A Real Hero

I did not derail this story.

The other side of the story needs to be told.

To my knowledge, no US official, military or not, has ever apologised to the Vietnamses people for the horrors inflicted on them.

For the Vietnamese, the war is over and part of the past.

For the US, the war is still being fought as the 2004 election showed.

Comrade Stalin

I think that you are being very rude for hijacking this thread when someone was attempting to honor a friend. If you wanted to honor a Vietnamese soldier that died honorably then go for it, but your generalizations are just out of place in this thread.

Oh, by the way, did the Russians apologize to the South Vietnamese for their part in the war? Let's not count out their atrocities. One more thing, you do realize that Stalin was a sociopath who killed tens of millions of his own people? He also killed more Jews and Poles than Hitler.

Werbung:
Oh, by the way, did the Russians apologize to the South Vietnamese for their part in the war?

Why should they ?

South Vietnam was a fiction maintained by the imperialist aggression of France and the US. Soviet ( not Russian ) troops did not fight in the South, to my knowledge.

The USSR did provide aircraft and arms to support the comrades in the North.

The North of course had more bombs dropped on it than WW2.

No I am afraid that the US military got off lightly for their amoral behaviour in Vietnam and if you think that I am being rude, it is just as well that you did not read what I really think.

It's about time that US citizens stopped this blind love affair with their armed forces and started seeing it for what it really is - capitalism's iron fist.

Comrade Stalin.

...the other side of this story would have to have been told by someone from the opposition {Enemy Fighter} who was there at the time!

No it would not.

In fact, the Vietnam War was covered by many journalists who faithfully reported the lies and atrocities.

The Pentagon did not make the same mistake when it came to the Gulf adventures in 1990 and 2003. The media was censored and restricted.

Comrade Stalin

Oh, by the way, did the Russians apologize to the South Vietnamese for their part in the war? Let's not count out their atrocities.
You Joe McCarthy fans are tooooooooooooooooooo amusing.

It was the Russians who'd committed Chinese-regulars to "the fight", huh?

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Back