we are against big government

mogur

The signature lines are getting really out of line. The founding fathers were against big government. Duh, we were fighting against the English rule, and there were many statements against British domination. But to usurp that sentiment to justify neoconservatism, is to pervert the entire populist movement that said that we are against government in general. Think for yourself. Think what big corporations do for you. Are you a lackey? Do you want the corporate bottom line to speak for you?

Werbung:
The signature lines are getting really out of line. The founding fathers were against big government. Duh, we were fighting against the English rule, and there were many statements against British domination. But to usurp that sentiment to justify neoconservatism, is to pervert the entire populist movement that said that we are against government in general. Think for yourself. Think what big corporations do for you. Are you a lackey? Do you want the corporate bottom line to speak for you?
You know Mogur...I hear many a conservative totting the founding fathers as if they knew exactly what they were thinking/what they ate/ what their deep seated feelings were about the air that they breathed at that moment in history:rolleyes:
But I still think back to the very premise that all of those men standing around in those chambers were all prosperous landowners who had either indentured servants or slaves working their land for them...so who were they really representing EXACTLY?

Werbung:
You know Mogur...I hear many a conservative totting the founding fathers as if they knew exactly what they were thinking/what they ate/ what their deep seated feelings were about the air that they breathed at that moment in history:rolleyes:
But I still think back to the very premise that all of those men standing around in those chambers were all prosperous landowners who had either indentured servants or slaves working their land for them...so who were they really representing EXACTLY?

The people that made that fledgling America the marvel that even then it was.

Back