Why does Israel do what it does?

A lot of people felt sorry for the Jews after the Holocaust. But not many people feel sorry for Israel now. But guilt and remorse were the main reasons they were given that land - which is now the flashpoint in the Middle East.

Jews have had to fight for their land, no one has given it to them. And if somebody had given it, why dont you condemn the Palestinians and the Arab nations for trying to take it from them? MARK

Werbung:
Jews have had to fight for their land, no one has given it to them. And if somebody had given it, why dont you condemn the Palestinians and the Arab nations for trying to take it from them? MARK

No, people who didn't have the right to dish out land gave it to them. Maybe you should give back the southern states to Mexico and see how you feel, because Australia told you to.

No, people who didn't have the right to dish out land gave it to them. Maybe you should give back the southern states to Mexico and see how you feel, because Australia told you to.

I would say nobody gave us this land, we had to fight for it. I would tell australia to kiss off ya limey bloats. Much like the Israelis scoff at the idea that they should give the land back to the Arabs. MARK

I would say nobody gave us this land, we had to fight for it. I would tell australia to kiss off ya limey bloats. Much like the Israelis scoff at the idea that they should give the land back to the Arabs. MARK

And Palestine had to fight for their land hundreds of years ago, and have inhabited it ever since. Then America comes along, and tells them they have to give it back because they used to live there and that its part of the Jewish religion, but not theirs. You've reacted in the same way as a Palestinian getting his land taken away.

And Palestine had to fight for their land hundreds of years ago, and have inhabited it ever since. Then America comes along, and tells them they have to give it back because they used to live there and that its part of the Jewish religion, but not theirs. You've reacted in the same way as a Palestinian getting his land taken away.

Za-zing!

To add to this outstanding point by 9sublime, I'd just like to point out that, just as the Palestinians didn't originally have any right to conquer the land which they currently inhabit, America similarly had no right to conquer the land to the west of its original borders. The Mexican War was a complete sham set up as a political device by James Polk and, in the aftermath, we took all over their territory north of the Rio Grande - which had absolutely nothing to do with the alleged reasons the American government went to war with Mexico in the first place.

The land that is presently israel was a swamp hundreds of years ago. And the only people that could be considered occupants were nomadic bedowin who occasionally got close enough to get malaria. The palestinians are a non people. If they have a claim to any nationality, it would be jordanian since jordan now occupies over 70% of the land that was set aside as the palestinian mandate.

Odd that they don't complain about arabs refusing them entry into the land that is rightfully theirs.

Odd that they don't complain about arabs refusing them entry into the land that is rightfully theirs.

You continually drag this up. It doesn't matter what Jordan are doing, Israel are doing it too. Its like two men raping a woman, but the woman only presses charges on one of the men. It doesn't excuse either of them.

And Jordan don't launch indiscriminate attacks on civillians like Israel does, stooping to the very level of tactics the terrorists in Palestine resort to.

The land that is presently israel was a swamp hundreds of years ago. And the only people that could be considered occupants were nomadic bedowin who occasionally got close enough to get malaria. The palestinians are a non people. If they have a claim to any nationality, it would be jordanian since jordan now occupies over 70% of the land that was set aside as the palestinian mandate.

In 638 the Muslims conquered the area now known as Israel. It has been a homeland for Muslims ever since.

As for this rubbish about Jordan occupying 70% of the Mandate of Palestine...technically that's true. However, the "Mandate of Palestine" originally included two districts - one of which, called "Palestine," roughly formed the borders of what Israel would morph into (minus Gaza). The two districts had very different national identities, even if they were technically organized together.

"You continually drag this up. It doesn't matter what Jordan are doing, Israel are doing it too. Its like two men raping a woman, but the woman only presses charges on one of the men. It doesn't excuse either of them.

And Jordan don't launch indiscriminate attacks on civillians like Israel does, stooping to the very level of tactics the terrorists in Palestine resort to."
--Beautifully spoken (well...typed)!!!!

A lot of people felt sorry for the Jews after the Holocaust. But not many people feel sorry for Israel now. But guilt and remorse were the main reasons they were given that land - which is now the flashpoint in the Middle East.
I'm not sure how that factors into the current situation. All of the Israeli's that are able to defend Israel now were most likely born after May 14, 1948 so the whole guilt and remorse thing probably means squat to them. Yes, it is a flashpoint now and I would expect Israel to do what is necessary to crush those that would attempt to burn them out of existence.

This is nothing new. Bordering states have already tried this with armies and failed. However, now the enemy hides like cowards behind civilians sending their wolves in cloaked as sheep. All the while the world watches and waits for that arrant bomb or missile to kill civilians so Hamas or Hezbollah can gasp at the "savagery" of Israeli tactics and bask in the UN's condemnation of it.

All I need to do is briefly glance at the Hamas charter or review Arafat pissing on Clinton's attempts to bring about some sense of peace to this mess and I can easily place every single Palestinian death squarely on the shoulders of their own leaders who have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent it.

-Castle

I'm not sure how that factors into the current situation. All of the Israeli's that are able to defend Israel now were most likely born after May 14, 1948 so the whole guilt and remorse thing probably means squat to them. Yes, it is a flashpoint now and I would expect Israel to do what is necessary to crush those that would attempt to burn them out of existence.

This is nothing new. Bordering states have already tried this with armies and failed. However, now the enemy hides like cowards behind civilians sending their wolves in cloaked as sheep. All the while the world watches and waits for that arrant bomb or missile to kill civilians so Hamas or Hezbollah can gasp at the "savagery" of Israeli tactics and bask in the UN's condemnation of it.

All I need to do is briefly glance at the Hamas charter or review Arafat pissing on Clinton's attempts to bring about some sense of peace to this mess and I can easily place every single Palestinian death squarely on the shoulders of their own leaders who have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent it.

-Castle

thats Baloney. The Israelis hide their weapons factory's behind Civilians too.

Werbung:
thats Baloney. The Israelis hide their weapons factory's behind Civilians too.
Do you mistakenly assume I am new?
When was the last time Hezbollah or Hamas launched an attack that killed Israeli civilians simply because of their close proximity to a weapons plant?!!

They would much rather slaughter civies then hit an Isreali weapons plant anyhow.

-Castle

Back