What's for dinner?

Werbung:

:)
2010-12-22-Lussekatter-recipe-for-web.jpg

Looks pretty good.
Chix & tortinni soup here tonight. Love me some soup when the temp drops. Tadtes great and house smells good too

Lemon-Chicken-Orzo-Soup3.jpg

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

Yield:
Serves 8

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Easy chicken soup made with a light and refreshing lemon broth, orzo pasta, and vegetables. This comforting soup is healthy and perfect for a cold day.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
8 cups of chicken broth
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until orzo is tender. Add the chicken and heat for about 5 minutes.

3. Remove the pot from the heat. Discard the bay leaf and stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve warm.

Note-You can use shredded rotisserie chicken in this soup.

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/lemon-chicken-orzo-soup/

This was a wonderful dish tonight!

photo(5).JPG
Sauteed the goods ..... kitchen smells wonderful ...

photo(6).JPG
Real Chicken broth boiling

photo(7).JPG Does it look good?

photo(8).JPG
Remaining Lemons were put to boil ....

This is a soup worth making. On a cold Sunday morning this soup is as good as your best cup of coffee and as good as real lemonade on a hot Texas summer day!!!!

Last edited:
Last night I made my moms tex-mex spaghetti. Years ago when I was a kid, we used to order a special blended chili powder. It wasn't too hot and had the most wonderful aroma and flavor. I don't even know the name of it or where it came from. I've been looking for a replacement ever since.

There is one I do like, it has the Safeway brand and the chili is dark.

I also make a pretty good Italian spaghetti sauce that I use on pasta and in my lasagna.

Last night I made my moms tex-mex spaghetti. Years ago when I was a kid, we used to order a special blended chili powder. It wasn't too hot and had the most wonderful aroma and flavor. I don't even know the name of it or where it came from. I've been looking for a replacement ever since.

There is one I do like, it has the Safeway brand and the chili is dark.

I also make a pretty good Italian spaghetti sauce that I use on pasta and in my lasagna.
I get a lot of my spices here:

http://www.penzeys.com/

They have great chilli powders and spices from all over the world. You can order a free catalog. It is well worth it.

Werbung:
Back