US Becoming Pro-Life

It is likely that a strong majority of people are "pro life" in the sense that they would like to see fewer abortions. Even Barack Obama, pro life extremist that he is, said we should act to limit the number of abortions.

Few people are really anti choice, or pro abortion.

The debate then, needs to be about how best to reduce the number of abortions.

Surely, no one is going to argue that it is possible to eliminate abortion entirely.

The question, then, is whether to make it illegal, and thus drive it underground, or to make it illegal in some cases, thus letting the government decide, or to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, and make adoption a more attractive option.

My position is that we should keep it legal, but work to make it less prevalent through education, access to birth control, and adoption. Does that make me pro life, or pro choice?

The survey was pretty cut and dry, no code words. Are you pro life or are you pro choice. I personally wished they had asked the question are you pro life or are you pro abortion but either way it was a clear question. Twisting the meaning of the people who took the survey does not change the survey.

By the way, how do you intend to reduce a woman’s need for abortion? That is the way obama puts it. He wants to reduce the need. How exactly does one go about reducing the need? Do you plan to make women take classes on learning how not to be such a selfish person? The biggest reason women have abortions is they are not interested in being burdened with a pregnancy.

Werbung:
Pandora Said: By the way, how do you intend to reduce a woman’s need for abortion? That is the way President Obama puts it. He wants to reduce the need. How exactly does one go about reducing the need? Do you plan to make women take classes on learning how not to be such a selfish person? The biggest reason women have abortions is they are not interested in being burdened with a pregnancy.

You blew me out of the water with that last statement...how do you/how did you arrive at that assumption??? Just a feeling or what??? Because I'm not sure that I've read or heard any facts/stats about the 'reasons' behind the abortion process? And I volunteer at a SOS call center for physically/mentally/sexually abused females! Not saying that your wrong...it's just shocking that your statement wasn't expected, not at all!

I receive the largest percentage of phone calls from good religious women that are having to deal with 'another pregnancy' due to their husbands refusal to allow her any contraceptives "due to religious" beliefs. Selective Catholosisim at its worst...large population of Mexican Americans live in this area and the 'Male Machismo' is ramped and controlling, women are treated much as live stock then equal partners in marriage!

For me and supporting alternative options besides the surgery drastic removal of a fetus would be optimum such as the most recent early night after pill {sorry I can't remember the name right now}...but our medical technology is making leaps and bounds of new roads into this area of our birth control and if our current President Obama {yes, I edited your post and put his title in as it should be} supports that alternative or something newer improved then why would you be hesitant or against that???

I don't care what percentage I am part of, even if it is less than 1%. This is not a popularity contest, but a choice of what we believe is just and unjust. It would not be the first, nor the last time, I have been in the minority.

In a republic based on popular votes, sometimes we win, and sometimes we lose, but our our elected representatives make decisions based on their judgements, which may be different from our feelings. Right now, the highest elected officials favor abortion law as it currently stands, or allowing abortion under even more circumstances, and I support that.

You blew me out of the water with that last statement...how do you/how did you arrive at that assumption??? Just a feeling or what??? Because I'm not sure that I've read or heard any facts/stats about the 'reasons' behind the abortion process? And I volunteer at a SOS call center for physically/mentally/sexually abused females! Not saying that your wrong...it's just shocking that your statement wasn't expected, not at all!

Are you suggesting that most abortions are done because of physical, mental and sexual abuse? I know that there is a small percent of women who seek abortions due to rape and incest and an even smaller number of women who seek abortions because it could very well kill them to carry a baby to term. That leaves most abortions for other reasons. Reasons like not wanting to be burdened with a baby. Obama himself said he believed abortion should be legal because if one of his daughters were to “mess up” he would not want them burdened with a baby. That is the biggest reason most women get an abortion. Obama says he wants to reduce the “need” for abortion. Unless he plans to stop rape and incest or find a miracle cure for those women who seek abortions because their lives are at risk then it stands to reason he is talking about that other group. The larger group of women who do it because they don’t want the burden of a pregnancy.

I receive the largest percentage of phone calls from good religious women that are having to deal with 'another pregnancy' due to their husbands refusal to allow her any contraceptives "due to religious" beliefs. Selective Catholosisim at its worst...large population of Mexican Americans live in this area and the 'Male Machismo' is ramped and controlling, women are treated much as live stock then equal partners in marriage!

You should reply to these women who are flooding you with phone calls that they can go to planned parenthood and get help from their brutal husbands that they should in fact divorce.

For me and supporting alternative options besides the surgery drastic removal of a fetus would be optimum such as the most recent early night after pill {sorry I can't remember the name right now}...but our medical technology is making leaps and bounds of new roads into this area of our birth control and if our current President Obama {yes, I edited your post and put his title in as it should be} supports that alternative or something newer improved then why would you be hesitant or against that???
Its called the morning after pill and you shouldn’t edit other peoples posts.

Are you suggesting that most abortions are done because of physical, mental and sexual abuse? I know that there is a small percent of women who seek abortions due to rape and incest and an even smaller number of women who seek abortions because it could very well kill them to carry a baby to term. That leaves most abortions for other reasons. Reasons like not wanting to be burdened with a baby. Obama himself said he believed abortion should be legal because if one of his daughters were to “mess up” he would not want them burdened with a baby. That is the biggest reason most women get an abortion. Obama says he wants to reduce the “need” for abortion. Unless he plans to stop rape and incest or find a miracle cure for those women who seek abortions because their lives are at risk then it stands to reason he is talking about that other group. The larger group of women who do it because they don’t want the burden of a pregnancy.

You should reply to these women who are flooding you with phone calls that they can go to planned parenthood and get help from their brutal husbands that they should in fact divorce.

Its called the morning after pill and you shouldn’t edit other peoples posts.

1. But you don't know that, that is just strictly your biased view about abortions and the reasons that women choose to make that heart wrenching decision. I would think that "just wanting to unburden themselves of a baby" would be the absolute smallest percentage of the women going to get and abortion...from a OOPS moment of bad judgment!
2. How and what we are trained to respond to each and every caller is to 'NOT push our beliefs onto them in any form and to NOT judge them and absolutely NOT advice them about DIVORCE'...we are there to provide positive/effective/immediate assistance NOW
3. The good religious married women that come to crisis centers all across America are desperate for some help...some do choose to terminate their pregnancy, some choose to keep them and figure out how to pay for the medical bills while still feeding the other children at home
4. I'll edit the improper way {disrespectful} error in your typing when I pull a quote forward that you did to our current president! tsk, tsk, tsk (wagging my pointy finger at you...missy)

95% of abortions are done as a form of birth control.

1-5% are done in cases of rape, incest and the health of the mother.

Those 1-5%, are understandable.... The other 95% are unreasonable.... 100% will be subsidized by tax dollars, at roughly $1400 each, and our glorious leader has even seen fit to fund abortions for overseas foreigners with your tax money. I find that appalling.

This is individual rights vs property rights. Just like slavery, you're on the wrong side of the issue if you think an individual is property of another individual.

Since Popeye brought it up... The Nazi's were PRO-Abortion. Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was not just a believer in the Nazi theory of Eugenics... she thought they didn't go far enough and proposed her own version which came to be known as Super-Eugenics.

Gen,

I agree, keep the focus on the civil rights of the living human that is going to be killed while remembering the living human who is not going to have the privacy to kill it.

There is no doubt that if the right keeps the best and most valid arguments at the forefront this is a winning issue.

By the way, how do you intend to reduce a woman’s need for abortion? That is the way obama puts it. He wants to reduce the need. How exactly does one go about reducing the need?
Lemme guess.....you haven't had That Talk with your Mother, yet, right?

:rolleyes:

Do you plan to make women take classes on learning how not to be such a selfish person?
Getting current on the present, evil technology would be a good start.

Lacking that, your option should probably be Duct Tape (It's not just a terrorist-preventative, anymore!)....around your knees and ankles.

:rolleyes:

Obama himself said he believed abortion should be legal because if one of his daughters were to “mess up” he would not want them burdened with a baby.
Actually, he said "...punished..." with a baby, which is what drove the Anti-Choice folks crazy!

What he was referring-to, was what too-many Pro-Lifers (in the past, anyhow....before they called themselves Pro-Lifers) endorsed.

Granted, you're pretty-much destined for a life of very-few-options....seeing-as-how those Pro-Lifers magically disappear, once you've gone the full-term route....but, you surely will learn a good-lesson about the evils of sex, NOW!!!! (A child, as punishment; whatta great-start.)

This is some o' that, there "compassionate-conservatism".....where, only a "conservative"-family's little Prom Queen is entitled to an abortion, because....after ALL....how's she gonna find a nice boy, if he finds-out she's not Pure, anymore??!!!!!

:eek:

95% of abortions are done as a form of birth control.

1-5% are done in cases of rape, incest and the health of the mother.

Those 1-5%, are understandable.... The other 95% are unreasonable.... 100% will be subsidized by tax dollars, at roughly $1400 each, and our glorious leader has even seen fit to fund abortions for overseas foreigners with your tax money. I find that appalling.

Wow you're not up on this subject either.:)

First off how do you tell which of those are the "understandable" ones? You can't and every woman wanting not to be a government forced incubator would just be forced to lie.

Secondly the government does not pay for abortions... what is wrong with you! I've had friends and even some family that have had abortions and they paid for every dime of it... everyone does.

The government does help fund PLANNED PARENTHOOD which uses those tax dollars for sex education & pregnancy prevention & STD screenings & treatment and birth control. Federal funds are not spent on abortions.

I can not tell if you are making a joke, or you meant to say pro abortion or if you are so uninformed you actually think this is true

I actually meant to type "pro choice." As I've already said, neither Obama not hardly anyone else is "pro abortion."

1. But you don't know that, that is just strictly your biased view about abortions and the reasons that women choose to make that heart wrenching decision. I would think that "just wanting to unburden themselves of a baby" would be the absolute smallest percentage of the women going to get and abortion...from a OOPS moment of bad judgment!
2. How and what we are trained to respond to each and every caller is to 'NOT push our beliefs onto them in any form and to NOT judge them and absolutely NOT advice them about DIVORCE'...we are there to provide positive/effective/immediate assistance NOW
3. The good religious married women that come to crisis centers all across America are desperate for some help...some do choose to terminate their pregnancy, some choose to keep them and figure out how to pay for the medical bills while still feeding the other children at home
4. I'll edit the improper way {disrespectful} error in your typing when I pull a quote forward that you did to our current president! tsk, tsk, tsk (wagging my pointy finger at you...missy)

You parroted obama’s words exactly "that heart wrenching decision"

what exactly is heart wrenching about it? If there is nothing wrong with abortion then why should it be heart wrenching? If you are not killing a person then I don’t see why any one would consider it heart wrenching and why in fact try to reduce them if there is nothing wrong with doing it.

if abortion is liberty and freedom to choose then why reduce a woman’s right to choose?

It can’t be both ways, legal, moral, right, ok, fine but also
heart wrenching and it needs to be reduced.

you tell me who is getting the abortions that he plans to reduce if you don’t think its women who don’t want to be punished or burdened with a pregnancy?

Werbung:
I actually meant to type "pro choice." As I've already said, neither Obama not hardly anyone else is "pro abortion."

Most people who claim to be pro choice are not pro choice; they are pro abortion. That is the choice they are talking about.

(Almost) every one I have ever asked who I know is pro abortion tells me they are against my rights to not wear a seat belt, helmet or have a gun.

They are only pro choice when it comes to slaughtering your children. There has been a couple of exceptions of people who did not feel it was their right to force me to wear a seat belt or helmet but those people are rare.

You can’t really be pro choice if the only choice you are pro is the choice to kill your kid, you may as well call that spade a spade and call them pro abortion. obama is pro abortion, he is happy to deny me my rights to go without a seat belt or helmet, and he would rather not let me have a hand gun, he only cares that I have the right to choose to kill my child. obama is pro abortion like it or not.

Back