Why women dont shine?

You guys got it all wrong. Now heres a woman who really shined.

The top female sniper for the USSR during WW2 was this really gorgeous Ukranian girl named Lyudmila Pavlichenko. Dumb name, great girl, by the end of the war she had, get this, 309 little notches on her stock. Which shows you how incredibly effective a good sniper can be over the course of a long mobile war like the Eastern Front, '41-'45. They say Lyudmila found a notebook on the corpse of one of the Wehrmacht snipers she killed that listed more than 500 kills. So she not only took out three companies of enemy troops but by killing this uber-sniper saved Lord knows how many Soviet soldiers.

You could argue that Lyudmila had the combat effectiveness of a battalion.

And what a babe!

LyudmilaPavlichenko1.jpg

Well, we won't get anybody like her any more. So much of what made war worth doing died in '45. That's the Nazis' real crime, if you ask me: they ruined it for everybody except the damn suits.

From now on, women in war is going to be buzzcut Hillarys with pictures of their girlfriends in their cockpits and a sex-bias lawyer waiting for their first disciplinary hearing. It's probably somebody's idea of a good time, but not mine. Just makes me want to move to Eritrea, where men are men and women still fight with babies on their backs.

Werbung:
Oh.

I was sent this link on Myspace.

I thought it would be an intelligent discussion... oops.

One theory that was actually put forth by a feminist (cannot remember her name off the top of my head) is that women are not prone to genius as men are, however they are also not prone to extremes in other ways.

So if we look at it this way, why aren't there more female serial killers? Criminals? Thieves? Rapists? I mean, you're only looking at the positive end of things for men, not the negative.

So does this mean also that women were so subverted, that those who were also evil or were prone to do things that are against the law were not given the chance to "shine" in society as a serial killer as well?

Women as a whole do test higher than men, so on average, women are better. Just perhaps not as prone to extreme genius or extreme violence/stupidity as men?

I mean seriously, could you ever see women doing what the guys in Jackass do? NO. Women are way too smart for that. But for men, it's a rite of passage to do stupid things.

You hang around on myspace mate. Your probably a 13 year old emokid who thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced wrists.

In addition to the everything listed....

Women have babies, and when that is your job you better get it right. I don't have kids, but I do have a Dog and with that alone I find I have much less time to be creative. I would imagine it is 100 times more intense with a child.
It seems to me that any genius women would see the importance of making sure that her child survives to the best life it can. That leaves little room for improving the world at large and I applaud any women who can make a positive difference in anyone's life.

Women need to take the lead, show the world what we can do. I hope through family planing, education, and the workforce that we begin to see more positive additions to society from women. This would jump start the global economy, bring forth new technology, and hopefully improve the world for the betterment of all.

(this is my first post)

So why do you think women are deemed to be oppressed and at the bottom of society. How is it that men came to be "on top"?

Because men are generally stronger, and more apt at keeping their family alive back in a time when you needed a bit of brawn to survive.

So why do you think women are deemed to be oppressed and at the bottom of society. How is it that men came to be "on top"?

Because a long time ago men deemed women as weak because they bore children. Their job included cooking, cleaning, and popping out babies. So then men could climb the business success ladder, while they stayed home. I think that now, men have a bit more respect and SOME even find women heroic because they go throught childbirth.

Werbung:

The obvious answers are that women were given more barriers to success than men throughout most of our most obsessed-about areas of history. Keep in mind that the idea of "great men" is flawed anyway. For any invention you can think of, another inventor exists, usually before or at the same time as the famous one... But that person does not get credit and was not as successful. In truth cultural base (technology, infrastructure, ideas, etc.) contributes more than any "greatness". In any situation, sever "great" individuals will appear but they are limited to the resources their culture provides. Many ideas even come about before they are practically possible.
History is by its nature, being a story made out of the past, biased and flawed.
But even if the playing field were level and our societies not patriarchal, we might have fewer genius women. The X chromosome is more stagnant in mutation than the Y. As a result while men and women are equal on average in IQ... men are much more likely to hover around the poles (really smart or really dumb) than women, who tend more toward average IQ.

Back