Al-Qaeda founder denounces Terrorism

GenSeneca

No, I didn't accidentally post this outside of the political humor section...

Al-Qaeda founder launches fierce attack on Osama bin Laden
By David Blair in Cairo
Last Updated: 10:36PM GMT 20 Feb 2009

One of al-Qaeda's founding leaders, Dr Fadl, has begun an ideological revolt against Osama bin Laden, blaming him for "every drop" of blood spilt in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Sayyid Imam al-Sharif, who goes by the nom de guerre Dr Fadl, helped bin Laden create al-Qaeda and then led an Islamist insurgency in Egypt in the 1990s.

But in a book written from inside an Egyptian prison, he has launched a frontal attack on al-Qaeda's ideology and the personal failings of bin Laden and particularly his Egyptian deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Twenty years ago, Dr Fadl became al-Qaeda's intellectual figurehead with a crucial book setting out the rationale for global jihad against the West.

Today, however, he believes the murder of innocent people is both contrary to Islam and a strategic error. "Every drop of blood that was shed or is being shed in Afghanistan and Iraq is the responsibility of bin Laden and Zawahiri and their followers," writes Dr Fadl.

The terrorist attacks on September 11 were both immoral and counterproductive, he writes. "Ramming America has become the shortest road to fame and leadership among the Arabs and Muslims. But what good is it if you destroy one of your enemy's buildings, and he destroys one of your countries? What good is it if you kill one of his people, and he kills a thousand of yours?" asks Dr Fadl. "That, in short, is my evaluation of 9/11."

He is equally unsparing about Muslims who move to the West and then take up terrorism. "If they gave you permission to enter their homes and live with them, and if they gave you security for yourself and your money, and if they gave you the opportunity to work or study, or they granted you political asylum," writes Dr Fadl, then it is "not honourable" to "betray them, through killing and destruction".

Terrorist movements across the world have a history of alienating their popular support by waging campaigns of indiscriminate murder. This process of disintegration often begins with a senior leader publicly denouncing his old colleagues. Dr Fadl's missives may show that al-Qaeda has entered this vital stage.

What's totally crazy is that while Democrats and "moderate" Republicans are blaming Bush for "every drop of blood spilt in Iraq and Afghanistan", Dr. Fadl blames Osama Bin Laden...

I guess Dr. Fadl didn't get that memo. :D

Werbung:
No, I didn't accidentally post this outside of the political humor section...

What's totally crazy is that while Democrats and "moderate" Republicans are blaming Bush for "every drop of blood spilt in Iraq and Afghanistan", Dr. Fadl blames Osama Bin Laden...

I guess Dr. Fadl didn't get that memo. :D

Aganistan is OBL, Iraq is Bush, fair ?

Anyone who has spent anytime in Egyptian political prisons knows all about torture and how it can get whatever you want.

Egypt is the apotheosis of corruption and evil.

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
Aganistan is OBL, Iraq is Bush, fair ?
Still haven't figured out how blaming Bush (when he got bi-partisan congressional approval and a 75% approval rating from the public) for Iraq does anything to solve the problems we face in that country...

Perhaps in your world, so long as you can pass the buck and blame someone else for your problems, you don't have to deal with the reality but where I live, here on earth, doing so "just makes you look like you don't have a clue".

Back