Another Alaskan GOPer to Prison

Bunz

The irony in this part of the huge scandal that has gripped Alaska now for 2 years is that Bill Weimar conspired to funnel money to a state legislative candidate for thier support to build a PRIVATE PRISON.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/586614.html
Private prison advocate Bill Weimar has just been sentenced to six months in federal prison and six months of home confinement plus a $75,000 fine on bribery and conspiracy charges for his part in the ongoing Alaska corruption scandal.

Weimar, who pleaded guilty to the charges, is scheduled to surrender in early January.

We are continuing to report this story and will post further updates as soon as we have them. See tomorrow's newspaper for full details.

Werbung:
The irony in this part of the huge scandal that has gripped Alaska now for 2 years is that Bill Weimar conspired to funnel money to a state legislative candidate for thier support to build a PRIVATE PRISON.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/586614.html

I see that Republican convicted felon Ted Stevens' lead has slipped to 971 votes after the counting earlier today. Stevens' lead over Begich had been 3,257 votes...there are still plenty of ballots left to be counted and it's now beginning to look as if Begich has an excellent chance of overtaking Stevens after all.

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/08general/data/results.htm

Another GOP snake, dang

I have been to Alaska a few times and thought it was so wonderful. Had thought about moving there after I am done working.

THe more I learn about it the more I am glad I have not set my plans in stone. I still cant get over all the rape there and now all these really horrible GOPers who lack morals.

No obama, I hate to point out the obvious, but there are more than a few corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle!! I've been around awhile and there just isn't a Party that is without corruption.

There is of course, more of them that never get caught.

I don't think the guy deserves to have his seat back. I'm a republican, but I vote for the best person for our nation. Voted for Clinton and numerous Dem Senators through the years.

The Republican Party has let us all down with their spending just like the Dems in recent years. I hope they have seen the light!

One of the parties have to put an end to the spending madness. The dems are still talking like we have money to spend!!! They have to be out of their freaking minds!

Another example of how Republicans support justice. Do you see any republicans saying it was a show trial? Do you see anyone making excuses for these criminals?

Now how about a former impeached president? Do you see any liberals making excuses? See any blaming of 'vast right-wing conspiracies'?

That's the difference. We have morals and values :)

Andy, it is the shining difference where ever I go. Look at ACORN. obama hasn't once accepted any responsibility for what they have done...and he trained them!

Another GOP snake, dang
As an Alaskan, and someone who has in the past supported various GOP candidates I find this whole thing embarrassing and shameful. I look forward to the days when we can look back and say...Remember when? Never again.
I have been to Alaska a few times and thought it was so wonderful.
It still is. Just we have been having some serious political upheaval the last 6 years or so. Hopefully it has come to a head with the last of the trials to hopefully start soon.
Had thought about moving there after I am done working.
Dont forget your bunny boots, youll fit in just fine politically.
THe more I learn about it the more I am glad I have not set my plans in stone. I still cant get over all the rape there and now all these really horrible GOPers who lack morals.
As for the sexual assault issue, and the overall percieved lack of morals, keep in mind that Alaska is an anomoly in statistics when compared to most other states. I am not saying Alaska does not have its own social problems as we do, and we are a state that has put considerable work into correcting those issues. It is not a simple fix, but a very complex set of issues.

As for it being the GOP...it could happen to either party. Alaska is a good example of the corruption that seems to happen when one party exerts vast, long term control over the government despite it being a democracy.

"As for it being the GOP...it could happen to either party. Alaska is a good example of the corruption that seems to happen when one party exerts vast, long term control over the government despite it being a democracy."

So very true Bunz! I wish more Americans would stop the false, "my party" crap. There are big differences in vision...but there is corruption on both sides.

Another example of how Republicans support justice.
That is debatable.
Do you see any republicans saying it was a show trial?
Well Weimar pled guilty and is in the process of ratting out all his corrupt buddies. But are they saying there are show trials? Hell Yes! That has been the mantra since the day Stevens was found guilty until now. Republicans screaming at the top of thier lungs that Stevens didnt get a trial of his peers. Among even worse things.
Do you see anyone making excuses for these criminals?
Enough excuses to make the vote very close considering Stevens and Young winning easily.
Now how about a former impeached president? Do you see any liberals making excuses? See any blaming of 'vast right-wing conspiracies'?

That's the difference. We have morals and values :)
So lying about an otherwise private matter, means no morals and values, whereas collectively taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, those morals and values are left in tact?

No obama, I hate to point out the obvious, but there are more than a few corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle!! I've been around awhile and there just isn't a Party that is without corruption.

There is of course, more of them that never get caught.

I don't think the guy deserves to have his seat back. I'm a republican, but I vote for the best person for our nation. Voted for Clinton and numerous Dem Senators through the years.

The Republican Party has let us all down with their spending just like the Dems in recent years. I hope they have seen the light!

One of the parties have to put an end to the spending madness. The dems are still talking like we have money to spend!!! They have to be out of their freaking minds!

I never thought of Alaska when thinking of all these things before. I alwasy thought of it as just a bit nicer than the rest........ its apparently not

I know curruption is all over the place, I just never thought about it being there.....it always seemed part of the states but a world away. I ahve gone to visit a few times and really had thought to move there when I was done with work. My best friend growing up lives there though she hates it, I love all the things she hates about it.... but now with learning so many new things about it, it seems more stained in my mind than anything else.

Werbung:
That is debatable.

Well Weimar pled guilty and is in the process of ratting out all his corrupt buddies. But are they saying there are show trials? Hell Yes! That has been the mantra since the day Stevens was found guilty until now. Republicans screaming at the top of thier lungs that Stevens didnt get a trial of his peers. Among even worse things.

Enough excuses to make the vote very close considering Stevens and Young winning easily.

Really? I don't see anyone here saying it was a show trial. I haven't met any republicans saying it's a show trial.

On the other hand, I could list off a dozen names of those who after seeing the felonies committed by Clinton, still claimed it was all fabricated.

I have yet to meet a democrat that thinks a democrat convicted of something, should be removed. They always have some lame excuse. You can't prove that Kennedy really ... blaw blaw blaw killed under age blaw blaw found at the bottom of the river blaw blaw. There's always some "vast right wing conspiracy" involved.

The only show trial involved that I can see, was the Palin thing. That was obviously bogus. I read through that twice because I couldn't figure out on what basis they accused her. Unsurprisingly, as soon as people a bit less bias reviewed it, they threw out the prior stupidity.

So lying about an otherwise private matter, means no morals and values, whereas collectively taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes, those morals and values are left in tact?

Oddly, your post here proves exactly what I'm talking about. You made my whole case for me. Show me one republican here on this forum who is saying taking bribes and such is really not wrong, it's a vast left-wing conspiracy? You can't. But here you are making excuses for previous felony. It's a private matter... yes yes of course. Case and point!

Obstruction of justice is not a private matter. Witness tampering, is not a private matter. Lying under oath for any reason, is not a private matter. Basically... if it is considered a felony under the law, it's not a private matter.

Maybe I should repost the Starr Report again. I don't understand how people can have facts and evidence of felonies displayed publicly, and call it a private matter.

Question, are you in favor of women being abused? If your wife worked some place, and the owner abused her and sexually harassed her, would you say it's just a private matter and he shouldn't be sued or required to testify on it? Just curious since that's effectively what your saying about Paula Jones.

Back