A Quick Note From The Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyo476

We've been recieving some flak lately and I just wanted to clarify a few points.

1. People from other forums are perfectly welcome here - so long as they're here to be here and not just for the sake of their other site. That's why we don't let non-staff have links in their signatures. No one likes spam.

2. Please, please try to contain the number of threads you start. If you start a thread about, say, Israel, that starts with an article or other outside source, and then a few days later you find another article or outside source, don't post a new thread. Post to the previous thread. This isn't a rule, it's a request; it keeps things from getting cluttered.

3. It is a rule that if you post an article you must also post your own thoughts with it. Again, we're just trying to prevent clutter. And spam. No one wants spam.

4. You should all be aware that it is our interpretation that rampant racism is a violation of the original forum rules. THIS APPLIES TO ANTI-SEMITISM. Note that there is a difference between being anti-semitic and being anti-Israel. One is racial; one is political. While we want to encourage people to partake in discussion on a wide variety of topics, racist conspiracy theories and neo-Nazi propaganda are too far. There are other places on the internet for that kind of thing, places where people actually care. If you have a problem with this policy, you have three options: 1) Just deal with it, 2) Send one of us a message complaining about it and then just deal with it, or 3) Leave. Finally, please note that while you can send us your complaints about how things are run, this doesn't necessarily mean we're going to act on them. It'd take a lot more than one person yelling his head off over "mistreatment" to get us to change the way things are run here.

5. Happy holidays. :D

Werbung:
You mods a doing a good job with those pimplefaced racist rejects typing away furiously in their parent's basements....sad lot.

That's mostly been USMC and 9sub who've had to deal with them, as I haven't been around more than a few times in the last couple weeks.

In other news, I turned 20 the other day.

That's mostly been USMC and 9sub who've had to deal with them, as I haven't been around more than a few times in the last couple weeks.

In other news, I turned 20 the other day.

Me too, the other day about 45 years ago. Congratulations.

That's what I want for my next birthday - to be 20 again.:D

I'll second the no anti semitic crap rule too.

Yup. I'm only twenty. Let's see...although I was alive for both I don't remember the Wall coming down or the Soviet Union collapsing, I was in the third grade when Clinton was reelected (the first national election I have any memory of), I was in the seventh grade and still a year away from my first major US history course during the 2000 election, and I was in 8th grade at art class for 9/11. Actually, that art class was just where I heard about it; the school had put out a memo banning radio and television usage that day to keep the students from finding out before they could give us enough of the facts to prevent a panic. They shouldn't have bothered. When the news eventually leaked anyway I remember hearing someone say that it was "kinda funny" seeing a big building like the WTC with a gaping hole in it. In retrospect I wish I'd punched the guy in the nose, but at the time I just told him he was a sick bastard.

So yeah...I'm only 20.

Werbung:
Yup. I'm only twenty. Let's see...although I was alive for both I don't remember the Wall coming down or the Soviet Union collapsing, I was in the third grade when Clinton was reelected (the first national election I have any memory of), I was in the seventh grade and still a year away from my first major US history course during the 2000 election, and I was in 8th grade at art class for 9/11. Actually, that art class was just where I heard about it; the school had put out a memo banning radio and television usage that day to keep the students from finding out before they could give us enough of the facts to prevent a panic. They shouldn't have bothered. When the news eventually leaked anyway I remember hearing someone say that it was "kinda funny" seeing a big building like the WTC with a gaping hole in it. In retrospect I wish I'd punched the guy in the nose, but at the time I just told him he was a sick bastard.

So yeah...I'm only 20.

that day was great. It was like a two-course dessert. First there was the towers falling down in slo-mo, over and over. Which was really, really beautiful. Don't tell me you didn't watch them fall about a million times in a row. And secondly it was like permission to work out on whoever did it. Total permission. Total complete permission to do anything you want to them, like a movie that starts with the hero getting his farm burnt down or somebody killing his family.

The best war is when you can hate both sides, and that's how it was with the WTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back