Tulsa, OK; Vaulting Into The First-Century!!!

Werbung:
Well it's much worse than that. Wait until you read the full story published in The Tulsa World on August 11th.

As you read it, keep in mind that Tulsa city streets have deteoriated to point of being dangerous. We have large, sometimes refrigerator sized, chuck of concrete fall from our bridges. All city employees, include fire and police, are being forced to take about two weeks of unpaid furloughs. We've turned off the streets lights at night on our expressways to save money. Major job losses, and new job cuts are now a fixture of the front page news.

This former City Counsilor, and Republican candidate for Mayor says building a permanent creationism display at The Tulsa Zoo is the #1 priority for Tulsa, ranking it ahead of ever other single problem.

We're on a race to the bottom, and Oklahoma, the reddest state in America, has become the new Mississippi. In virtually every issue of quality of life, health and education we're among the bottom three states. But we do have more women in prison than any other state.

Until the Republicans took over, we were a progressive state. Our elected Democrats prized education and we used to hold the distinction of our state producing more astronauts and Rhodes Scholars than any other state. Our elected Democrats developed the Arkansas River navigation project, making Catoosa the furthest inland seaport in America. Our elected Democrats built dams, and created massive lakes across our state for water supplies and recreation. On and on.

Now, under Republican leadership our claim to fame is the fact that we have more women in prison than any other state.

Here's the full article...

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer
Published: 8/11/2009 7:09 PM
Last Modified: 8/11/2009 7:09 PM

Republican mayoral candidate Anna Falling said Tuesday that putting a Christian creationism display in the Tulsa Zoo is No. 1 in importance among city issues that include violent crime, budget woes and bumpy streets.
“It’s first,” she said to calls of “hallelujah” at a rally outside the zoo. “If we can’t come to the foundation of faith in this community, those other answers will never come. We need to first of all recognize the fact that God needs to be honored in this city.”

Falling, who has founded several Christian nonprofits and is a former city councilor, also said the next mayor needs to appoint people to city boards, authorities and commissions who will “honor God.”

“We will also look for people who want to characterize the origins of both man and animals in a way that honors Judeo-Christian science that proves God as the creator,” she said.

When asked whether she meant she would recruit Christians to serve the city, Falling said she was talking about “people committed to their churches,” and when asked whether she meant Christian churches, she said, “churches, yes.”

Falling’s campaign has been overtly Christian-themed. But she said she wants to embrace people of all religions, not alienate them.

“I’d love to be able to visit with them,” she said, adding that there’s common ground. “I know God loves them. I love them. This is an opportunity for us to be able to be friends and make a difference in this community.”

Controversy over having a creationism display at the zoo dates back to 2005, when it was proposed by Dan Hicks, a Christian activist. Hicks drew up plans for a 5-by-3-foot panel that would tell the Genesis creation story of God creating the world in six days and resting on the seventh.

It was initially approved by the Tulsa Park and Recreation Board, but the board later rescinded its decision in a second vote after a public outcry. Hicks’ panel, now finished, was on display at Tuesday’s rally.

Zoo officials released this prepared statement: “Installation of this exhibit at the Tulsa Zoo was raised in 2005, discussed, vetted and resolved in a very public process involving the entire community. A public vote four years ago by the Parks Board resolved the issue.”

The zoo does have displayed an elephant-like sculpture said to depict the Hindu god Ganesha and an exhibit that deals with the creation of the earth from a scientific point of view.

Well it's much worse than that. Wait until you read the full story published in The Tulsa World on August 11th.

As you read it, keep in mind that Tulsa city streets have deteoriated to point of being dangerous. We have large, sometimes refrigerator sized, chuck of concrete fall from our bridges. All city employees, include fire and police, are being forced to take about two weeks of unpaid furloughs. We've turned off the streets lights at night on our expressways to save money. Major job losses, and new job cuts are now a fixture of the front page news.

This former City Counsilor, and Republican candidate for Mayor says building a permanent creationism display at The Tulsa Zoo is the #1 priority for Tulsa, ranking it ahead of ever other single problem.
Amazing........

I'd driven-thru, there....back in '96, on my way down to Austin. I'd spent the night at a motel, there, and....after getting something to eat...asked a waitress where the nearest liquor-store was. I was really surprised to hear I'd stopped in a "dry"-county. I knew, from a friend, there were places, like that, down in Texas, but had no idea how wide-spread that practice was. Hell, I'd just left Boulder County (CO), where everything was open; 7-days-a-week.

What's really ironic (and, it's the same, here, in Central PA), is....how "puzzled" the long-time locals feel....about why the younger-people hit the ROAD, once they get an increased/more-marketable education. I can identify, though.

Back in '75, after doing 5 years at Bethlehem Steel, I had an old-friend doing Christmas-vacation, here (PA), after he'd been out-West, for 5 years. He told me..."You wouldn't believe what's goin'-on, outside o' this town!!" I had no idea what he was talkin'-about, but I made my condition temporary....real quick-like!!!!

Greco, I assume you are from Oklahoma, so I wanted to ask what you think of the upcoming Governor's race?

Did you like Brad Henry? What do you think of Mary Fallin.

I imagine you probably do not like her all that much since she is Republican, but outside of that complaint, do you think she has a good chance to win it?

Couple of points...

1. Tulsa is not a dry county. Liquor stores close at 9pm, and are not open on Sundays. Most restaurants also offer liquor by the drink.

2. Yes, I liked Brad Henry. One of the most non-flashy politicians to come along. He was a moderate and kept the Republican House and Senate in check. He was elected twice, the second time by a wider margin than the first.

3. Mary Fallin is a nutcase. She's like that Michelle Backman from Minnesota that's always putting her foot in her mouth with looney comments. She won't win, although she will attract some votes, but she has no chance at all of winning,
thank goodness. The likely next governor is Drew Edmondson (Dem), our currenty Attorney General. He's done a great job, is popular across the state and competent. He's the son of Ed Edmondson that represented Oklahoma in Congress for years, and the nephew of J. Howard Edmondson, a former two-term governor.

Couple of points...

1. Tulsa is not a dry county. Liquor stores close at 9pm, and are not open on Sundays. Most restaurants also offer liquor by the drink.
Whew!! So...discounting the whole Zoo-trip, it's a fairly-liberal county; relatively-speaking.

Where ever it was I'd stopped, was right off I-35.

Tulsa is hardly a "liberal" county. By the way, I-35 is about 100 miles west of Tulsa.

Werbung:
It's lookin' like Georgia is running a very-close 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Atlanta, GA: "State Republican lawmaker Tommy Benton (31st House District) favors "caning" minor marijuana offenders and "executing" those who sell the drug, according to recent correspondences sent by the representative to two of his constituents."

10266.jpg

"JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back