Why did Daylight Savings Time shift from late April to early March?

Daylight savings time is like cutting a piece from one end of a blanket and sewing it on the other end in order to make it longer.

Days are shorter in the winter. That's a fact, and no one is going to change it by tinkering with the clock.

Why don't we just compromise, set the clocks ahead a half hour and then leave them there?

Because the earth is warming due to us using too much energy, we need to use fewer lights by utilizing daylight when possible.

That is what I have always been told was the reason for daylight savings.

And the reason to push it up to March from April was to capture even more daylight now that we are on a collision course for doom due to human pigs using too much energy and eating at McDonalds far too much.

Werbung:
Because the earth is warming due to us using too much energy, we need to use fewer lights by utilizing daylight when possible.

That is what I have always been told was the reason for daylight savings.

And the reason to push it up to March from April was to capture even more daylight now that we are on a collision course for doom due to human pigs using too much energy and eating at McDonalds far too much.

umm.. OK. So how does setting the clocks back an hour make for more daylight?

umm.. OK. So how does setting the clocks back an hour make for more daylight?

In the fall you fall back so there is more day light toward the end of the day while people are up and using electricity

I don’t buy into it, but there are some who feel like we save money on electricity by doing this. It’s my job to reprogram the clocks in my building so I don’t personally like it. Plus it takes 3 alarm clocks to get me up for work so I really extra don’t like it.

In the fall you fall back so there is more day light toward the end of the day while people are up and using electricity

I don’t buy into it, but there are some who feel like we save money on electricity by doing this. It’s my job to reprogram the clocks in my building so I don’t personally like it. Plus it takes 3 alarm clocks to get me up for work so I really extra don’t like it.

I don't buy into it either.

Setting clocks back would encourage people to stay up later, wouldn't it? Look at the clock, 11:00, Oh oh, time for bed. We have to get up in the morning, after all. 10:00? Oh, we can stay up and watch TV for another hour. That's hardly a saving of electricity.

Seems to me that it would have the opposite effect, if it had any at all.

I don't buy into it either.

Setting clocks back would encourage people to stay up later, wouldn't it? Look at the clock, 11:00, Oh oh, time for bed. We have to get up in the morning, after all. 10:00? Oh, we can stay up and watch TV for another hour. That's hardly a saving of electricity.

Seems to me that it would have the opposite effect, if it had any at all.

Well the idea was probably thought up by a liberal and we both know how that usually works out :)

As a kid I was sure it was the adults way to screw with Halloween. Day light savings always happened the week before halloween so it took a freaking extra hour to get dark at night and I had a bed time :(

Well the idea was probably thought up by a liberal and we both know how that usually works out :)

As a kid I was sure it was the adults way to screw with Halloween. Day light savings always happened the week before halloween so it took a freaking extra hour to get dark at night and I had a bed time :(

Must have been liberal parents, making you go to bed early and all. :D

Daylight savings time has a kind of long and rocky history, starting in WWI. You can read about it here.

Now, that's just sad. Family should always come before politics.

well I don't think my mom likes any of her kids now. Growing up I was the only one she didnt like because I think I reminded her too much of my dad, but these days I dont think she likes anyone.

I wonder if thats why I like and dislike people based on their politics. I could be somewhat like my mom after all. I even like sports teams based on politics. Actors exc..

Crap!! I am going to have to re evaluate myself!!!

well I don't think my mom likes any of her kids now. Growing up I was the only one she didnt like because I think I reminded her too much of my dad, but these days I dont think she likes anyone.

I wonder if thats why I like and dislike people based on their politics. I could be somewhat like my mom after all. I even like sports teams based on politics. Actors exc..

Crap!! I am going to have to re evaluate myself!!!
I have friends of all political stripes.

If they're too sure that they're right and everyone else is wrong, we just talk about something else.

I have friends of all political stripes.

If they're too sure that they're right and everyone else is wrong, we just talk about something else.

All of my friends but two are liberals but most of them can’t talk about politics without getting red in the face and too emotional, some times they even end up crying.

A few of them just absolutely refuse to talk politics unless you agree with them.

I would rather talk politics with someone I totally disagree with than someone I agree with. There is not much to say to someone who fully agrees with you. The weird thing is, they can’t talk religion either...

My two favorite topics!

All of my friends but two are liberals but most of them can’t talk about politics without getting red in the face and too emotional, some times they even end up crying.

A few of them just absolutely refuse to talk politics unless you agree with them.

I would rather talk politics with someone I totally disagree with than someone I agree with. There is not much to say to someone who fully agrees with you. The weird thing is, they can’t talk religion either...

My two favorite topics!

I too love talking politics particularly with lefties.

Hey...where do all the lefties go here at the HOP? It seems they always quit. Pockets is the sole exception and THC too, but he is a mod....so he does not count.

I have found that many libs are not capable of reasonable civilized political debate. They usually resort to screaming hysterically and personal attacks. Just as they do on college campuses and elsewhere, where they disrupt conservative speakers by acting like fools. Conservatives do not try to silence libs. But, libs sure do all they can to silence conservatives.

My wife's closest friend is a commie lib. She stayed with us this past weekend. She disagreed with me that the rich pay most of the income tax and that Bush's wars are not soley responsible for the huge government debt. She actually believes Bush went to war in Iraq for oil. How can you debate someone who is uninformed? She even asked where did I get such information and further stated her information is different. When I showed her the tax rates FROM THE IRS, she still refused to believe it. CRAZY!!!

Werbung:

My two favorite topics!

Which is why I like these forums: You can talk religion and politics with people who disagree with your POV, and if they get red in the face and start to cry, you don't have to see it.

For some reason, there are people who are so sure that they are right and everyone who disagrees with them are wrong that they can't have a rational discussion of either politics or religion.

Back