Amazing Olympic finish

Take a look at this photo, you tell me who is touching the wall first.

phelpscavic533.jpg

I think that Gold medals are not determined on one angle and one picture. There are many other angles to account for before saying he did not win.

Werbung:
Depending on if the top picture is first or second, the guy on the right. But no names are on them so I cant say.

I do not know sports that well or the rules to them, but the news said they thought this other guy could have touched the wall first but the sensor didnt go off so he didnt touch it hard enough if he did get to it first.

If it makes you feel better write to the Olympics and demand the American be stripped of all of his metals and maybe we can burn him in a fire at the Democratic convention to prove something to the rest of the world?

You are correct the guy on the right appears to be touching the wall first, however he was declared the loser and American Michael Phelps (on the left) declared the winner by official timeskeeper Omega, a company Phelps works for. You telling me that doesn't look and sound suspicious?

That sensor is supposed to go off at the slightest touch, what you have stated you heard sounds like an excuse.

My point is this...what if the situation was reversed? America would be beefing and probably get the decision overturned. The Olympics unfortunately has been littered with fixes in which politics and finances has trumped athletic competition. This appears to be another case, but those red, white and blue blinders aren't interested in evidence.

You are correct the guy on the right appears to be touching the wall first, however he was declared the loser and American Michael Phelps (on the left) declared the winner by official timeskeeper Omega, a company Phelps works for. You telling me that doesn't look and sound suspicious?

That sensor is supposed to go off at the slightest touch, what you have stated you heard sounds like an excuse.

My point is this...what if the situation was reversed? America would be beefing and probably get the decision overturned. The Olympics unfortunately has been littered with fixes in which politics and finances has trumped athletic competition. This appears to be another case, but those red, white and blue blinders aren't interested in evidence.

If it were in reverse Americans would cry? Again I dont know a whole lot about sports, can you tell me about past times when Americans had fits for not winning?

Not counting Nancy Karagon.... I admit she did was a cry baby sissy wench when she didnt win the gold.

but in general do Americans get really testy if they dont win? If they do, that makes me sad.

I just was flipping through the channels and realized that the Olympics are broadcasted on PMSNBC, well heck no wonder you you think the Americans are cheating, that station has a huge anti American agenda...

I am sure they would spin the whole thing against the Americans. We should rename that station AlQuadaNBC for the fine reporting they do.

Well Tanya Harding got Nancys leg broken, she was a dirty rat too! But Nancy went on to the finish, and I think she got the silver, but it could have been the bronze, either way she was openly pouting because she felt she should have gotten the gold.

I thought she took it a little better than that, but you are most likely correct. She got the silver, in a 5-4 decision that was the "closest in 30 years" apparently.

I thought she took it a little better than that, but you are most likely correct. She got the silver, in a 5-4 decision that was the "closest in 30 years" apparently.

She probably would have done a whole lot better if her leg didnt get smashed up, so I can see her not being happy. She would have had to work her whole life to get that far.

It was just that she had an I deserved the gold attitude and I didnt care for that.

They actually came out with a doll a few months later of her and when you pulled the string she made statements like

I am nancy Karagon and I deserved the gold

I am nancy karagon and I feel sorry for myself

It could be that I just didnt pay close attention, but that was the only case I know of where Americans were cry babies, and in her case it was at least partially understandable.

She probably would have done a whole lot better if her leg didnt get smashed up, so I can see her not being happy. She would have had to work her whole life to get that far.

It was just that she had an I deserved the gold attitude and I didnt care for that.

They actually came out with a doll a few months later of her and when you pulled the string she made statements like

I am nancy Karagon and I deserved the gold

I am nancy karagon and I feel sorry for myself

It could be that I just didnt pay close attention, but that was the only case I know of where Americans were cry babies, and in her case it was at least partially understandable.

Here's two examples of Americans crying..the 1972 Olympic basketball gold medal game in which the USSR defeated the US. You still hear about the ending to that game.

http://www.ishkur.com/sports/olympicmoments6.php

And the 1988 Olympics in which the American charged the boxing was fixed denying Roy Jones Jr. of a Gold Medal.

http://www.ishkur.com/sports/olympicmoments4.php

I'm not making any judgments, both outcomes were suspicious, but it makes my point that Americans do cry when they feel they've been wronged. If the Phelps situation had been reversed it would be headline news.

Here's two examples of Americans crying..the 1972 Olympic basketball gold medal game in which the USSR defeated the US. You still hear about the ending to that game.

http://www.ishkur.com/sports/olympicmoments6.php

And the 1988 Olympics in which the American charged the boxing was fixed denying Roy Jones Jr. of a Gold Medal.

http://www.ishkur.com/sports/olympicmoments4.php

I'm not making any judgments, both outcomes were suspicious, but it makes my point that Americans do cry when they feel they've been wronged. If the Phelps situation had been reversed it would be headline news.

Oh and I just remembered another one, and what is funny it its from my area, how could I forget.

Zola Bud tripped the cry baby and she threw a tantrum for years after. I forget her name though;)

her and tonya harding are both from Oregon........It must be the water??

Mary decker was her name, and zola bud ran bare footed and won, I think she was from Africa?

Oh and I just remembered another one, and what is funny it its from my area, how could I forget.

Zola Bud tripped the cry baby and she threw a tantrum for years after. I forget her name though;)

her and tonya harding are both from Oregon........It must be the water??

I remember that, it was Mary Decker doing the crying. Remember how Zola Budd used to run in her bare feet?

I remember that, it was Mary Decker doing the crying. Remember how Zola Budd used to run in her bare feet?

Yes I remember, I had to look up Mary Deckers name and edit my post, but I did remember that Zola ran in bare feet. and I think she was from africa.

ok so we established a number of Americans who were sore losers,

but...... Is it just Americans? It seems we cant be the only ones?

I have no problem looking within for our flaws, I just dont like it when that is ALL we look at while other countrys harvest organs from living prisoners, and kill their people for being the wrong religion, or if they are gay exc.

There needs to be more balance in the critical look at America...... Is I guess my point.

Well Tanya Harding got Nancys leg broken, she was a dirty rat too! But Nancy went on to the finish, and I think she got the silver, but it could have been the bronze, either way she was openly pouting because she felt she should have gotten the gold.

I think she was crying cuz her skates shoelace broke and it cost her or something ...not cuz she lost, cuz it was just from a shoelace...

Werbung:
I think she was crying cuz her skates shoelace broke and it cost her or something ...not cuz she lost, cuz it was just from a shoelace...

Really?

I will look that up, all these years I thought she was pouting because she didnt get the gold. Well that is what listening to the news will do for ya :(

Thanks for the update, I will go read about it now ;)

Back