick perverted lifestyle you live and thumb your nose at the world with. You call me a Nazi. Hmmph. If I were a Nazi that would mean I am a recluse like you which I am not but a proud, fully functioning member of the community. But keep trying to carve that corner in society for yourself which you are by nature against you demented fiend. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Back