What is the point?

Hmm, not much of a response.

Come on. Have another go.

Help me out. What did you mean when you said there is no eternal life in heaven?

I obviously agree with you but for the poor christians watching this who are seeing their efforts wasted...do it for them

Werbung:
So you can't explain what the point is.

That is because there isn't one.

Everyone reading your feeble responses will conclude that.

O.K. Feel better. Here's a truth you can believe. I'm about the only one on this board who even played with you, because I think you're funny. Now you're just boring and silly. The only point you need to worry about is the one that your pinhead comes to Zippy. Have fun. Go find a friend. A human one this time.

Nope, that doesn't make it clear at all.

It was an attempt at avoiding the issue.

Again

So now it is legitimate to conclude that you know you hold an untenable position but you are not big enough to admit it.

So now it is legitimate to conclude that you know you hold an untenable position but you are not big enough to admit it.

Like "Hating" religion?" That's a real productive application of thought. Do you "hate" certain kinds of food too?

Maybe when you grow up you will be able to get over whatever psychological damage that was inflicted on you by a human being and deal with the fact that hate is pointless. Since religion qualifies in your mind as a belief system it couldn't possibly cause actual harm. So you in fact hate PEOPLE who don't believe what you do. What a great human being. Disagreement is fine, "hate" causes heart disease.

This isn't about hating religion bododie. For once, I am loving Dawkins here.

You have not mananged to answer his question, but instead attack his motives. His motives only have to be called upon if you wish them to. The real question is, can you defend your faith in response to his question.

It seems you can't, yet you continue to believe in it.

You are evading the questions Dawkins has put foward to you, regardless
No I am not. I answered his questions. He evaded mine, but of course since you believe as he does, this is justifiable. No problem.

I did however, believe that you might have been big enough to say, "You are evading questions Dawkins has put forward to you regardless, and I WAS WRONG IN MY STATEMENT THAT IT WASN'T ABOUT 'RELIGION'".

Don't bother. I don't want certain body parts to fall off just because you were wrong.

Idea: Let's just leave it at this: If I am wrong about there being a God, then I just cease.

If you are wrong, nothing will change relative to what you expect at the end of life. You will just cease anyway...

Bododie

Why don't you shut me up good and proper and explain to me what the point of living forever in heaven is?

To me it seems like a dreadful proposition.

And for the record I do hate religion and here are some examples of why

800,000 men women and children burned to death in Europe for being eccentric
Attempts to deprive the sick from the benefits of stem cell research
Promotion of superstition and ignorance over science
Telling the AIDS ridden people of Africa that condoms are sinful
Denying gay people the equality to marry
Investing in and profiting from the slave trade

And a hundred other things.

I wonder why more people don't hate this hideous form of repression that takes money off the poor to enrich the pious walking round in their luxurious and ridiculous robes.

But to return to the point why don't you stop insulting me and explain what the point is of living for eternity in heaven?

Dawkins, I want you to believe what you believe. I want you to be happy. Peace, little boy dude. Go play with your science kit. If you want to continue this, then like I said, no one else wants to play with you on it. Go to another forum with this thread, and "live long and prosper".

Werbung:
It is a shame that you can't either counter my point or accept it.

The chhildish insults are not fuinny and they are not fooling anyone.

Back