988 suicide hotline number is stupid.

Stray Bullet

So that golfer killed himself and the news anchor is all like doing that bullshit at the end of the story saying “if you know anyone suffering mental illness tell them to call this number” as if it’s legally required to say or something. It’s just society’s way of not actually caring but still putting something out there that doesn’t work so they can feel good about themselves. I’ve literally talked to that number before when I was feeling depressed and it was an awful experience.

Werbung:
nothing there implies it is legally required, nor have I ever met anyone who thinks that. what a stupid statement. duh

The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, offers 24/7 call, text and chat access to trained crisis counselors who can help people experiencing suicidal, substance use, and/or mental health crisis, or any other kind of emotional distress. People can also call, text or chat 988 if they are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support.

so your one experience means it doesn't work?

Yes, the 988 Lifeline works. Numerous studies have shown that most Lifeline callers are significantly more likely to feel less depressed, less suicidal, less overwhelmed, and more hopeful after speaking to a Lifeline crisis counselor. 988 Lifeline crisis counselors are trained to help reduce the intensity of a situation for the person seeking help and connect them to additional local resources, as needed, to support their wellbeing.

About 98% of people who reach out to the 988 Lifeline are helped by the crisis counselor, resources shared, or community connections made (without involvement of 911) during the call, text, or chat.

based on your posts here, you have an awful experience with everything in life. I dont think the problem is them, its you.

nothing there implies it is legally required, nor have I ever met anyone who thinks that. what a stupid statement. duh

The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, offers 24/7 call, text and chat access to trained crisis counselors who can help people experiencing suicidal, substance use, and/or mental health crisis, or any other kind of emotional distress. People can also call, text or chat 988 if they are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support.

so your one experience means it doesn't work?

Yes, the 988 Lifeline works. Numerous studies have shown that most Lifeline callers are significantly more likely to feel less depressed, less suicidal, less overwhelmed, and more hopeful after speaking to a Lifeline crisis counselor. 988 Lifeline crisis counselors are trained to help reduce the intensity of a situation for the person seeking help and connect them to additional local resources, as needed, to support their wellbeing.

About 98% of people who reach out to the 988 Lifeline are helped by the crisis counselor, resources shared, or community connections made (without involvement of 911) during the call, text, or chat.

based on your posts here, you have an awful experience with everything in life. I dont think the problem is them, its you.
A lot of that reads like it was copied and pasted. I really don’t see how it can help anyone. The counselors are all shallow and act like AI. And if it didn’t work, as I believe, I’m almost certain the media and the establishment wouldn’t tell the truth about it. Society loves shallow and easy fixes to deep and complicated stuff.

A lot of that reads like it was copied and pasted. I really don’t see how it can help anyone. The counselors are all shallow and act like AI. And if it didn’t work, as I believe, I’m almost certain the media and the establishment wouldn’t tell the truth about it. Society loves shallow and easy fixes to deep and complicated stuff.

yes, of course its copied and pasted, from people knowledgable about the subject. My personal opinion on a national program wouldn't be credible.

here are some studies for ya to read if you want to educate yourself instead of merely posting your own opinion (which along with mine has zero credibility too)

yes, of course its copied and pasted, from people knowledgable about the subject. My personal opinion on a national program wouldn't be credible.

here are some studies for ya to read if you want to educate yourself instead of merely posting your own opinion (which along with mine has zero credibility too)

Studies are conducted by elites mostly to set a narrative.

and you are right that suicide is a "deep and complicated subject", but that doesn't mean that efforts like this can't be of value. And its not the only resource for people, "society" has provided other resources like emergency room psych departments, mental health counselors etc.

Studies are conducted by elites mostly to set a narrative.

studies are done by "elites"? lol. whatever that means. Elite..bankers? elite..researchers? elite..athletes?
well i hope they are done by elite researchers, that would be awesome!
but feel free to show how they aren't valid.

studies are done by "elites"? lol. whatever that means. Elite..bankers? elite..researchers? elite..athletes?
well i hope they are done by elite researchers, that would be awesome!
but feel free to show how they aren't valid.
The media and elites lie almost 100% of the time about what’s happening in Gaza. You don’t think they’d lie about the suicide hotline’s rate of success or anything else really?

By the way I was once depressed but not really anymore. But it’s why I understand it better for people who have it and I would never use it against anybody to win an argument or make a point. A lot of times so called sympathizers turn into bullies when they get called out on their bullshit.

The media and elites lie almost 100% of the time about what’s happening in Gaza. You don’t think they’d lie about the suicide hotline’s rate of success or anything else really?

the studies are out there for anyone to see. they aren't being done by "the elites" and "the media".
so no i have no reason to think anyone is "lying" about them, do you have any evidence they are? gaza has nothing to do with scholarly studies. duh

By the way I was once depressed but not really anymore. But it’s why I understand it better for people who have it and I would never use it against anybody to win an argument or make a point. A lot of times so called sympathizers turn into bullies when they get called out on their bullshit.
i am glad you are past your issue, depression is a huge problem

So that golfer killed himself and the news anchor is all like doing that bullshit at the end of the story saying “if you know anyone suffering mental illness tell them to call this number” as if it’s legally required to say or something. It’s just society’s way of not actually caring but still putting something out there that doesn’t work so they can feel good about themselves. I’ve literally talked to that number before when I was feeling depressed and it was an awful experience.
So as far as we know 988 has kept you alive

the studies are out there for anyone to see. they aren't being done by "the elites" and "the media".
so no i have no reason to think anyone is "lying" about them, do you have any evidence they are? gaza has nothing to do with scholarly studies. duh
I think everyone should see it for themselves. Contact the hotline and see how it really is. You don’t have to be suicidal. You can be depressed. So they don’t call the cops to rescue you or anything as soon as you dial it. Really see what’s being put out there for people for yourself rather than believing what the media and “studies” say about it.

Werbung:
I think everyone should see it for themselves. Contact the hotline and see how it really is. You don’t have to be suicidal. You can be depressed. So they don’t call the cops to rescue you or anything as soon as you dial it. Really see what’s being put out there for people for yourself rather than believing what the media and “studies” say about it.

so if i'm not depressed i should call and see if they help a problem I don't have? lol

Back