Anyone Else Find This Description Of "Personal Responsibility" Odd?

All this Macho tough Personal responsibility crap, its stuff that only holds true in some fairytale land. A land people like to believe existed at one time, but never really did. Old myths that never need to bother with the real details.

106 trillion dollars worth of debts and unfunded liabilities, that is a reality.

You argue in favor of sacrificng individual rights for security, that is a reality.

It is immoral to violate individual rights, that is a reality.

It is impractical to forcibly redistribute wealth, that is a reality.

The belief that we can violate individual rights, for the purpose of forcibly redistributing wealth, in order to meet the needs of some individuals, and it is both moral and practical to do so, is the myth that only holds true in some Utopian fairytale land.

I say again... Your only argument is emotional. Your only tactic is to attack those who disagree. Collectivists throughout history have pushed the same Utopian fairytale that you are peddling today, but morality ends at the point of a gun, and the moment you use force in an attempt to create your collectivist utopia, you have ceeded the ground of morality.

Werbung:
No offense, but your friend is hardly the norm. I have no problem helping someone like that, however your antidotal examples hardly mean that large numbers of people could have health care and choose not to have it.

However, the idea that 10% of the country is in the situation that your describe is ridiculous in my opinion.

I just must be realy lucky to have 2 freinds with major health issues, one who was very lucky..and one who was not as lucky when they needed health care. ( like I said before, the other , no threat of lawsuit, she lost her coverage)
And I must be realy unlikey to have gone 4 years with no health care myself...I think its not as abnormal as you think. I was not the one of my freinds at the time with no health care in fact about half my freinds at the time did not have it, and the others only had it by faking where they lived to still get on a parents plan.

Werbung:
106 trillion dollars worth of debts and unfunded liabilities, that is a reality.

You argue in favor of sacrificng individual rights for security, that is a reality.

It is immoral to violate individual rights, that is a reality.

It is impractical to forcibly redistribute wealth, that is a reality.

The belief that we can violate individual rights, for the purpose of forcibly redistributing wealth, in order to meet the needs of some individuals, and it is both moral and practical to do so, is the myth that only holds true in some Utopian fairytale land.

I say again... Your only argument is emotional. Your only tactic is to attack those who disagree. Collectivists throughout history have pushed the same Utopian fairytale that you are peddling today, but morality ends at the point of a gun, and the moment you use force in an attempt to create your collectivist utopia, you have ceeded the ground of morality.

I am sorry the health and well being of others is such a burden your money. I am sorry that your utopia does not exist...the one where the people that don't S spends more per person on health care , to get less for it, and not cover as many...Enjoy paying more, enjoy letting for profit companies decided if you should have insurance and say hope they never side against you.

And yes I will attack those who don't agree...and I find it very odd you try to claim the moral high ground...by supporting a system that tells the poor to go away, your health is not important. Rich people are better people and should live long and healthy lives...Poor people, well hope you don't need us.

Back