Al Gore Lies About Gloabl Warming Scandal

Mr Sheepish - I see what you referenced.

manipulating data because they were ignoring the tree-ring data and using more accurate methods of measuring temperature instead.

I didn't suggest that we should pick tree rings over thermometer readings.
But if tree samples were available then use them. Note Briffa had more trees available, but choose to ignore them.

Thermometer readings would be preferred if all the data came from thermometer.

It would be faulty science to needlessly mix tree rings with thermometer readings in the same study. But that is what the Global Warming Hoaxers were doing to create a result that fit their agenda. Then they hid the fact, because they knew it looks bad on both counts.

So three errors were commited by the CRU political scientists in this case you reference.

1) Mixing apples with oranges is bad science
2) Hiding the fact they mixed apples with oranges is devious.
3) Mixing apples and oranges to create a desired result is bad science.

Next case please!

Why would mixing tree ring data with thermometer readings be mixing apples and oranges? If known temperatures can be compared to tree growth in historic times, then the temperatures of prehistoric times can be extrapolated from tree ring data, even from ancient trees that have become petrified. Add to that the analysis of pollen found in air bubbles trapped in ice core samples, and you can get a pretty good idea of the history of earth's temperatures over time based on the kinds of plants that prevailed. How else are we to know what the average temperature of the Earth might have been before the invention of the thermometer?

Werbung:
PLC1 wrote -
How else are we to know what the average temperature of the Earth might have been before the invention of the thermometer?

Ice samples are used and we don't see scientists mixing ice samples with tree samples in the same study.
Tree rings suggest temperature patterns, thermometers measure absolute temperature.
Apples and Oranges.

PLC1 wrote -

Ice samples are used and we don't see scientists mixing ice samples with tree samples in the same study.
Tree rings suggest temperature patterns, thermometers measure absolute temperature.
Apples and Oranges.

well considering they cherrypicked trees and thermometers that agreed with their intended conclusions, maybe its rotten apples to rotten apples ?

Yet I saw that idiot from the New York Slimes, Thomas L. Friedman...you know the fool who wrote the totally bogus books "The World is Flat" and "Hot, Flat, and Crowded." He is such a fraud but he sure has made a lot of money off those books. Of course, he completely discounts climategate.

Like Algore, he is making way too much money off of DF liberals to stop now.

FRIEDMAN: Well, clearly, the skeptics and deniers are saying to use these e-mails to say all the research is wrong. Let’s see, all the research, from all the research centers in the world, built up over 50 years, is wrong? Because a couple of climate scientists talking to each other in private- you know, based on statements that they probably wished they had rephrased- sorry, Wolf, I don’t buy it....I’m disappointed with the language they [the scientists who wrote the leaked ClimateGate e-mails] used...But I’m not focused on them. Wolf. I’m focused on the fact that we know for the last 1,000 years- okay, that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has stayed steady. We also know since the Industrial Revolution, it suddenly spiked, and with that spike, [there] has been a spike in global average temperatures. We know that, okay. We know that for multiple sources.

And, by the way, Wolf, you know who’s not debating this nonsense at all? China. China’s not debating this at all. They know their glaciers are melting. They know something’s happening. And you know what they’re trying to do? They’re trying to clean our clock in solar, wind, [unintelligible], because they know it’s happening. They’re not caught up in this idiot debate, and that’s where we should be.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...imategate-idiot-debate-nonsense#ixzz0eRDYQmP0

Gipper lies

ve6stt.jpg

In and effort to deceive people, Al Gore has stated that the CRU emails
describing the alteration of climate data are irrelevant because they are ten years old.

What differences does that make?

yet many of the emails were from the past few years, so he misled us
and he never read them, so he says!

Gore also stated they were taken out of context?
Really how? He never really explained!

Al Gore is part of the problem in the US.
He needs to take all the money he has made in this scam and give it
to the black community to create jobs!

But then the climate liars don't mind lying in their own cause of deceiving. The Petroleum Institute must love having so many self-motivated hacks.

PLC1 wrote -

Apples and Oranges.

Two different methods of determining the temperature of the Earth are only apples and oranges if they yield different results. Why wouldn't science use different methods to corroborate data?

If they didn't, then you would say that they were "cherry picking" data, and only using tree ring/ice core sample data because that was the one that supports their pre conceived opinions. That's quit an indictment against the scientific community, and one without support.

Now, just who is supporting a political opinion, and who is analyzing data and coming up with a theory to be tested by other scientists all over the world? Is it NASA, NOAA, or political pundits? It seems pretty clear to me.

I'd like to propose another study.

Let's use our given that BigOil is the one industry that stands to lose the most if global warming is allowed to be accepted as fact.

Using our given, let's try to estimate how many paid bloggers are typing their little fingers off overtime under often ethnic-looking avatars [thereby giving the impression that the left and middle are also on board] in order to dispense a wide net of anti-global warming propaganda.

I only say this because those posters who seem most rabid in beating back the global warming initiatives are using nearly identical talking points. It's as if they convene at a website in the morning and then disperse throughout numerous chat sites and boards like this one spreading the message.

I wonder if BigOil would employ people to do just this to save their profiteering monopoly? If they can lie to Congress and get our taxpayers to foot their corporate takeover of the Middle East and get people to die doing this, I wonder if they'd be able to hire a massive blog-force to punch their agenda through?

Ya think?
:rolleyes: *waves at "asur" and "Gipper" "dogtowner" etc...*

In other words all the motions we go through to try to "convince" asur for perfect example are naturally ineffective as far as position goes. No one here will argue he came on board with an inflexable agenda. It's just to match his blatant propaganda with facts and to expose his obviou$ indu$try-bia$.

Let's use our given that BigOil is the one industry that stands to lose the most if global warming is allowed to be accepted as fact.

Using our given, let's try to estimate how many paid bloggers are typing their little fingers off overtime under often ethnic-looking avatars [thereby giving the impression that the left and middle are also on board] in order to dispense a wide net of anti-global warming propaganda.

I only say this because those posters who seem most rabid in beating back the global warming initiatives are using nearly identical talking points. It's as if they convene at a website in the morning and then disperse throughout numerous chat sites and boards like this one spreading the message.

I wonder if BigOil would employ people to do just this to save their profiteering monopoly? If they can lie to Congress and get our taxpayers to foot their corporate takeover of the Middle East and get people to die doing this, I wonder if they'd be able to hire a massive blog-force to punch their agenda through?

Ya think?
:rolleyes: *waves at "asur" and "Gipper" "dogtowner" etc...*

In other words all the motions we go through to try to "convince" asur for perfect example are naturally ineffective as far as position goes. No one here will argue he came on board with an inflexable agenda. It's just to match his blatant propaganda with facts and to expose his obviou$ indu$try-bia$.

Actually, big coal has more to lose if we start to pursue a policy of limiting our carbon footprint.

No, I don't believe that the "it'sahoax" voices are shills for big oil, but are more likely listening uncritically to right wing political pundits, whose agenda seems to be to counter anything that they perceive as "left", including global climate change.

Why does science get a right or left leaning image? Easy, it's because of the issue of cap and trade, which has been proposed by the other team. If the other guys (you know, the ones with a D after their names) are proposing this, then it must be based on faulty science.

The problem is that they're attacking the problem from the wrong perspective. Try as they might, there simply is no contest between political punditry and scientific data, regardless of what the question is. On the other side, it is the politicians, not the scientists, who are proposing solutions that haven't been proven, that are, in fact, unlikely to produce results. In that case, it is politics vs. science again.

The problem, then, is not whether global climate change is real, or even whether human activities are likely to be accelerating it, but whether any of the solutions being promoted are going to help. Can we change global warming by reducing our carbon footprint? Should we try? Those are the real questions.

My opinion is that climate change is real, and that we'd better get used to it. What we really should do is study the changes taking place and try to understand what is likely to happen, so we can be prepared.

But, of course, I'm not a scientist, nor a politician, so no matter what I think, the politicians will still fight over this issue, accomplishing exactly nothing, the earth will continue to change regardless of what we think or do, and any changes that take place will take us by surprise.

They lose nothing. Any and all costs simply push down to the consumer.

Have you not figured out that cap-n-tax is just anothe trillion a year tax on you and I ?

Could be nothing PC but the talking points are the same on the same days so it suggests paid employees. Do you suggest that BigOil/BigCoal aren't paying bloggers to dispense? If I had to wager on at least two or three posters here, I think I'd bet the house that they exist.

PLC1 wrote -

Apples and Oranges.

Asur, is this whole "manipulation of data" thing you were upset about just the fact that someone mixed different datasets together in a single presentation?

Yet I saw that idiot from the New York Slimes, Thomas L. Friedman...you know the fool who wrote the totally bogus books "The World is Flat" and "Hot, Flat, and Crowded." He is such a fraud but he sure has made a lot of money off those books. Of course, he completely discounts climategate.

Which "climategate" e-mails are the ones that have you so convinced that global warming research is nothing but lies?

Sihouette wrote -
Could be nothing PC but the talking points are the same on the same days so it suggests paid employees

That is pure speculation.

Our mission is simply the pursuit of truth at House of Politics!

We are holding an open university of higher learning here.
We do not charge tuition.
We do not receive a penny from big oil or the U.S. taxpayers, unlike the Climate
Research Unit at the University of East Anglia.

Werbung:
Back