76%

Gipper

76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck

Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.

Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.

One would think this would be a big story...but not in a America turned upside down.
Some think this means Americans are not saving, but spending. And that might be somewhat correct. However it likely means many of these Americans with no net worth, CAN'T save any money because they can't make ends meet with what they make.

Werbung:
Better than being hugely in debt, surely, which is where you were before? As were we, and all the other mugs. If the very rich grab everything, the only way their system can work is on debt for the mugs.

Not much information in the article but it did mention that the savings rate is unchaged over the lsdt 3yrs.

i didnt find this surprising at all.

People don't know how to budget anymore. We were taught in high school how to manage personal finances. Having very frugal parents who didn't use credit to live on also helped.

One would think this would be a big story...but not in a America turned upside down.
Some think this means Americans are not saving, but spending. And that might be somewhat correct. However it likely means many of these Americans with no net worth, CAN'T save any money because they can't make ends meet with what they make.

I'd wager this could be dramatically reduced if people set up and stuck to a budget.

I would love to see most CEO's go a month on the budget of there lowest paid worker...and also get sick that month with no health care. I bet they could not even figure out a budget as they would have no idea of real world costs.

Why just CEO's? Why not politicians too? Has it ever occured to you that CEOs can't screw you, but politicians and their army of bureacrats can. Are you completely unaware that the political class is extraordinarly wealthy AND POWERFUL. Take your beloved Nancy Pelosi for example....or Diane Finstein. Both have used their political posistions to enrich themselves...just as pols of both parties have been doing for a long long time...but you stay focused on those evil CEOs...Okay?:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

I would love to see most CEO's go a month on the budget of there lowest paid worker...and also get sick that month with no health care. I bet they could not even figure out a budget as they would have no idea of real world costs.

You should make your budget based on what your actually earn....not what you wish you earned, or what others wish you earned.

Can United States Citizens Fight Government and Win? Yes, Let's Quit Paying Taxes and Occupy Prison

You should make your budget based on what your actually earn....not what you wish you earned, or what others wish you earned.

my point is that if the rich pricks had any clue what its like to budget on what they pay there workers...they would be ashamed of themself...if they actually where able to feel shame. And by that mark, we should just tell the poor not to go to school anymore...after all its just not in the budget for them to go to school. Education is for the rich.

Werbung:
Back