1955: "States' Rights" Gets "Terminal"-Diagnosis

Werbung:
Those were the days!
Are you suggesting we go back to the days of segregation?!!

I wont buy into that line of reasoning at this or really any point. Segregation is the most unAmerican policy we have had since slavery.

Are you suggesting we go back to the days of segregation?!!

I wont buy into that line of reasoning at this or really any point. Segregation is the most unAmerican policy we have had since slavery.
When you suggested Those were the days!....I was hearing The good ol' days!

If it was sarcasm, you were suggesting.....I apologize.

In an effort at sarcasm, I'd have said: "Those were the days!" (...with the appropriate -> :rolleyes: )

"A black woman has been arrested by police in Montgomery, Alabama, after refusing to give up her seat on the bus to a white person."

Your assertion is that the law would have never changed without the federal government overriding states' rights. You are wrong.

You probably also believe that slavery would have never ended without a war, yet the United States and Haiti were the only two countries in the world that had to have a war to end it. Every other country ended slavery peacefully.

Your assertion is that the law would have never changed without the federal government overriding states' rights. You are wrong.
Gee.....whatta strong-argumentyou pose. :rolleyes:

I guess you forgot to tell me why I was wrong. :rolleyes:

You probably also believe that slavery would have never ended without a war, yet the United States and Haiti were the only two countries in the world that had to have a war to end it. Every other country ended slavery peacefully.
First-of-all, you don't know what I believe.....secondly, the Civil War was more-about the big shift (in this country) of political-influence; from agricultural-influence to corporate-influence. The industrial-North (Corporate-America) was taking-over!

I do think that the fed. gov. speeded it up immensley, mostly under Johnson in recent times, but he went too fast and the South didn't like it, but thats just what I learnt on this side of the Atlantic.

I do think that the fed. gov. speeded it up immensley, mostly under Johnson in recent times, but he went too fast and the South didn't like it, but thats just what I learnt on this side of the Atlantic.
"When the Democrats pushed for civil rights, the Republicans reaped the political benefits of a Southern white backlash. The only Democratic presidential candidate after 1956 to solidly carry the Deep South was President Jimmy Carter in the 1976 election."

Werbung:
Back