Another oil spill in the gulf?

You consistently miss the point.

Our out-sized and most expensive, but very ineffective government, has taken upon itself to regulate all industries and it heavily regulates offshore oil rigs. Of course, government being government it can't get the job done. And yet, lefties want more government. Ugh!!!!

I would never advocate for MORE government. I leave that to people like you. We have way too much government now. If only we could figure out a way to make it more effective. One way would be to appropriately assign blame for disasters such as this to the government and fire all those responsible.

Please refer to this column which I posted for YOUR pleasure some time ago.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11250&highlight=rolling+stone

you claim now you want effeciant government regulations....yet support the party that at every turn makes this impossible buy not funding it, making sure there not enough people, and by having the people in charge of the regulation...be the same people who they are suppose to watch.

Blame Obama for not fixing the last Republican admins corruption? But no blame for the corruption...how telling.

Werbung:
you claim now you want effeciant government regulations....yet support the party that at every turn makes this impossible buy not funding it, making sure there not enough people, and by having the people in charge of the regulation...be the same people who they are suppose to watch.

Blame Obama for not fixing the last Republican admins corruption? But no blame for the corruption...how telling.

Must you persist with your nonsense?

Anyone with a functioning brain knows our government is much too big and ineffective. Cutting it is a necessity, if we are to survive. That does not mean as you of course believe, the government will be unable to perform it's oversight role (which it sucks at now, even though it spends uncontrollably).

Only to those who believe cutting government is always bad, does your post make any sense at all (which of course is why it makes sense to you). By your logic, government can only be effective when it is never constrained.

Must you persist with your nonsense?

Anyone with a functioning brain knows our government is much too big and ineffective. Cutting it is a necessity, if we are to survive. That does not mean as you of course believe, the government will be unable to perform it's oversight role (which it sucks at now, even though it spends uncontrollably).

Only to those who believe cutting government is always bad, does your post make any sense at all (which of course is why it makes sense to you). By your logic, government can only be effective when it is never constrained.

Soooo again

Its Obamas Fault that Regulators did not stop the company from taking actions it was not suppose to be..Its Obamas Fault for not stopping Republican Bush's corruption of the Regulations...and we should give Regulators less money to work with....and the Regulators should be constrained....But its Obamas fault for not constraining them, reducing there budget, ( also meaning cutting amount of Regulators), for not doing a good enough job stopping Republicans corruption....had he done all of this...somehow the regulators would with less power, less money, less people...done more....by magic?

Next you will tell me if a gas station gets robbed, its the fault of the Mayor for not reducing the police budget...Or that its the mayors fault for not getting rid of of police corruption that the last republican mayor helped push)

Soooo again

Its Obamas Fault that Regulators did not stop the company from taking actions it was not suppose to be..Its Obamas Fault for not stopping Republican Bush's corruption of the Regulations...and we should give Regulators less money to work with....and the Regulators should be constrained....But its Obamas fault for not constraining them, reducing there budget, ( also meaning cutting amount of Regulators), for not doing a good enough job stopping Republicans corruption....had he done all of this...somehow the regulators would with less power, less money, less people...done more....by magic?

Next you will tell me if a gas station gets robbed, its the fault of the Mayor for not reducing the police budget...Or that its the mayors fault for not getting rid of of police corruption that the last republican mayor helped push)

How exactly is it that the regulators were somehow all corrupted by Republicans?

I am reading that from the link Gipper posted..."The inside story of how Obama failed to crack down on the corruption of the Bush years"

Oh my....

Do you really think all the government workers charged with regulating oil rigs were Republicans just because an R was president? By your logic, that means all those workers suddenly are Dems as soon as your Messiah took the throne. And, they still screwed up.

I am willing to bet the same people in that department when W was in charge and when the spill occurred on BO's watch, are still there today.

That said, you missed the point again which you do with regularity. The Rs were in senior leadership and they failed in their oversight role just as the Ds did once they got in. Its proof that government does nothing well and yet, you want more of it.

The Times Picayune is reporting that a Houston based company, Anglo-Suisse Offshore Partners, has taken responsibility for leaking Louisiana crude from a non-producing well that has contaminated Louisiana coastal beaches and wetlands and created a slick that spread for miles offshore.

In three reports to the Coast Guard since Friday, the company had reported that less than 5 gallons of crude had escaped. But state Wildlife and Fisheries agents traced the oil to the Anglo-Suisse well at its Platform E facility on Monday afternoon and found a crew on a boat trying to close in the well with a remotely operated submarine.

There seem to be a lot of contradicting reports...from a release of "5 gallons" to claims of "100 mile" oil slicks. Time will tell what the truth is I suppose.

Oh my....

Do you really think all the government workers charged with regulating oil rigs were Republicans just because an R was president? By your logic, that means all those workers suddenly are Dems as soon as your Messiah took the throne. And, they still screwed up.

I am willing to bet the same people in that department when W was in charge and when the spill occurred on BO's watch, are still there today.

That said, you missed the point again which you do with regularity. The Rs were in senior leadership and they failed in their oversight role just as the Ds did once they got in. Its proof that government does nothing well and yet, you want more of it.

I agree that more government will not make it more efficient nor will it be good in any other way. In fact, government is a necessary evil and too much of it is always bad. The goal is not efficiency either - an efficient fascist is not needed for example.

What we need is a government that focuses on doing the role it is supposed to do well and leaves the rest alone. A government that tries to do all things will do none well. A government that tries to regulate appropriately might just do it well enough.

I agree that the Republicans are no better and perhaps worse when it comes to eliminating unnecessary regulation. Pubs eliminate too much while dems just grow it. This is not just a matter of "how much" but more a matter of how appropriate the regulation is.

Government cannot make markets function better so they should just stop trying. They can enforce laws that are designed to stop people from hurting one another. Of course first they have to make laws that have as their intent to stop people from hurting one another rather than as their intent to manipulate markets (often for their own benefit rather than for ours - it is no accident that members of congress make more on their investments than the general population does and also that their is no law against insider trading directed at congressmen)

The Times Picayune is reporting that a Houston based company, Anglo-Suisse Offshore Partners, has taken responsibility for leaking Louisiana crude from a non-producing well that has contaminated Louisiana coastal beaches and wetlands and created a slick that spread for miles offshore.

There seem to be a lot of contradicting reports...from a release of "5 gallons" to claims of "100 mile" oil slicks. Time will tell what the truth is I suppose.

Only if the guilty party is unable to cover it up.

All that pot smoke must be obscuring your monitor...AGAIN.

Really? So, Pockets is right, and you really did post a link to "The inside story of how Obama failed to crack down on the corruption of the Bush years"?

Gosh, all that pot smoke must have obscured it, either that, or you didn't understand the reason for my surprise.

Could you repost it so I can find it among the fog?

Really? So, Pockets is right, and you really did post a link to "The inside story of how Obama failed to crack down on the corruption of the Bush years"?

Gosh, all that pot smoke must have obscured it, either that, or you didn't understand the reason for my surprise.

Could you repost it so I can find it among the fog?

Oh my...here we go again...round and round we go...

I posted the Rolling Stone article by Matt Taibbi at the time of the spill. And, I tried to enlighten YOU then, but apparently it did not take...AGAIN.

I reposted that article above. And yes, the failure of the government to regulate the oil rig is clearly outlined in the article. That failure continued under the presidencies of both W and BO.

Obama made no efforts to address the regulatory failures and corruption in ANY government agency upon his ascension to the WH. To claim he is somehow blameless, which apparently Pockets is trying to claim, is most absurd and fails to accept the facts.

Oh my...here we go again...round and round we go...

I posted the Rolling Stone article by Matt Taibbi at the time of the spill. And, I tried to enlighten YOU then, but apparently it did not take...AGAIN.

I reposted that article above. And yes, the failure of the government to regulate the oil rig is clearly outlined in the article. That failure continued under the presidencies of both W and BO.

Obama made no efforts to address the regulatory failures and corruption in ANY government agency upon his ascension to the WH. To claim he is somehow blameless, which apparently Pockets is trying to claim, is most absurd and fails to accept the facts.

I see. So, your position really is that Obama failed to crack down on the corruption of the Bush years, as well as on corruption in "ANY government agency". He is therefore at least partly to blame for the failure, because he didn't clean up the mess that he inherited from his predecessors.

Given the content of your other posts, I'm still surprised, but OK, you know what your position is better than anyone.

Werbung:
I see. So, your position really is that Obama failed to crack down on the corruption of the Bush years, as well as on corruption in "ANY government agency". He is therefore at least partly to blame for the failure, because he didn't clean up the mess that he inherited from his predecessors.

Given the content of your other posts, I'm still surprised, but OK, you know what your position is better than anyone.

No. Why do you persist in trying to twist my words. I clearly stated my opinion and you agreed with it earlier in the thread. Now you want to argue....WTF...

I never expected Obama to fix the problems. He only makes problems worse.

He and Bush hold much of the blame. But, since BO was in office during the spill he gets awarded with more of the blame. Right?

Back