19 reasons not to worry about Islamic jihad

USMC the Almighty

From humanevents.com:

*The Lackawanna Six. These Americans of Yemeni descent from upstate New York pleaded guilty in 2003 to training with and providing material support to al-Qaeda. They are locked up for seven to 10 years.

*The Virginia “Jihad” Network’s 11 members had ties to al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and Lashkar-i-Taiba, a terror group that opposes India’s government. Since 2003, they have been imprisoned for conspiring and training to commit terrorist acts.

*Dhiren Barot ran a terror cell that planned to assail the New York Stock Exchange, Prudential’s Newark, New Jersey headquarters, and Washington, D.C.’s World Bank headquarters. Pakistani police found car-bomb plans on Barot’s laptop computer in July 2004. Barot is serving 40 years in a British jail for masterminding what he called a “memorable black day for the enemies of Islam.”

*James Elshafay is serving five years and Shahawar Matin Siraj 30 for endeavoring to blast Manhattan’s Herald Square subway station during the 2004 Republican National Convention.

*Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain -- both Albany, New York mosque leaders -- agreed to help an FBI informant purchase a shoulder-fired grenade launcher to kill a Pakistani diplomat in New York City. Aref and Hossain were convicted of conspiracy, money laundering, and concealing material support to terrorists.

*Also on ice are “shoe bomber” Richard Reid, so-called “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla, and Iyman Faris, who sought acetylene torches to cut the Brooklyn Bridge’s cables and plunge it 119 feet into the East River.

*Among those arrested and awaiting trial are suspected terrorists who allegedly videotaped the U.S. Capitol while preparing to assault it, and others who planned to strike California synagogues. Officials say one cell hoped to hit New Jersey’s Fort Dix Army base, while more aimed to bomb New York’s JFK Airport, Chicago’s Sears Tower, and 10 passenger jets crossing the Atlantic between London and America.

...more yet to be declassified. The simple fact is that Islamic fascism is real. It is a threat and closer to home than most people are comfortable acknowledging.

This thanksgiving, keep in mind those who keep us safe from these fanatics.

Werbung:
This thanksgiving, keep in mind those who keep us safe from these fanatics.
They all have my respect and admiration, even a Jarhead like you;)

My state has been able to welcome home well over a thousand troops home in the last 3 weeks after being deployed for over a year. Including 7 local guard troops from my small town. Huge community event to welcome home our friends and family. Thanksfully all returned home safely to my town, though not all of them did.
I was able to visit with a buddy for awhile. We didnt talk much about the whole thing just yet. But he did tell me it appeared to him the surge was making a difference. The security in the town he was stationed has improved dramatically since June. I really hope things are going to cool off for the long haul in the sandbox.

That's outstanding, Bunz. From everything I've been told the surge thus far has been a resounding success. Consider these statistics: General Raymond Odierno and Iraqi General Abud Qanbar report that since June, terrorist attacks have dropped by 59 percent; casualties from IEDs are down 80%, secterian violence is off by 72%, and the number of killed Iraqi civilians has dropped by 81%.

Werbung:
That's outstanding, Bunz. From everything I've been told the surge thus far has been a resounding success. Consider these statistics: General Raymond Odierno and Iraqi General Abud Qanbar report that since June, terrorist attacks have dropped by 59 percent; casualties from IEDs are down 80%, secterian violence is off by 72%, and the number of killed Iraqi civilians has dropped by 81%.

I am happy to hear it is having an effect. The real question is will it continue through Ramadan. My buddy says the recent downturn in violence is tedius at best. A single event could bring the situation back down to worse than it was. It is up to the Iraqis now ultimately.

Back