Understanding the Enemy

I don't think numinus was saying they arn't fighting for religion, I think he was merely pointing out the tactic they use is anything but exclusive to Islam.

well, yes, indeed there are specific Islamic tactics like taqqiya and kitman. and those suicide bombers seem quite exclusive to the theology.
and those tv shows teaching children to be martyr suicide bombers... are exclusive to... Islam.
maybe numinus can clarify.

Werbung:
I don't think numinus was saying they arn't fighting for religion, I think he was merely pointing out the tactic they use is anything but exclusive to Islam.

Yeah, TZU used it as well BC. The Irish killed several 100 over 3 decades in the previous century. "The enemy" is not historical figures. In the past 5-10 years 90-95% of the terrorism around the world has eminated from Islamic fundamentalist waging jihad against any form of government other than the Khilafah or religion other than Islam. If understanding the enemy is the goal, I dont see the relevance of TZU. If running a little cover for the enemy and their deeds were the point, I would see the relevance.

I think he was saying there is "NOTHING RELIGIOUS ABOUT IT." What we think is irrelevant. They believe it is very religious.

No.

The common mistake is the view that modern terrorism is a religious act. It is first and foremost, a POLITICAL ACT, however else anyone wish to paint it with religious colors.

I totally agree. Relgion is nothing more then a tool, a language that unites the group. If it weren't religion - it would be something else serving the same purpose such as nationalism or a political ideology, or an ethnic identity.

well, yes, indeed there are specific Islamic tactics like taqqiya and kitman. and those suicide bombers seem quite exclusive to the theology.

Hardly. Remember the Kamakazi fighters of the Japanese? Dying for a cause is not new nor is it unique to Islam extremists. You've got a ton of beatified Christian martyrs who died for a cause and in many cases took lives with them. And, I might add - the vast majority of Muslims have no desire to die for a cause because they are not extremists.

Yeah, TZU used it as well BC. The Irish killed several 100 over 3 decades in the previous century. "The enemy" is not historical figures. In the past 5-10 years 90-95% of the terrorism around the world has eminated from Islamic fundamentalist waging jihad against any form of government other than the Khilafah or religion other than Islam. If understanding the enemy is the goal, I dont see the relevance of TZU. If running a little cover for the enemy and their deeds were the point, I would see the relevance.

Your previous point had no relevance at all. The argument is that Islamic terrorists are not the only people who use these tactics.

Your previous point had no relevance at all. The argument is that Islamic terrorists are not the only people who use these tactics.

???? No, TZUs advocacy of terrorism was what was irrelevant, and Ive already aknowledged that 5-10% of the terrorism in the last 5-10 years has been commited by non muslims. Had anybody argued that ONLY muslims commit terrorism you might have a point. Nobody has, and you only have another strawman to avoid the issue instead of addressing it. The usual response used to defend these scum sucking fundamentalist and their ideology.

They praise Allah and how many damned "Amens" do you hear damning homosexuals or "ragheads"?

The enemy is extremism and fundamentalism. To bad no one understands it.

Yes, you hear Christian fundamentalist "damning" the homosexuals. The Islamic fundamentalist are killing the unbelievers.

I totally agree. Relgion is nothing more then a tool, a language that unites the group. If it weren't religion - it would be something else serving the same purpose such as nationalism or a political ideology, or an ethnic identity.

Yeah, and the slaughter of millions of Jews in WWII had nothing to do with Nazism. Nazism is nothing more than a tool, a language that unites the group. If it werent Nazism- it would be something else serving the purpose such as nationalism or a political ideology, or an ethnic identity. So we shouldnt be critical of Nazism. (sarcasm)

Yes, you hear Christian fundamentalist "damning" the homosexuals. The Islamic fundamentalist are killing the unbelievers.

there are no homosexuals in Iran... because they have all been hanged.

and yeah, there's no difference in those evil Christians who are voicing their opinion and those Muslims who are actually carrying out beheadings and murder daily. silly Christians... they are so dangerous.

what many don't understand is that religious government, culture, life in Islam is 24/7 and obligated to be acted upon. when hate and murder is preached in mosques they really mean it.
I don't think you can find many Christian churches preaching to the attendees to go kill infidels.

this is funny too... because those muslims who kill do consider themselves soldiers and in war. but the Brits want to click their ruby slippers and find their happy place... heheheh.
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,159067,00.html
The words "war on terror" will no longer be used by the British government to describe attacks on the public, the country's chief prosecutor said Dec. 27.

Sir Ken Macdonald said terrorist fanatics were not soldiers fighting a war but simply members of an aimless "death cult."

The Director of Public Prosecutions said: 'We resist the language of warfare, and I think the government has moved on this. It no longer uses this sort of language."

London is not a battlefield, he said.

"The people who were murdered on July 7 were not the victims of war. The men who killed them were not soldiers," Macdonald said. "They were fantasists, narcissists, murderers and criminals and need to be responded to in that way."

Yeah, and the slaughter of millions of Jews in WWII had nothing to do with Nazism. Nazism is nothing more than a tool, a language that unites the group. If it werent Nazism- it would be something else serving the purpose such as nationalism or a political ideology, or an ethnic identity. So we shouldnt be critical of Nazism. (sarcasm)

a national and political ideology = Islamic theology. hello?
what's sad is that Islam is committing genocide in the name of Allah and blaming the West. that's brilliant that they get so many to believe that s****... even those in the West who are sympathizers and apologists who can't think the way the enemy does.

Hardly. Remember the Kamakazi fighters of the Japanese? Dying for a cause is not new nor is it unique to Islam extremists. You've got a ton of beatified Christian martyrs who died for a cause and in many cases took lives with them. And, I might add - the vast majority of Muslims have no desire to die for a cause because they are not extremists.

again, what happened in 1945 isn't really an immediate danger to me and my family this week.
AQ is far more advanced in tactics than Kamakazi fighters. Kamazasis fought on a battlefield, they wore uniforms, they represented a single country government, they attacked military targets.

the vast majority of Lebanese children are exposed to tv shows that encourage them to become martyrs. little children being taught hate and killing is a good thing. so in 5-7 years there will be quite a bigger number. not to mention how many are being conditioned in mosques and training camps.

911 was in 2001 and the "awakening" it was not a confrontation that is planned for 2010-2013. wonder what the number of extremists will be then?

Werbung:
Hardly. Remember the Kamakazi fighters of the Japanese? Dying for a cause is not new nor is it unique to Islam extremists.

???? Whether we like it or not, fate has left you and I to deal with life in this century, not the prrevious one. But since strawman arguements are all that we get on this group, Ill play. Lets pretend it's 1945 and I am speaking out in criticism of the Shinto religion practiced in imperial Japan. A religion that teaches the Japanese from birth that the Emperor is GOD. A god who

was the Japanese national mind with all its paradoxes—reeking savagery and sensitivity to beauty, frantic fanaticism and patient obedience to authority, brittle rituals and gross vices, habitual discipline and berserk outbursts, obsession with its divine mission and sudden obsession with worldly power.

would you likewise, constantly speak out in defense of Shintoism? Would you argue that the Kamakaze's decision had nothing to do with religion? Do you realize that kamakaze literally translates to "God wind". When Kubla Khan attacked Japan with his navy, a typhoon came and destroyed his fleet. The Japanese believed God had sent the typhoon to repel the mongols. The kamakazes are the "god wind".

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,852228-1,00.html
TIME
Monday, May. 21, 1945

The God-Emperor

a national religion which teaches that war is man's greatest glory, that unquestioning obedience is his chief purpose in life, that the utter denial of the individual is his greatest peace—a spiritual totalitarianism more primeval and more potent than anything Naziism ever dreamed of. ...Shinto (The Way of the Gods)... But in 1868 it became Japan's state religion, a cult of the dead based on ancestor worship, and resumed its interrupted task of molding the Japanese people for their divine mission of conquest.

Back