Abstinence-Only Education works

How about we talk to our kids about Abstinence and Safer Sex then? Like I said parents need to lead the charge on this one. I mean it shouldn't be left to our public and private school systems to just teach them about such subjects.

But unless you plan to home school (and I would if I could) the school is going to fill the kids with condoms = safe sex exc. so we have to fix the school problem as well as do the talking at home.

I have some friends who are not comfortable with the topic so they have asked me to help teach them about that sort of stuff. That is also an option for parents who are not comfortable with the topic. They can find a trusted friend who can do it for them. But the schools need to be fixed, they give misleading information.

Werbung:
Thats a sad story and that she believed it later is even sadder

but again I am not against teaching teens (with parent consent) about various birth control, I am against calling it safe.

They should be told all the risks.

condoms will not protect you againt herpies and there is no cure for herpies, condoms will not protect you against crabs and may or may not protect you against HIV exc.... but that its far better to use a condom if you are going to have sex than not to use a condom at all.

My mother got pregnant with me on the pill and my dad wore a condom :) so I am living proof neither make for safe sex.

Thats why they called it safer sex not safe.. They always said its not foolproof but if you are going to, its better then nothing....

Oh I did and I do. I did with my son and I do with my daughter

They know all the risks. I send my daughter to school but have to fix half the crud they filled her head with everyday when she comes home. I had to do the same with my son. School is mostly good for learning social skills. Education should be taught at home.

Go talk to a large group of parents...when you figure out how little most know...you will think again.

I don't want my parents teaching me math, they sucked at math I want someone who is good at math, to teach me...

Go talk to a large group of parents...when you figure out how little most know...you will think again.

I don't want my parents teaching me math, they sucked at math I want someone who is good at math, to teach me...

Anything you dont do well you would not want to teach. I take my daughter to a tutor for math the rest I can do at home. She learns things at school too but the important stuff she learns at home or through her sports team.

This situation would not work for every parent, no one thing works for everyone.

Anything you dont do well you would not want to teach. I take my daughter to a tutor for math the rest I can do at home. She learns things at school too but the important stuff she learns at home or through her sports team.

This situation would not work for every parent, no one thing works for everyone.

Problem is, who can realy teach with all or even most subjects for a kid and have them get a well rounded view of any of them...if the only teacher they have is the same ...they will only be able to learn what that one person can teach them. With this, comes a social cast system where its very hard to ever get to be more then your parents...

That said, if one can do it, and chooses, and takes care to get help ...I sm sure it works for some...but I think for the vast majority your looking at a horrible system. I have meet a few kids who where homeschooled....a few where basicly normal..the the majority where more or less social misfits or very ignorant of just normal evryday things...

Problem is, who can realy teach with all or even most subjects for a kid and have them get a well rounded view of any of them...if the only teacher they have is the same ...they will only be able to learn what that one person can teach them. With this, comes a social cast system where its very hard to ever get to be more then your parents...

That said, if one can do it, and chooses, and takes care to get help ...I sm sure it works for some...but I think for the vast majority your looking at a horrible system. I have meet a few kids who where homeschooled....a few where basicly normal..the the majority where more or less social misfits or very ignorant of just normal evryday things...

I do not think home schooling means that all a child learns they learn from one parent and in the house and that is it. I guess some parents might think of it that way and that is too bad.

When you teach kids at home you are sure they are getting the information they need but that can also mean taking your child to tutors who know more about the topic than you. I think a good parent will expose their kids to the world and all of its stupidity then teach the child about that stupidity.

I think it is good my daughter goes to school if for nothing else to be exposed to some of the stupidity, then she comes home to tell me about the new dumb things she was told and I can tell her the other side of the issue the school neglected to teach.

It's funny that you would take this tack in light of the fact that the most conservative part of the country--the South and the Bible Belt--have the highest rates of divorce and children out of wedlock, not to mention the highest rates of domestic violence. Massachusetts and Vermont however, which have been considered bastions of liberalism, have some of the lowest rates of these activities. Hmmm, have you been pulling your ideas out of Gipper's *ss?

My Sweet Mare, why must you be so graphic? We both know you can't wait to get your hands on my behind...again, but please lets use some decorum here and try to contain your lusting heart, though I love it so....

The stats you cite are meaningless. You are trying to claim that because New England is liberal and has lower rates of this behavior and the conservative South more, that we should be teaching our kids how to have sex in grade school. Is that correct? If so, once again your "condition" effects your ability to reason.

Love & Kisses
xxxooo

My Sweet Mare, why must you be so graphic? We both know you can't wait to get your hands on my behind...again, but please lets use some decorum here and try to contain your lusting heart, though I love it so....

The stats you cite are meaningless. You are trying to claim that because New England is liberal and has lower rates of this behavior and the conservative South more, that we should be teaching our kids how to have sex in grade school. Is that correct? If so, once again your "condition" effects your ability to reason.

Love & Kisses
xxxooo

I think that abstinence only education is silly, we should tell the kids the truth, all of it. Teach about the dangers, explain how to deal with them as best we can, and certainly advocate abstemious behavior. We need to use all the approaches we have available, but leave the preaching to the parents and the churches--schools are not qualified to preach.

Teach kids to have sex in grade school? No, not at all, and I never suggested anything that would imply such a stance. Do you exaggerate much? Can you make a point without the verbal histrionics? My statistical examples were intended to point out that if the religious approach was the best way, then Bible Belt would be a more effective chastity belt than it has proven to be.

Your smarmy attempt to speak down to me if pretty funny.:D My only interest in your behind is attempting to pull your head out of it.:)

I think that abstinence only education is silly, we should tell the kids the truth, all of it. Teach about the dangers, explain how to deal with them as best we can, and certainly advocate abstemious behavior. We need to use all the approaches we have available, but leave the preaching to the parents and the churches--schools are not qualified to preach.

Teach kids to have sex in grade school? No, not at all, and I never suggested anything that would imply such a stance. Do you exaggerate much? Can you make a point without the verbal histrionics? My statistical examples were intended to point out that if the religious approach was the best way, then Bible Belt would be a more effective chastity belt than it has proven to be.

Your smarmy attempt to speak down to me if pretty funny.:D My only interest in your behind is attempting to pull your head out of it.:)

Mare My Sweet, you seem obsessed with my most magnificent hind end. But, please refrain from speaking of my posterior again. I think others are are getting disgusted with your infatuation.

Again sorry but I must dispute your conclusion. There are too many variables involved with people in the South versus the Northeast. You cherry pick a couple differences and make a huge conclusion. This is not proper logical thinking. Sort of like concluding MA is a liberal state, so they will always elect Dem senators.

For centuries abstinence worked quite well, until the lib dopers from the 60's f'ed everything up. And, promoting and teaching abstinence would reduce the need to baby killing, which I find abhorrent and you do not.

And I would never talk down to you...Cupcake.:D

Gipper said: For centuries abstinence worked quite well, until the lib dopers from the 60's f'ed everything up. And, promoting and teaching abstinence would reduce the need to baby killing, which I find abhorrent and you do not.

Oh, my dear, dear little man...just exactly where do you get your wealth of misinformation? Where exactly would those wee-little snippets of false information be coming from?

You do understand about the 'BABY BOOMER GENERATION'...circa after/during WWII all those troops come marching home from the war...lots of unwed mothers just got shipped off to some quiet little retreat for a 'REST' and then returned home as if nothing happened. But you being a GOOD SOLID CHRISTIAN MAN wouldn't know or understand about those young ladies who were being told what they wanted to hear but were left waiting at the mail box for any news from that good G.I.Joe dude!

What's wrong with attaching a social stigma to having a child out of wedlock?

There used to be and it worked. It worked for divorced people too and other things.

I think instead of a welfare check they should have to work at some public building 8 hours a day 5 days a week, miss a day of work and you miss a day of pay. But you also get work experience in the bargan.

Werbung:
169610025v7_350x350_Front_Color-Navy.jpg

Back