All costs of child rearing should be borne by men.

Quite a good proposition but it would require a paradigm shift for the male gender since men are not conditioned by nature and socialization to nurture. It takes a combination of goodwill, legislation and a dose of humour for the ball to change court. Women being the caregivers aren't likely to concede readily and would likely have tongues wagging at the opportunity of a lucrative child support program. Not that it isn't proper.

I do not propose that women give up being the primary care givers. I would propose the opposite as I think them better at such things than most, not all, men.

I am only proposing that men return to taking their duty of being the main protectors and sustainers of family and country.

Sure, conditions are changing where roles are crossing but any man who gives up his position of being the main protector of family and country, to my way of thinking, is not much of a man.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
Men should step up and provide at least half the costs. Of course, that situation would only work if the woman does all the household work, and the man has a good paying job. In another situation, both the man and woman would work, so again the cost should be split.

A big problem nowadays is one parent homes. They cause massive destruction to society as the kids, especially boys, grow up into immature punks. Certain areas of the US and South Africa are full of them. The only way to stop this situation is to provide fathers, because kids are only afraid of thier father.

I do not agree with your last but that would be the case where a mother does not have her child's respect. Fear is a poor child rearing tool and I do not promote it.

To your first. If half is not enough, should a father ignore the shortfall or should he step up and fill it if he can?

I say that if he can and does not, then he is not much of a father. The same would apply to the mother if she just ignores the shortfall.

Regards
DL

I do not agree with your last but that would be the case where a mother does not have her child's respect. Fear is a poor child rearing tool and I do not promote it.

I strongly disagree with that statement. It's a fact a mother cannot command respect from a child. A father can command respect, and it's a healthy respect, not terror.

DL

Then you would allow your child to run out in the street without looking first. There are many instances where the use of "fear" can be beneficial. Maybe more children would not die uselessly if the "old methods" were brought back.

Personally, I have found that so-called "time outs" are a useless tool uses only by the ignorant, and the lazy.

I strongly disagree with that statement. It's a fact a mother cannot command respect from a child. A father can command respect, and it's a healthy respect, not terror.

I agree that respect cannot be commanded. Either the child respects his mother or father or not.

And yes, that would be a healthy and earned respect built on trust, not fear.

Regards
DL

Then you would allow your child to run out in the street without looking first. There are many instances where the use of "fear" can be beneficial. Maybe more children would not die uselessly if the "old methods" were brought back.

Personally, I have found that so-called "time outs" are a useless tool uses only by the ignorant, and the lazy.

Sure a child should be fearful or a car running him over.

We were talking of fear of fathers.

Here is what Jason said.
"The only way to stop this situation is to provide fathers, because kids are only afraid of their father."

Sociologists have shown that the more a child is corporeally disciplined, the more likely is he to have a bad end as compared to a child who was not hit.

Spare the rod and create a better child and adult is their recommendation.

Regards
DL

Sure a child should be fearful or a car running him over.

We were talking of fear of fathers.

Here is what Jason said.
"The only way to stop this situation is to provide fathers, because kids are only afraid of their father."

Sociologists have shown that the more a child is corporeally disciplined, the more likely is he to have a bad end as compared to a child who was not hit.

Spare the rod and create a better child and adult is their recommendation.

Regards
DL

In Iowa where I used to live at, they tried to ban corporal punishment. When all of the fuss was over it was shown that corporal punishment raised the more respectful child, the one more eager to succeed, and the one most concerned about the welfare of others. Studies that show otherwise are pure *********. I suspect you would agree with them though simply because of your disdain for Christian values.

http://pedhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spring-AAP-1997-handout.pdf

In Iowa where I used to live at, they tried to ban corporal punishment. When all of the fuss was over it was shown that corporal punishment raised the more respectful child, the one more eager to succeed, and the one most concerned about the welfare of others. Studies that show otherwise are pure *********. I suspect you would agree with them though simply because of your disdain for Christian values.

http://pedhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spring-AAP-1997-handout.pdf

Strange that you would call beating children a value.

I prefer to talk and not beat.

If you have to resort to violence then you show how poor of a communicator you are and how little respect your child has for you.

Ever hear of Stockholm Syndrome?

Regards
DL

Strange that you would call beating children a value.

I prefer to talk and not beat.

If you have to resort to violence then you show how poor of a communicator you are and how little respect your child has for you.

Ever hear of Stockholm Syndrome?

Regards
DL

Evidently you have not a clue about Stockholm, and didn't bother reading the aritcle thus respond in your usual ignorance. Try again when you gain some knowledge of the topic.

Crime rates in the USA and in South Africa, among other places all give evidence that tradtional values work. However, some athiests and others continue to hate such ideas, often blaming poverty for crime. Some people on the net even blame race as the source without taking into account one parent homes.

Of course, I'm not in favor of extreme stuff, but I do agree kids should be brought up with two parents at least.

Crime rates in the USA and in South Africa, among other places all give evidence that tradtional values work. However, some athiests and others continue to hate such ideas, often blaming poverty for crime. Some people on the net even blame race as the source without taking into account one parent homes.

Of course, I'm not in favor of extreme stuff, but I do agree kids should be brought up with two parents at least.

You lost me.

The U.S. has the worst stats in the world. Are you saying your traditional values are working to maintain that horrible statistic?

Regards
DL

If they would have been seen as worthy, they would have ben adopted or retained.

People tend to do what is good for them, not what harms them.

Regards
DL

No, that isn't the case at all. Some of the traditional values of the past were working well, yet people chose to disregard them, often under the illusion of having more freedom.

Werbung:
If they would have been seen as worthy, they would have ben adopted or retained.

People tend to do what is good for them, not what harms them.

Regards
DL

Do you know when the term "latch key kids" originated? It was when the mother, and in part the father, determined that their careers were of more value then their kids. It then became easier for the "parent" to become the kids "friend" instead of the parent. It also became easier for the parent to get the kid a cell phone to use at the mall.

One of the greatest problems we have in this country is a lack of respect for others, and you don't gain respect from "talking". You just put yourself up as a "soft touch".

Back