46% of Republicans in Mississippi want interracial marriage banned.

After visiting the website for Public Policy Polling, I have no choice but to conclude that its main purpose is to conduct hatchet jobs on Republicans.

The seperate poll of non-Republican voters in Mississippi did not ask the interracial marraige question. There is a poll of Southern sociological opinions that asks the Civil War question and asks voters of all parties from NC and GA the interracial marraige question, but curiously omits that question from the poll of MS voters.

Here is a list of all polls conducted by PPP from their own website. I found so many problems with their methods that I'm not even going to start picking them apart. Read the poll questions, read the demographic data at the end of the polls, and then judge for yourself.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/surveys.asp?@spdT=ECF791E062CD404AAB75

There are two types of polling. The real polls that politicians and some others use in order to properly gauge public opinion before they craft their message, and the type that is released to the public in order to sway public opinion. PPP clearly produces the second type of poll.

does not asking Dems teh same question, mean republicans did not respond the way stated? at best all we would find out is that the whole state is just really racist...but would not change how republicans responded...just mean that its time to push the state off into the sea and call it a day.

Werbung:
This is an example of an all-too-often typical poll that is based on subjective questioning, cross-sectional bias, and a defined pre-determined desired result.

The liberals LOVE these types of polls. Dishonesty and hypocrisy are badges of honor to most liberals. I submit PFOS and Stalin as perfect examples.

does not asking Dems teh same question, mean republicans did not respond the way stated?

When you combine the fact that non-Republicans were not asked the question with the fact that the company falsely tried to appear impartial by claiming that they had asked the same question of other groups, and that the age statistics for the Republican poll were a little odd (68% of respondants were age 46 or older, with 32% being over the age of 65), then yes, I have to say that Republicans did not respond as stated. Some older people may have responded that way, but given the lengths the company went to to produce this result I'd have to say that their 46% figure means absolutely nothing.

at best all we would find out is that the whole state is just really racist...

This could be, but I doubt it. Even if this is the case, PPP didn't state this. They reported Republicans, and only Republicans, as holding that belief and in order to be able to report that they had to talk to a larger number of older people then they had in the other polls listed on their website.

This is an obvious smear-job.

does not asking Dems teh same question, mean republicans did not respond the way stated? at best all we would find out is that the whole state is just really racist...but would not change how republicans responded...just mean that its time to push the state off into the sea and call it a day.

The point is that if 46% of Republicans in Mississippi want interracial marriage banned, but we have no idea what percentage of Democrats and independents have the same opinion, then are we supposed to believe that racism is peculiar to Republicans? The implication is that Democrats are somehow different, but there is no evidence that is so.

How do we know that the percent of Democrats isn't a lot higher?

No, this poll set out to try to imply that Republicans are racist. Any poll that sets out to prove a point, then leaves out key information is good only as propaganda.

The point is that if 46% of Republicans in Mississippi want interracial marriage banned, but we have no idea what percentage of Democrats and independents have the same opinion, then are we supposed to believe that racism is peculiar to Republicans? The implication is that Democrats are somehow different, but there is no evidence that is so.

How do we know that the percent of Democrats isn't a lot higher?

No, this poll set out to try to imply that Republicans are racist. Any poll that sets out to prove a point, then leaves out key information is good only as propaganda.

I agree with you, it would be interesting to see a similar poll targeting just Democrats and then one targeting just black people since the implication is that the Repubs and Demos are just white folks.

I agree with you, it would be interesting to see a similar poll targeting just Democrats and then one targeting just black people since the implication is that the Repubs and Demos are just white folks.

Yes, or how about asking a random sample of citizens, regardless of whatever group they belong to, then breaking it out to x% of Democrats, x% of Republicans, x% of whites, x% of blacks, etc. That would be quite revealing.

Mississippi is unique among Southern states. It is miserably poor, the major cities in Mississippi and not actually in Mississippi (New Orleans and Memphis) and there is more racial hatred there than in any other part of our country.

Of course they are against interracial marriages: the children of any Black parent are Black, and that means one step closer to Whites being a minority.

In the words of Nina Simone: Mississippi, God Damn!

I still admire Faulkner and Eudora Welty: there are good people in Mississippi.

Werbung:
Mississippi is unique among Southern states. It is miserably poor, the major cities in Mississippi and not actually in Mississippi (New Orleans and Memphis) and there is more racial hatred there than in any other part of our country.
What causes poverty in America? Government watch groups have pointed that childhood poverty has doubled in 2 years since Biden took office. Can we blame Biden partly for that or must we keep on blaming Trump to appease the disgruntled leftists with aversions to the truth?

What about poverty in Mississippi? Is the government not spending enough on the poor in Mississippi? Can we as a nation buy our way out of poverty by borrowing more money?

Here is a list of the 10 poorest municipalities in Mississippi. Of the ten mayors of those towns 8 are black, two are white, and 9 are Democrats. Can we assume that the makeup of leadership in poor towns contributes to poverty in those towns?

The 10 Poorest Places In Mississippi For 2024:​

1. Yazoo City
  2. Natchez
  3. Meridian
  4. Clarksdale
  5. Greenville
  6. Louisville
  7. Canton
  8. Brookhaven
  9. West Point
  10. Laurel

Back